Walt Disney World on the cheap!

Rory Mitchell

Original Poster
Me and my girlfriend are thinking of going to Orlando in September 2004, the only problem is, being young individuals that we are we have to go relativly cheap. I was wondering if there are any people out there that know of some good deals/offers? We are looking at spending around £1.500 for the two of us, without spending money. I realy want to take her cause shes never been before and it would realy cheer her up after a long year at Uni. Hope to here form you soon!:)

meanmice

I'm in a simular boat. My boyfriend and i are going in late july of this year. we get off a little easier since he will only be 17 and i'm 18. hotels aren't as expencive as we thought they'd be (what a difference a year makes). The only thing that I wish we did differently was get a package. we did everything seperatly. it was fun to plan together, but i think it would have been cheaper. We were also lucky because for Christmas my parents bought us park hopper passes. It does, however, that we will each have $500 in food and spending money. that worries me.

PhotoDave219

Well, you can always check the advice/deals over at MouseSavers.com or you can talk to Pam over at KingdomKonsultants.com and they might be able to help you beyond our experiences.

I would book as far in advance as you could so you can get CHEAP airfare and a great room deal, like the ones going on now. From there, if youre really hip to saving money, Try just goin on 2 meals a day in a food court. And those Ceaser/Chefs salads are almost big enough to feed two adults. You could always do that.

If youre willing to drink the water from the water fountains, refill your bottles as you go (Theyre 2.50 a pop in the park) - or, get some really big ones and refill them in your room.

What your doing can be done. You just need to be consious of how much $$$$ youre spending. As I check the morning papers, the exchange rate favors you big time. A British pound is worth about $.60 American. Unless that significantly changes over the next year, you should be fine.

Rory Mitchell

Original Poster
Thank you.

Thanks to the both of you fopr your great advice, ill defanatly look in to the whole package odea a lot more now, and I definatly know what im going to do about food. BIG AMERICAN ALL YOU CAN EAT BREAKFAST BUFFET! LAst time I went those things fed me the whole day! thanks again. :)

Dwarful

Well for us it always seems to be cheaper to book seperately unless you could take advantage of that package deal they have going on now where you get the 3 days free, but thats a first for Disney so typically you can book seperately cheaper by hitting mousesavers.com

Also eat lunch late, but hit a buffet so each person can find something they like and fill up. We do this everytime, eat late like 3pm, still lunch price but late enough to not need a big dinner. You can do this on a good budget and still have a fab. time.

Make sure you bring along enough film, batteries etc. those are the really pricey things at WDW that when your out your desperate ;)

PhotoDave219

Originally posted by Dwarful

Make sure you bring along enough film, batteries etc. those are the really pricey things at WDW that when your out your desperate ;)

And make sure you get one of those film-shield bags to protect the film. The latest XRay machines will kill your film, especially on international flights.

jaimjaim25

Originally posted by PhotoDave219
Well, you can always check the advice/deals over at MouseSavers.com or you can talk to Pam over at KingdomKonsultants.com and they might be able to help you beyond our experiences.

I would book as far in advance as you could so you can get CHEAP airfare and a great room deal, like the ones going on now. From there, if youre really hip to saving money, Try just goin on 2 meals a day in a food court. And those Ceaser/Chefs salads are almost big enough to feed two adults. You could always do that.

If youre willing to drink the water from the water fountains, refill your bottles as you go (Theyre 2.50 a pop in the park) - or, get some really big ones and refill them in your room.

What your doing can be done. You just need to be consious of how much $$$$ youre spending. As I check the morning papers, the exchange rate favors you big time. A British pound is worth about $.60 American. Unless that significantly changes over the next year, you should be fine.

yes yes, mousesavers is the BEST! I use it everytime I go there!

mickeysaver

May I also suggest taking a look at www.disneydollarless.com and maybe joining their Yahoo! based newsgroup? The newsgroup is best joined either as a group you read on Yahoo! or as the digest email format. It's quite busy. I have found it to be a great source of money saving ideas too. If you are concerned about the prices of food and such, check out the menus on www.wdwig.com and you will see that most offer prices too. I hope this helps. Mickey

Passport

Sorry, I can't let this one go.

1 dollar equals .60 British pounds.

1 BP equals 1.66 dollars.

It has always cost more dollars to buy pounds.

djmatthews

Originally posted by Rory Mitchell
Me and my girlfriend are thinking of going to Orlando in September 2004, the only problem is, being young individuals that we are we have to go relativly cheap. I was wondering if there are any people out there that know of some good deals/offers? We are looking at spending around £1.500 for the two of us, without spending money. I realy want to take her cause shes never been before and it would realy cheer her up after a long year at Uni. Hope to here form you soon!:)

Hello. I am hopefully going next year in June after I finish my second year at Uni. I have done lots of pricing up, whatever you do DON'T go through a travel agent. I have a spreadsheet that I have done, costing everything out, I have worked it out that me and my other half can have 2 weeks in Orlando including Disney passes, Universal/Seaworld passes, car hire, flights and staying in a Disney Value resort for between £1000-£1250 depending on what flight I can get and next years codes. You should be able to get cheaper as September (I think) is cheaper than June. Can I recommend if you are both srudents getting a International Student Card, they cost £7 but you can save like 30% on flights through STA (Student Travel Association). Use the mousesavers codes to save money for staying at a Disney resort.

Dayma

Here are some tips:

1. Dont drink alchol down there. We spend about 40$ a night just in drinks. Being 17 and 18 you dont have to worry about that.

2. Dont eat at ANY sit down restraunt. You will spend about 40-50 w/tip.

3. Stay at the parks in off season for much better prices.

4. Dont stay on the resort unless you can afford it. It is much nicer and completes the experience but it can be a lot more per night than say Holiday Inn...

jaimjaim25

Originally posted by blackride
Here are some tips:

1. Dont drink alchol down there. We spend about 40$ a night just in drinks. Being 17 and 18 you dont have to worry about that.

2. Dont eat at ANY sit down restraunt. You will spend about 40-50 w/tip.

3. Stay at the parks in off season for much better prices.

4. Dont stay on the resort unless you can afford it. It is much nicer and completes the experience but it can be a lot more per night than say Holiday Inn...

hmmm.. but the point for some people when they go on vacation (like me :) ) is to SPLURGE!! The drinks are the best anywhere, the restuarants are really nice, & half the fun is to stay in a disney resort!! (Try Port Orleans, three of us stayed there for like $120 a night! AND IT WAS 100% WORTH IT!

Big Pooh

Originally posted by jaimjaim25
hmmm.. but the point for some people when they go on vacation (like me :) ) is to SPLURGE!! The drinks are the best anywhere, the restuarants are really nice, & half the fun is to stay in a disney resort!! (Try Port Orleans, three of us stayed there for like $120 a night! AND IT WAS 100% WORTH IT!

Hmmm...but the point of this thread is how to go to Disney from across the Pond ON THE CHEAP. :hammer: :)

Cheers :wave:

Dayma

hmmm.. but the point for some people when they go on vacation (like me ) is to SPLURGE!! The drinks are the best anywhere, the restuarants are really nice, & half the fun is to stay in a disney resort!!

I agree and this is how I am also....we spend about 100$ on food and drink each day, but the post was how to save money not spend it :)

Rory Mitchell

Original Poster
cheers

Dont wory about the drinking side cause ill only be 20 when we go anyway, but the last few times I went to florida none of my family ever realy wanted to drink, WDW is not that kinda holiday. also i am very gratefull for all your support and advice, it has realy helped me alot and I think that paying for everything sepperatly now will probably save us money. I think that its wonderfull as well that even though im a very new person here youv all taken me so seriopusly and politly. thanks again

WDW in September 2004! :sohappy:

jaimjaim25

Originally posted by Big Pooh
Hmmm...but the point of this thread is how to go to Disney from across the Pond ON THE CHEAP. :hammer: :)

Cheers :wave:

hmmm....thats why I mentioned port Orleans and how cheap it is.

Dwarful

How much time will you be spending at the resorts? if not much then go for All Star Movies or the new pop century. we got rooms for $55 each, nice clean, cute theme. No I know its not the Adams~ Mark but they are looking cheap, thats cheap and still gets the Disney Resort perks of Early Entry (or whatever they are calling it now) parcel delivery to the resorts, etc.

Dayma

How much time will you be spending at the resorts? if not much then go for All Star Movies or the new pop century. we got rooms for $55 each, nice clean, cute theme

Yep this is a nice place. Port orleans is a tad more expensive but I LOVE it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom