News Walt Disney World raises the cost of parking at the theme parks October 2023

Clamman73

Wonder what the number of cars/day that have to pay for parking is??? A $5 increase per vehicle brings in a lot of extra cash per year when you multiply it out.

TheMaxRebo

Wonder what the number of cars/day that have to pay for parking is??? A $5 increase per vehicle brings in a lot of extra cash per year when you multiply it out.
From what I saw, estimates are 30-40% of guest stay on property

So let's call it 65% of guests off property have to drive or uber/shuttle

160,000 guests per day across all 4 parks (per 2021 figures)

104,000 guests not on site

let's say 50% of those drive and 4 people per car

13k cars per day (I think this is conservative, the MK lot can hold 12k by itself)

but even on that figure, $5 increase is a $65k increase per day or a $23,725,000 per year

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Remember when Bob Iger came back and made a bunch of statements about stopping all the nickel-and-diming that Chapek was implementing?

Well, it was meaningless because Iger is no better.
This image comes to mind
spiderman-meme.png

Gran Fiesta

Sorry for my ignorance but is free parking included for AP members? I have an annual pass to Dollywood and I didn’t know if it acted the same way.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Nah, the stunning part was that people tried to say iger was genuine and he meant what he said.
But he's done "fantastic things" in his 2 decades as CEO! Just ask a couple of ardent Iger defenders around here, I'm sure they have a long list at the ready to provide. :cautious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom