News Walt Disney World restaurants to begin expanding plant-based menu options

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Have you been to Burger King lately? The Impossible Whopper costs more money than a regular Whopper. But I still like the IW!
Yes and the Impossible Burger (and its counterparts) might be the biggest scam out there right now. It's not true plant based and has as many chemicals in it then a bottle of RoundUp.

What I do like about the new offerings is using cashews as a base for their cheesecake at CG. If done correctly, thats a great option for vegans.

mdcpr

Yes and the Impossible Burger (and its counterparts) might be the biggest scam out there right now. It's not true plant based and has as many chemicals in it then a bottle of RoundUp.

What I do like about the new offerings is using cashews as a base for their cheesecake at CG. If done correctly, thats a great option for vegans.
True, the 'Impossible' brand has heme which a lot of people can be allergic to--I'm one of them. Beyond Meats is a better brand.

Jon81uk

And I'm sure the plant-based protein dishes will cost correspondingly less than meat-based dishes.

Depends on the type of protein being used as not everything is cheap to produce. Of course in the USA beef is produced at a very low price (often in Brazil or Argentina for the fast food chains). Whereas in the UK it is chicken that is very cheap and beef quite expensive.

Mander

In the Parks
No

You're under no obligation to eat it. I went vegetarian but it wasn't because I didn't like the taste of meat. Being able to just go get a burger real quick is fantastic! I've had the Impossible Whopper a couple of times since it released and I really hope it sticks around.

I'm so happy to see Disney expanding their options- they've already got some great ones and more options for guests isn't a negative.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
You're under no obligation to eat it. I went vegetarian but it wasn't because I didn't like the taste of meat. Being able to just go get a burger real quick is fantastic! I've had the Impossible Whopper a couple of times since it released and I really hope it sticks around.

I'm so happy to see Disney expanding their options- they've already got some great ones and more options for guests isn't a negative.
Perhaps you didn't see my other posts, but I am totally on board (and wish there were more options) with Vegan/Plant-Based/Vegetarian options at WDW. Its the Impossible Burger that I think is a scam. As others have said there are much better alternatives, although IB sponsors a kiosk at Food and Wine so I am sure it will stick around.

Because it is money left on the table when people can't buy what they think they need to eat. It's not healthier, it's just different.
Plant based meal options aren’t always about health for many. At least for me, it’s more of an ethical choice. Not saying anyone else has to make that choice, but for me this will be nice to not have to walk halfway around the park to find something that doesn’t have meat or dairy in it. Very happy about the expansion of vegan/plant based options at Disney! 😁

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Plant based meal options aren’t always about health for many. At least for me, it’s more of an ethical choice. Not saying anyone else has to make that choice, but for me this will be nice to not have to walk halfway around the park to find something that doesn’t have meat or dairy in it. Very happy about the expansion of vegan/plant based options at Disney! 😁

Then thier plan worked, you'll potentially spend more for whatever reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom