Walt Disney World theme park hours updates

HairyChest

What good are epcots 11pm closings when the restaurants close at 7 (and there is no fireworks)?
I don’t eat dinner at 6pm, especially on vacation.

CaptainAmerica

What good are epcots 11pm closings when the restaurants close at 7 (and there is no fireworks)?
I don’t eat dinner at 6pm, especially on vacation.
Are you implying that the only possible thing you could imagine doing in a theme park from 7pm to 11pm is eat a table service dinner?

people are surprised the crowds are returning and parks selling out in March/April during Spring Break/Easter? We are not past the pandemic but plenty of data showing vacation travel is already rapidly increasing.
Who is saying they're surprised?

HairyChest

Are you implying that the only possible thing you could imagine doing in a theme park from 7pm to 11pm is eat a table service dinner?
No but it sounds like you are thinking that.
I said the extra hours don’t help if they haven’t extended the restaurant hours.
Right now, one of the only highlights of Epcot left is the cuisines around world showcase. The rides can be done within a few hours, the live shows and fireworks are non existent ,construction is a mess, and epcot is not a full day park.
If people can’t eat dinner any later then before, they are still either coming early to eat and get the few rides it has in and leave or going elsewhere during those evening hours.
Sure I might eat at the fish and chips stand one night for dinner on my vacation but Id be there way more nights if all those different restaurants were open until decent dinner times.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What year do they think this is ? 1990??!

(which also did have fireworks)

(for far less admission price)

They’ll drink the sand

WDW has always adjusted hours based on crowds, post -pandemic it would be norm for WDW to have longer hours for Memorial Day weekend, July/August, and with 50th anniversary, most certainly for December holiday period.

True. But they didn’t have “premium experiences” then.

people are surprised the crowds are returning and parks selling out in March/April during Spring Break/Easter? We are not past the pandemic but plenty of data showing vacation travel is already rapidly increasing.

It is...but Disney isn’t desperate for money...so they will remain measured/cautious.

mhaftman7

Well we are taking Disney Wife for surprise Mother’s Day weekend trip. Heh heh. I booked my younger son a lightsaber experience at 645p on the 9th. If the estimated time is 20 minutes, then that would be past current park closing.

TrainsOfDisney

It’s pretty normal to want to eat dinner between 7-10 pm. Hence the majority of restaurants in the country being open until 9 or 10 pm.

I’m surprised Disney isn’t charging people money to just walk around a theme park with no rides and just a few food booths open.... oh wait... they are.

plawren2

They’ll drink the sand

True. But they didn’t have “premium experiences” then.

It is...but Disney isn’t desperate for money...so they will remain measured/cautious.
Disney lost billions with the parks closed, so reasonable to expect as parks reopen and crowds return that they will aim to recoup revenues-fully expect more "fee events"

nickys

Premium Member
I wonder when they will end up bringing Epcot back to a more normal opening time.
When they can relax social distancing measures, therefore get more people on the buses and can therefore not need to stagger the park opening times.

So sometime between early Summer and Oct 1st is my best guess.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
When they can relax social distancing measures, therefore get more people on the buses and can therefore not need to stagger the park opening times.

Actually...that’s a prime spot for “premium upsell event” 🤔

correcaminos

But if you look at the park opening times for the others they are not 8, 9, 10, and 11. They are 8 or 9 and then 11. It's no longer staggered for all the parks like last summer. That's why I think there has to be something else. Otherwise they could move it up to 10 even.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom