Walt Disney World Park Hours cut starting September 8 2020

legwand77

For me, I prefer the ability to ride everything, re-rides and not dealing with FP+ vs. the entertainment and benefits before the COVID. In fact, I'd happily pay double for my pass if WDW operated like this with capacity caps normally.
pretty much why VIP tours are very successful even though the are pricey

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
For me, I prefer the ability to ride everything, re-rides and not dealing with FP+ vs. the entertainment and benefits before the COVID. In fact, I'd happily pay double for my pass if WDW operated like this with capacity caps normally.
Ok...but that doesn’t mean there’s “more value” because interstate and international travel is effectively destroyed.

And that “limited capacity” plan is not real...it never was.

This goes for leggy too:
Don’t pee upwind.

Tcherok

This may be a dumb question, (I haven’t been to WDW since 2000) but how late are restaurants open in the park? We are going in September and have a reservation for Be Our Guest at 6:10.

MonorailCoral

Ok...but that doesn’t mean there’s “more value” because interstate and international travel is effectively destroyed.
I beg to differ...There is incredible value in not having to deal with the masses of interstate and international travelers.

Parker in NYC

Who is saying that?

Countless folks on these boards planning for the future. I don’t know when that future is but I sure as hell don’t see it happening for A WHILE. Christmas parties? Please. I’d be surprised if we have a Christmas party in 2021 much less this year. And my track record on these things is pretty good, so, tell that to the “experts” on here.

Parker in NYC

It’s slowed down...some...the last two weeks or so. So the general sense of “it’s REALLY going to just go away now!” Is stating to creep back it 🙄

Oh dear. I’ve been banned from so many threads, I’ve lost track of the narrative. So that’s where we are again. Insanity is the definition of... I mean, insanity is the doing the same thing... I mean. Oh, the humanity.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh dear. I’ve been banned from so many threads, I’ve lost track of the narrative. So that’s where we are again. Insanity is the definition of... I mean, insanity is the doing the same thing... I mean. Oh, the humanity.
I’m not talking threads...I’m done with the viral talk EXCEPT to point out dangerous hoaxing.

I’m getting that sense outside the Disney discussions...on the street...it’s starting to become “May” Again.

As far as Disney goes...it’s all about the recession playbook now

Parker in NYC

I’m talking threads...I’m done with the viral talk EXCEPT to point out dangerous hoaxing.

I’m getting that sense outside the Disney discussions...it’s starting to become “May” Again.

Oh, yes it’s almost gone! I figure that for every time I’m banned from a thread, a school re-closes. I’d better start posting on at least fifty threads... for starters.

KevinPage

Wait...I thought you couldn't take your mask off to eat if you were standing?

As long as you are stationary and actively eating/drinking and “off to the side”.

But this is indoors in World Showplace Festival Center (not Showcase). They have tables and chairs all set up for eat/drink, naturally 🤩

DisneyDebRob

Exactly what Disney wants to here. I’ll pay more for less. We get it, there’s no people.. we can go on this ride 5 times and the next one 5 times.. blah blah.. It’s exactly what some of my friends say when they ask why I’m going to Disney again when you can go to Six Flags and not have this kind of waits. Disney has always been, to me, so much more then rides. It’s all missing now. IMO

techgeek

In regards to if the park is worth it right now, it depends on what you like to get for the experience. Among my friends and coworkers I’m one of the few to be at the parks 5 times (waiting for frozen now). First question I ask them is “what does your family like to do at the parks?” If they say rides mostly I say it’s a great time to go. If they say characters and shows because they have small kids I say it’s not a good time to go.

I just had my first experience post-reopening at the parks Friday at HS. It's very apparent Disney is running a 'Covid-lite' version of the traditional Disney experience. Yes, the Studios has a modest collection of excellent rides (plus one on-another-level experience in RotR...), and you can ride your fill of them easily in an operating day... but right now that's it. That's all there is.

The park is lifeless, with what 'crowds' there are clustered around the open attractions. The random character appearances feel perfunctory - they would be conspicuous in their absence, but in their current format add little to the actual experience. There were more umbrellas than people on the path in Toy Story Land. All across the park, things were shuttered and dark... from major venues to the stunning lack of ability to buy a Mickey ice cream bar. Just considering actual offerings, it's a shadow of what it was 6 months ago... a "best of rides" rendition of Hollywood Studios. After I hit the attractions I had my sights on, there was no reason for me to stay - there wasn't even any decent people watching to be had.

I felt completely safe, but for that same reason I also found it completely impossible to consider it an 'escape' from the current situation. None of the mitigation measures are offensive exactly (in fact some are welcome!)... but they are pervasive. By necessity, they definitely convey a tone of 'something's not right here', even if the result is your own private ride vehicle.

So is it worth it? If you have an AP already paid for, DVC points to use, have already been 20 times and have money to burn... sure go for it. At the very least it will be a unique and novel experience to add to your Disney memories. But, I can NOT recommend it to anyone looking for a true experience of Disney 'magic', a first or only-time visitor, or anyone paying 'rack rate' for what is not at all the full experience. Personally, by the time my AP expires in October I will have had my fill on rides and see no reason to renew until this is all behind us and the full magic is back.

Herdman

I just had my first experience post-reopening at the parks Friday at HS. It's very apparent Disney is running a 'Covid-lite' version of the traditional Disney experience. Yes, the Studios has a modest collection of excellent rides (plus one on-another-level experience in RotR...), and you can ride your fill of them easily in an operating day... but right now that's it. That's all there is.

The park is lifeless, with what 'crowds' there are clustered around the open attractions. The random character appearances feel perfunctory - they would be conspicuous in their absence, but in their current format add little to the actual experience. There were more umbrellas than people on the path in Toy Story Land. All across the park, things were shuttered and dark... from major venues to the stunning lack of ability to buy a Mickey ice cream bar. Just considering actual offerings, it's a shadow of what it was 6 months ago... a "best of rides" rendition of Hollywood Studios. After I hit the attractions I had my sights on, there was no reason for me to stay - there wasn't even any decent people watching to be had.

I felt completely safe, but for that same reason I also found it completely impossible to consider it an 'escape' from the current situation. None of the mitigation measures are offensive exactly (in fact some are welcome!)... but they are pervasive. By necessity, they definitely convey a tone of 'something's not right here', even if the result is your own private ride vehicle.

So is it worth it? If you have an AP already paid for, DVC points to use, have already been 20 times and have money to burn... sure go for it. At the very least it will be a unique and novel experience to add to your Disney memories. But, I can NOT recommend it to anyone looking for a true experience of Disney 'magic', a first or only-time visitor, or anyone paying 'rack rate' for what is not at all the full experience. Personally, by the time my AP expires in October I will have had my fill on rides and see no reason to renew until this is all behind us and the full magic is back.
This is what I've been saying all along. We're going in late October, and we are fortunate to be able to go every couple years, but I would definitely not recommend anyone going if this is their first time or they don't go often. Each family has a different set of circumstances to navigate in deciding what is the best decision for them.

legwand77

Exactly what Disney wants to here. I’ll pay more for less. We get it, there’s no people.. we can go on this ride 5 times and the next one 5 times.. blah blah.. It’s exactly what some of my friends say when they ask why I’m going to Disney again when you can go to Six Flags and not have this kind of waits. Disney has always been, to me, so much more then rides. It’s all missing now. IMO
If you went and they had crowds in the last hour of the day, Disney would stay open. as no one is there it makes perfect sense to close, simple business

Herdman

If you went and they had crowds in the last hour of the day, Disney would stay open. as no one is there it makes perfect sense to close, simple business
yes, they have been paying attention just as I have from watching all the Florida vloggers videos of being in the parks. Nobody in the parks the last hour or so they are open. Perfect way to save a little money by closing earlier. Damn those people leaving early....😃

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom