Walt Disney world model for sale?

DisneyDude10

Original Poster
Does anyone know if there are Walt Disney World models for sale anywhere? I have been able to find the "Epcot Monorail" toy but I havent been able to find much else. In theory Im looking for something similar to the town houses that Christmas stores sale, the ones that people set up to make it look like they have a little Christmas filled town on their dining table for the month of December. LoL If nothing like this exists then maybe we should market this product ourselves. Anyways if anyone knows of anything similar to this I will be ecstatic!

DisneyDude10

Original Poster
Holy cow those are emaculate!!! I cant help but to want the "Disney World" version but WOW are they EXPENSIVE or what!?!? Not to mention the fact that the Disney World version is not nearly as large as the Disney Land version which is slightly depressing. Does anyone out there have these "miniatures" if so id love to see some photos and if others havent looked into this, I would think that they would appreciate it just as much as the next Disney fan. Thanks for the site!!

Figment82

They are expensive, but certainly not overpriced for the amount of detail. I have the Cinderella Castle and Sleeping Beauty Castle pieces, as well as a few of his other items (Gallery of Light, Pokitpals, etc.), and you can't beat the quality.

Although Mr. Olszewski does not currently have as many pieces out for WDW as he does for DL, don't worry - they are on the way. He's releasing 2 more pieces for the WDW Main Street collection just next week. DL is his major focus for now (Main Street is complete, now moving onto Fantasyland) but he is constantly adding to the WDW set. Plus you couldn't meet a nicer person!

loveofamouse

For what they are, and being if Disney, I don't think they are overpriced. They are out of MY price range lol but not anymore pricey than any models. I like the way the castle lights just like it really does :)

DisneyDude10

Original Poster
They are expensive, but certainly not overpriced for the amount of detail. I have the Cinderella Castle and Sleeping Beauty Castle pieces, as well as a few of his other items (Gallery of Light, Pokitpals, etc.), and you can't beat the quality.

Although Mr. Olszewski does not currently have as many pieces out for WDW as he does for DL, don't worry - they are on the way. He's releasing 2 more pieces for the WDW Main Street collection just next week. DL is his major focus for now (Main Street is complete, now moving onto Fantasyland) but he is constantly adding to the WDW set. Plus you couldn't meet a nicer person!

I agree about the pricing the more I look at them, the more reasonably priced they seem to be!!!!! I actually did see where Olszewski will be in the world on the 6th and 7th, any clue what he is releasing or what is on the way? I have been searching the web because I am determined to have this collection!!! The castle is AMAZING and the train station is perfect!!! I look forward to seeing the Plaza resteraunt because there is no place else in the world that a hamburger and a milkshake feel more American. I was initially wanting to have a model of ALL of the parks that are part of WDW but after seeing functional DL models online, I will put my faith in these miniatures. They are so perfect!!!

Figment82

I agree about the pricing the more I look at them, the more reasonably priced they seem to be!!!!! I actually did see where Olszewski will be in the world on the 6th and 7th, any clue what he is releasing or what is on the way? I have been searching the web because I am determined to have this collection!!! The castle is AMAZING and the train station is perfect!!! I look forward to seeing the Plaza resteraunt because there is no place else in the world that a hamburger and a milkshake feel more American. I was initially wanting to have a model of ALL of the parks that are part of WDW but after seeing functional DL models online, I will put my faith in these miniatures. They are so perfect!!!

I know the upcoming pieces are online - check the Art of Disney Parks or Olszewski's official site. I've seen the preview pieces at Art of Disney and I believe, off memory, that it is the Market House/Bakery building and part of the Emporium - but double check to be sure.

If you love his miniature buildings but don't want to spend that much money, you might want to consider his other lines, such as the Pokitpals that run about $20 each. He has many great pieces in pill box form that represent different attractions and characters, such as the Country Bears, Tiki Room, Space Mountain and a set of 4 that feature the Haunted Mansion stretching room portraits. Very affordable but beautiful quality and detail.

devoy1701

I love Olszewski's work.

To date I have:
  • Cinderella Castle
  • Central Hub
  • Emporium with Car Barn (signed first edition)
  • City Hall (signed first edition)
  • Exposition Hall (signed first edition)
And I will be at the signing event on the 7th to get signed first edition of the second Emporium piece.

Somebody asked why he was going to be at WDW on the 6th and the 7th and the answer is that he is releasing 2 new pieces to the collection, The Back-Half of the Emporium and the Market House (where they sell the blown glass).

http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/artofdisneyparks/event/wdw_olszewski2010.html

As for the prices of his work. It's by no means over priced. Considering a lot of the crap that WDW sells nowadays, it's nice to spend a little money on something that is well built and valuable (both mentally and literally)! I had originally bought the castle as a gift to my GF/now fiance. But the detail was so incredible, that I allowed myself this one vice and started collecting the set. The amount of man hours he spends designing these peices, experimenting with scale, paint, and lighting...I don't actually think Disney is making all too much off of these anyway. If you have the time check out his you-tube videos. It's a 3-part series that goes into his studio and he explains the effort he goes through to make these models.

The other comment about the WDW not being as big as the DL set. Well that's simply because DL has more fan followers and has more people willing to pay top-dollar for decent collectibles. It also had to do with the original merchandising executives at WDW didn't stand behind the project, so for the first 2-3 years there were only 3 peices, Cinderella Castle, Town Square, and the Central Hub. Now that management has OKed finishing the Main Street set and has also agreed to evaluate additional pieces afterwards, Olzsewski is cranking these out about 3 or 4 new pieces a year (faster than I can afford to buy them!). I for one am hoping that he goes into reproducing the main buildings of the Deluxe resorts!!

Last point about price....there are ways to get them cheaper. I always buy them from Uptown Jewelers in the Magic Kingdom which allows me to get a 20% discount with my Disney Visa, which knocks about $70 off the price of the Train Station I haven't bought yet. Throw some Disney Rewards Dollars on top of that since I do all of my spending on my Disney Visa and I'm walking out with a new piece to my collection for about 40% off. :wave:

Here's a link to his webpage for the WDW collection:
http://www.olszewskistudios.com/WaltDisneyWorldMainStreetReleases.php

bgraham34

My last trip I was so close to getting the Main Street Confectionery piece. But I just can't recall why we decided not to get it.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
My last trip I was so close to getting the Main Street Confectionery piece. But I just can't recall why we decided not to get it.

moneyguy.jpg

DisneyDavO

Department 56 also has a line of "train platform" houses that are christmas and Disney themed. You can find them at Department stores like Macys and Boscovs.

DisneyDude10

Original Poster
So what about the mini's that are currently sold out? how often do the pieces get reproduced? For example Cinderella castle is sold out, so when can we expect it to be back on the market?

joe80x86

Department 56 used to have a park line, but it has been discontinued for a few years now. We have a couple of the buildings and they are really gorgeous. You could check on ebay though, the last time I looked their were alot listed. Of course they were rather pricey.

adamboyd

Robert Olszewski Cinderella Castle

I have one of these Cinderella Castles for sale in mint condition. It was actually a first edition and was signed by Olszewski himself. It has been well maintained and properly stored for the last few years. It also comes with a certificate of authenticity. I'm looking for around $1000 because I've seen the exact same one go for over $1300. Obviously it is more because it's a first edition and signed by the artist, and his stuff is always going up...so this could be a good investment for anyone. This could be worth thousands years down the road. Let me know if anyone is interested, you can email me or let me know on this forum. Thanks for reading

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom