Walt Disney World Railroad refurbishment - September 28-November 8

Voxel

President of Progress City
Considering that the idea never came to fruition, and that the HE is based on an important piece of the books/films, I wouldn't call it a rip-off.
Never stated it was. I was just answering a question to how someone can assume its a rip-off. While I will stated there are a lot of similarity between the concept and the Hogwarts Express, I will not say something is a rip-off because in actuality everything is a rip-off of something else.

cw1982

Never stated it was. I was just answering a question to how someone can assume its a rip-off. While I will stated there are a lot of similarity between the concept and the Hogwarts Express, I will not say something is a rip-off because in actuality everything is a rip-off of something else.

Sorry... I should have quoted the post that had the rip-off remark to start with. I wasn't disagreeing with you, but rather just reacting to the clarification you provided because I also had no idea what rip-off we were talking about lol.

Thanks for clearing that up for us btw :)

Voxel

Sorry... I should have quoted the post that had the rip-off remark to start with. I wasn't disagreeing with you, but rather just reacting to the clarification you provided because I also had no idea what rip-off we were talking about lol.

Thanks for clearing that up for us btw :)
No problem! If you ever get a chance check out the old Epcot concepts, they considered Godzilla once. :D

Matt_Black

Harry Potter is just a rip-off of Neil Gaiman's Tim Hunter and The Books of Magic.

lazyboy97o

The Bullet Train ride was not transportation nor the first attraction to simulate movement. Moving travelogues are one of the oldest attraction concepts dating back well over a century.

Voxel

The Bullet Train ride was not transportation nor the first attraction to simulate movement. Moving travelogues are one of the oldest attraction concepts dating back well over a century.
Agreed. :D (Like I said everything is a rip off of something else)

seascape

I just thought about this. Why would they close the train on the 28th? That is a Sunday. They won't start work on a Sunday would they?

Voxel

I just thought about this. Why would they close the train on the 28th? That is a Sunday. They won't start work on a Sunday would they?
A few possible reason. It might start a new pay schedule which would be easier in their systems to move the employees to other sections/divisions.
Maybe to allow more time for the track/trains to settle before working on it.

I am gonna say option 1.

seascape

A few possible reason. It might start a new pay schedule which would be easier in their systems to move the employees to other sections/divisions.
Maybe to allow more time for the track/trains to settle before working on it.

I am gonna say option 1.
Okay I could understand that but it's dumb. Sunday should be a busy day and the day I'm leaving.

Victor Kelly

I believe Sunday is the least crowded day. Seem to remember it being in Birnbaums books for years, of course that could be incorrect now.

My work starts in new jobs or transfers at the beginning of the pay period. Mainly because they cannot mix assignment codes. Same thing is possible for Disney.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Well it would be no more of a rip-off than what Uni has done by ripping off a concept intended long ago at World Showcase. And of course WDI could do a much better job if given the chance. There are plenty of tourist dollars to go around it seems to me.
I'm talking about a direct copy. Concepts are concepts. But to directly take what another park down the street built and build it too is tacky.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Harry Potter is just a rip-off of Neil Gaiman's Tim Hunter and The Books of Magic.
Mmm never noticed that... especially how much they look alike
8th-harry-potter-book.jpg

250px-Tim_Hunter_from_Bindings_Cover.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom