Walt Disney World Theme Park Revamps

figmntal95

Original Poster
Okay... I'm gonna try here.

Where will the Walt Disney Story be placed since it is listed separate from The Exposition Hall? Is the Walt Disney Story similar to "One Man's Dream"?

The Disney Story will be similar to the Disney Family museum, not as much like One Man's Dream.

What is Totem Tiki Tower? It sounds like a S&S Combo Shot Tower. If so, where is it going and how will that be blended in?
What is Fire Mountain? It sounds like a coaster. Where is it going?

There's a ride that I've only seen at Dollywood... there are 2 riders in a seat and there is a rope the riders can actually use to propel themselves up the tower, as the tower slowly spins. It's really cool. You've never heard of Fire Mountain? It's been speculated for years.... it was gonna be based of Atlantis: but I changed it so that there has been a group of rebellious animals (most likely gorillas) that take refuge on Fire Mountain. They cause terror all over the jungle, and you're gonna be trying to help Tarzan and his friends save the jungle. The climax of the ride will be when you go straight up out of the mountain, then go backwards all the way to the loading dock.

Is Western River Expedition the raft ride that was envisioned? Where will it go?

What is Geyser Mountain? Where will it go?

It'll go behind BTM.

Geyser Mountain is sorta like ToT. You go over a huge geyser and are propelled into the air out of the mountain. Along with the Western River, it'll make up the Thunder Mesa Complex which is centered around BTM.

Where will the land divide be? Splash Mountain sits between Frontierland and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Would Country Bear Jamboree be moved? Is Bambi a dark ride? Where will it go? So, Winnie the Pooh is just going to move also? Anything different or changed about it? Where will it go?

Where that hill descending down to Splash is. The railroad will become part of CC, and yes, CBJ will be moved and replaced with Woody's Roundup, Bambi is a dark ride, and Pooh will be moved. CBJ will be to the right of Splash, Bambi and Pooh to the left.

America the Beautiful is a dark ride, but what will it involve? Will it be about American history or more about the natural wonders? If it is a showcase of America's beauty, wouldn't a dark ride be a step down from let's say Soarin' which would do it more justice?

ATB will be like GMR, showcasing scenes from American History, like the Signing of the Declaration, Battle Of Gettysburg, etc.

What is Kingdom Hearts? (what will it do?) Where will it go? What is Dalmation Dash? Fantasyland will get at least 4 new roller coasters?! Where will they all fit?

Big indoor coaster, at the back of where Toontown is now behind the train tracks. Similar to Mr. Toad. Yup. The doubling of FL has plenty of room for more rides...

What is MCP Encounter? What does MCP stand for?

It'll replace Stitch, it's based on Tron. MCP stands for Master Control Program. It'll be similar to AE.

Where will Crimestoppers be placed?

At the very front of DHS.

What is Indy Biplanes? I assume Meet Master Yoda will be like Turtle Talk and be placed in the Sounds Dangerous building.

Indy biplanes will actually go in the middle of Lucas Lake (the new name for echo lake) and will be an advanced Dumbo-style attraction, like One Fish Two Fish at IOA. There will be an AA Indy in the middle sitting in his own plane telling you when you move up or down, or you will get sprayed by water (which represents spears from the first Indy Movie.) And for Yoda, you're 100 percent correct.

Where will Muppet Movie Ride go? I'm not familiar with Swinetrek Adventure. What is that? Is Cooking/Swine a ride or restaurant?

To the left of Muppet Vision. Swintrek will be a simulator/living character, and Swedish Chef will just be a living character experience. These will both go where Comissary Lane is.

What is Nostromo? Is the Rocketeer Jetpack a coaster? Is Witch Mountain based on the movie? Who is Plectu?

It's Based off the movie Alien, you take a ride through the spaceship (basically an extension of the ALien scene from GMR.) No. It's similar to Soarin', where you are lifted up in a harness, and it makes you feel like you're flying along with THe Rocketeer. Yes, you will take a wild taxi ride down the mountain while dodging trains and such. You don't know about Plectu? It was supposed to be in Disneyland replacing America Sings. It's basically a rotating AA show with singing aliens.

What is the Incredibles ride? Is it based on the transport pods or what?

Yes.

Is Animation Studios the same or a replacement as the Magic of Disney Animation? Will Fantasmic be moved? So, Playhouse Disney and Little Mermaid will be replaced by Aladdin and Mulan? Where is Toontown going? Will today's kids recognize with Ducktales?

Yes it is. No, Fantasmic will not be moved. No, Playhouse stays, but LM is replaced by Mulan and BaTB is replaced by The Aladdin show from DCA. Next to the Fantasmic theater. Today's kids don't know about a lot of things at the Disney parks (The Muppets, Twilight Zone, Song of the South) they don't really care, as long as they are entertained.

Is the Yellow Submarine ride a real submarine or what? What is the Queen Experience? Although I like those artists, how will they tie in with Disney or the storyline? While yes, we have Aerosmith, the G Force Records tour , tonight's concert, backstage pass thing all ties together.

No... it'll be a simulator. The Queen Experience will be similar to Nights in White Satin at the old Hard Rock Park (if you don't know what that is, look it up on youtube, it's really cool) but with Queen music and related things. They don't neccessarily have to tie in with Disney, but the theme of Melody Way will be a big music festival hosted by the Disney characters.

Really not fond of changing Sunset Blvd (even part of it) to its own "land" especially called "The 5th Dimension". Are the Villains and Nightmare ride both dark rides? What is the Lost Island? It is based on the TV show, but will it be a ride or something like Tom Sawyer's Island?

Why? Every redesign of DHS on here has some sort of horror themed area. But it could use a new name. Villains and Nightmare are both dark rides (the first will involve Villains from different movies showing their side of the story) and Nightmare will be a ride through through the events of the movie. I am also going to remove Lost Island in favor of putting it somewhere else, which I am currently working on...

What's the Dreamer Squad? DisneyNature replaces Circle of Life, but is it also a film, or what? Where will the Shark Coaster go and is it also themed to Finding Nemo? Atmosphantastic does need a new name, but no suggestions here, sorry. Love the natural disaster/whether idea, but you need more details. How will WALL-E be turned into a coaster? Where will it be and how does it tie in with Space when WALL-E mainly focused on the environment? Where will the World of Motion and Around the World go? What would they be?

Dreamer Squad will be a story of Dfinder and Figment joining together to grant dreams all over the world. It's a replacement for HISTA. Yes, Nature is a film. Shark coaster will extend out of the back of the Living Seas (not themed to Nemo.) I'll have to think of a new name. It'll be a WALL E spinning coaster similar to Tony Hawk's Big SPin (a coaster in several Six Flags parks) It'll just be something to do for littler kids who cant/dont go on Mission space. Around the Test Track area. Around the World is a dark ride, and WoM is an update of the original.

Is Switzerland going between Germany and Italy physically or just the way you listed it? What is Natural Treasure? Will it be similar to America the Beautiful? Wouldn't Mt. Fuji and the Matterhorn be too similar? Will Russia be between France and UK? Is Mary Poppin's a dark ride? What is British Invasion?

It'll be where it outpost is. National treasure is a simulator based of the movies. I guess so... I'll just remove Fuji. Yes it will. MP is a dark ride. British Invasion is a movie based on British Rock artists movement to america in the 60's.

What is the Panda Bear Rescue? Where will the Europe land go? How will the Lochness ride be done? What is the Mt. Olympus ride? How will a coaster tie in the Austrailian mountain? Won't a launch coaster and a blast coaster be the same? Is America Sings the same as the old? Mt. McKinley sounds like ANOTHER Matterhorn.

Panda bear rescue will be like TSM where you have to protect the Panda Bears by destroying things that the people who are destroying their habitat are using. Where CMM is. It'll be similar to Jaws. Everest type ride based on Hercules and other Greek mythology. It'll be something where you have to save a Kangaroo or something who is trapped in the mountain. Launch coaster is Forward... Blast is vertical. Yes, But I might move it to America pavilion. I might actually make Mt. McKinley be a mountain biking ride, using the Motorbike coaster style.

What is with each land having a mountain and almost every land in every park getting a roller coaster? Roller coasters are fun, but other than mountains, Disney has a hard time theming them and making them unique. Almost all the mountain coasters you have sound the same.

I'm trying to have every land in AK have a mountain. I might get rid of Matterhorn... EPCOT doesn't need a mountain. I'm trying to make the Disney parks more intended for EVERYONE... and Disney's not doing the theming, I am. And that's not necessarily true... each Mountain will be unique in someway. There will only be the 4 mountains in MK, and all the ones in AK. Witch Mountain is indoor.

The Universal rides (or even just their names) would probably not get redone or reused. What is the difference between the 2 Fantastic 4 rides? Hulk coaster, Hulk experience, Hulk story... what is the difference and why so much Hulk?!

True, I might only end up using Spidey... just because it's so good. What 2 fantastic 4 rides? Well, there's just so much you can do with him! But I'll take him out, the park is too crowded.

I don't think there will be an entire Marvel park. Six Flags hasn't done it with DC Comics, Universal didn't do it, and Disney didn't so it with Muppets, Pixar, ABC television, Star Wars, or Indiana Jones when they probably could have easily done it with Star Wars at least since it also has many locations and many characters.

True, but it really fits. Someone is actually making an entire Marvel Theme park right now anyway...

And wouldn't Harry Potter sorta be it's own theme park because it's big?

So, I really am that lost with all that you posted.

Well....I'm trying to make it clearer.

ShadowWind

That is quite an ambitious plan you have...

I am finding myself having difficulty commenting because I'm not sure if this is designed as a practical revamp leaving most of the park intact, or just a Blue Sky if the parks were completely rebuilt from scratch.

The reason I ask is because if it's the former, the main problem will be space and thus the questions "Where will it go?" For instance, Fire Mountain that would go in Adventureland would have no room in the current layout. The train pretty much runs to the entrance sidewalk and if you notice when riding, the wall to Pirates of the Caribbean is right there.

One of the reasons Pirates is so much shorter, is because originally there was no Pirates in the plan, as you are probably aware. They decided to use the building that was meant for the Mine Train Expedition ride that you mention. But it was too small and there was no good way to expand it because of how tight it all was. Bad planning on their part really, but it makes adding major attractions difficult if one is going for a practical rehab.

Fantasyland is the only land they could make a major expansion of, and even that they had to gut Toontown Fair to do it. The MK is surrounded on all sides by infrastructure, which does not really allow them much room to expand into major rides, which is why they've had to gut several to replace them with others (like Mr. Toad).

If this is meant to be a reimagining of the park with redesigned space and all, then sounds pretty good.

You do have a bit of redundancy from a visitor perspective. Such as One Man's Dream could be joined with the Walt Disney Story and moved back into the Exhibition Hall. Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln is not necessary, since it's pretty much duplicated in Hall of Presidents (which Disneyland doesn't have).

As to the Marvel rides. It might be 20 years, but eventually as Disney owns Marvel, they will find a way to shut down Islands of Adventures use of them when contracts run out. So might as well have a plan, eh?

Cool thoughts on rehab. I like that you included many of the things that were planned, but never built.

figmntal95

Original Poster
That is quite an ambitious plan you have...

I am finding myself having difficulty commenting because I'm not sure if this is designed as a practical revamp leaving most of the park intact, or just a Blue Sky if the parks were completely rebuilt from scratch.

The reason I ask is because if it's the former, the main problem will be space and thus the questions "Where will it go?" For instance, Fire Mountain that would go in Adventureland would have no room in the current layout. The train pretty much runs to the entrance sidewalk and if you notice when riding, the wall to Pirates of the Caribbean is right there.

One of the reasons Pirates is so much shorter, is because originally there was no Pirates in the plan, as you are probably aware. They decided to use the building that was meant for the Mine Train Expedition ride that you mention. But it was too small and there was no good way to expand it because of how tight it all was. Bad planning on their part really, but it makes adding major attractions difficult if one is going for a practical rehab.

Fantasyland is the only land they could make a major expansion of, and even that they had to gut Toontown Fair to do it. The MK is surrounded on all sides by infrastructure, which does not really allow them much room to expand into major rides, which is why they've had to gut several to replace them with others (like Mr. Toad).

If this is meant to be a reimagining of the park with redesigned space and all, then sounds pretty good.

You do have a bit of redundancy from a visitor perspective. Such as One Man's Dream could be joined with the Walt Disney Story and moved back into the Exhibition Hall. Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln is not necessary, since it's pretty much duplicated in Hall of Presidents (which Disneyland doesn't have).

As to the Marvel rides. It might be 20 years, but eventually as Disney owns Marvel, they will find a way to shut down Islands of Adventures use of them when contracts run out. So might as well have a plan, eh?

Cool thoughts on rehab. I like that you included many of the things that were planned, but never built.

I see what you are trying to say. As for Fire Mountain, it would take up space occupied by JC, Pirates, and the train will run through the far side of it.

But I see how the Disney Story and One Man's Dream could be combined, but they have different aspects. The reason I wanted Lincoln to be a part of the Disney Story is because he was a huge part of Walt's life.

Absolutely right about Marvel... you can't wait too long to do nothing with it.

Thanks for the comment.

ObssesionRocks

Finally, another complete revamp thread.

I'd like to suggest an idea for an attraction for Animal Kingdom,

I have an idea for an attraction completely about bears. Like, a bear habitat or something. My idea came from the fact that many of Disney's characters are bears. I'd think this would be a great opportunity to teach kids about real bears while at the same time gather around many different characters from the world of Disney that all have one thing in common.

figmntal95

Original Poster
Finally, another complete revamp thread.

I'd like to suggest an idea for an attraction for Animal Kingdom,

I have an idea for an attraction completely about bears. Like, a bear habitat or something. My idea came from the fact that many of Disney's characters are bears. I'd think this would be a great opportunity to teach kids about real bears while at the same time gather around many different characters from the world of Disney that all have one thing in common.

I suppose there could be a new Disney Bears franchise... featuring Koda, Kenai, Pooh, The Country Bears, they now have Fozzie Bear...

That would go great in the America section of ANimal kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom