Walt Disney World Park Hours Update

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thought it might be good to have a place to put weekly park hour updates. Here are the most recent changes.

Disney’s Animal Kingdom

Nov. 5-9: 8am open (previously 9am)
Nov. 10, 11: 8am-8pm (previously 9am-7pm)

Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Nov. 10, 11: 8:30am open (previously 9am)

Magic Kingdom

Oct. 28: 8am-11pm (previously 9am-10pm)
Nov. 4: 8am-11pm (previously 9am-10pm)
Nov. 5: 9am-10pm (previously 9am-9pm)
Nov. 6: 9am-11pm (previously 9am-9pm)
Nov. 7: 8am-11pm (previously 9am-9pm)
Nov. 8: 9am-10pm (previously 9am-9pm)
Nov. 9, 10: 8am-6pm (previously 9am-6pm)
Nov. 3, 11: 9am-12am (previously 9am-9pm)

Kamikaze

By 'previously' are you saying those are last week's times, or the times were changed since the initial hours were posted?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
By 'previously' are you saying those are last week's times, or the times were changed since the initial hours were posted?

It could be both. For example, Magic Kingdom hours initially on Nov. 4 were 9am-9pm, but were updated last week to 9am-10pm. Most park hours that were extended this time were initial hours posted.

Kamikaze

Park hours definitely matter to me when it comes to multiple things so ill Respectfully disagree
But you specifically said 'Trips are booked', insinuating that somehow these new hours would effect your trip in a negative way.

If your trip is already booked, you did so with either knowledge of the old hours or no knowledge of hours at all. There is no negative to them then extending those hours. Theres nothing to get 'fed up' about. If you booked a trip and they CUT hours, thats one thing, but thats not something that happens.

Disney Analyst

Kinda crazy MK has been closing so early compared to Disneyland.

I remember my ICP, working in MK, having a regular guest extension until like 1 am, or something, and then EMH until 3 am. Something like that.

It was an insane night... We were closing Gaston's, and they hadn't accounted for the extension, so we are in the back of the park, cleaning up, and all the lights and show music goes off, and we are just in pitch blackness, alone.

We had to call our manager office, and say "hi... help?"

jrhwdw

Kinda crazy MK has been closing so early compared to Disneyland.

I remember my ICP, working in MK, having a regular guest extension until like 1 am, or something, and then EMH until 3 am. Something like that.

It was an insane night... We were closing Gaston's, and they hadn't accounted for the extension, so we are in the back of the park, cleaning up, and all the lights and show music goes off, and we are just in pitch blackness, alone.

We had to call our manager office, and say "hi... help?"
With Guests still in the Park?

Splash4eva

But you specifically said 'Trips are booked', insinuating that somehow these new hours would effect your trip in a negative way.

If your trip is already booked, you did so with either knowledge of the old hours or no knowledge of hours at all. There is no negative to them then extending those hours. Theres nothing to get 'fed up' about. If you booked a trip and they CUT hours, thats one thing, but thats not something that happens.
i will try & make this simple for you. As of now parks close at 9pm HS & MK for example. I am booked Thurs & Fri. They decide to extend hours to one of those parks last minute after all my dining & park ressies are booked etc. Still think it doesnt matter?

spectromagic04

i will try & make this simple for you. As of now parks close at 9pm HS & MK for example. I am booked Thurs & Fri. They decide to extend hours to one of those parks last minute after all my dining & park ressies are booked etc. Still think it doesnt matter?
MK is going to extend hours past 9pm but Studios still stay at 9pm. They haven’t been closing Studios at 9:30/10pm since fantasmic first opened. I guess I just know Disneys habits when it comes to park hours and extensions.

mattpeto

If you've already booked then it doesn't matter? You are committed at that point, so the extra hour(s) isn't an enticement to go. Its just bonus park time.
I always took the added park hours as a way to increase and handle capacity. It helps spreads out the crowds.

The midnight closing at MK likely should indicate it’s going to be bonkers busy there.

Kamikaze

What exactly would be the problem? Your reservations are not changed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom