Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

dreamfinder

Ok so my math was very off its a beer every 400m, not 200m, which makes it slightly less ridiculous...
The guy below holds the "world record" in this event, coming in at 4:57.Skip 2 minutes into the video to see him do it, no one needs to hear how he trained for this..

I still give him credit for that. A Sub 5 mile is pretty damn impressive, and pounding 48 oz of anything mid run takes skill (don't even think I drink that much fluid on a half), never mind beer and at that pace.

LindsayLoves

Just an FYI the link is now live for anyone who wants to update their proof of time for the marathon. It also allows you to see what they are predicting as your estimated finish time.

http://trackshack.com/disneysports/proof/ds/proof.php

Can anyone please tell me what they see when they log in to do this? It has my name, "current unverified anticipated finish time 3:43", and then all the boxes below are empty with the exception of what I emailed them (name of race, date, location, and finish time) all jammed into the name of the race box. I don't like the use of the word unverified.

Ariel484

Thanks for posting the link, @LindsayLoves.
Can anyone please tell me what they see when they log in to do this? It has my name, "current unverified anticipated finish time 3:43", and then all the boxes below are empty with the exception of what I emailed them (name of race, date, location, and finish time) all jammed into the name of the race box. I don't like the use of the word unverified.
My name, "current unverified anticipated finish time 4:28," race info jammed into the Race Name box like so: "Cleveland 10-miler, 10 miles, Cleveland, OH, 4/26/14 1:35:16 [verif-dap]"

Then the date pull-downs say 1-1-2013 and the Race Finish time pull-downs say 7 hours. o_O The other boxes are empty.

I think everyone's times are going to say "unverified" until October 10, the cut-off date. I could see them not starting to really check things at all until that date passes so that they wouldn't be checking and re-checking people that submit new times. It does make me nervous...definitely still not a perfect system. I sent my most recent time to them about a month ago and they wrote back to me so I feel okay about it, but now I'm wondering if I should correct the boxes that I mentioned above or just leave it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, I am NOT impressed by the flight options for my dates! Flying is getting so freaking expensive. There's a flight on Frontier down to MCO that looks perfect (both time and price) but Frontier gets such bad reviews that I'm really hesitant to pull the trigger. Plus, I'd need to add in at least $40 for a carry-on bag (yes, they charge for carry-ons) and whatever bag I check. And it's one of 3 Frontier flights from CLE that day - the one I am looking at is direct and the other two connect in DENVER. :jawdrop: So if my flight gets canceled or something they'd stick me on a flight going to Denver?! Hmmm....

atrus79

In my case, all of the boxes other than the first were blank ... the first box was just the line I put in during registration ... all in one line. What concerns me, is that anyone who put that in at registration and doesn't know about the update link is that it shows as 'no time submitted'. I filled out the fields as applicable and then hit submit and when I 'updated' the information, it provided me my estimated time of completion ... which would be what I expected ... if I wasn't stopping for character pics ;)

On another note, there was a field for 'results' link ... that is a great idea I think.

atrus79

In other news, I am NOT impressed by the flight options for my dates! Flying is getting so freaking expensive. There's a flight on Frontier down to MCO that looks perfect (both time and price) but Frontier gets such bad reviews that I'm really hesitant to pull the trigger. Plus, I'd need to add in at least $40 for a carry-on bag (yes, they charge for carry-ons) and whatever bag I check. And it's one of 3 Frontier flights from CLE that day - the one I am looking at is direct and the other two connect in DENVER. :jawdrop: So if my flight gets canceled or something they'd stick me on a flight going to Denver?! Hmmm....

Not sure if they are available in your area ... but Frontier Airlines has some great prices. Our tickets to FL (from Trenton, NJ) were only $84 dollars and return were $94. You have to pay $20 bucks for a checked bag, but still, $104 and $114 are a steal now a days. :)

Mad Stitch

What are you flying for W&D? I'm on a Frontier flight Thursday morning. I don't like that they charge for carry-ons but it's still cheaper than the other options, which aren't many since we lost the Continental/United hub.

Ariel484

Not sure if they are available in your area ... but Frontier Airlines has some great prices. Our tickets to FL (from Trenton, NJ) were only $84 dollars and return were $94. You have to pay $20 bucks for a checked bag, but still, $104 and $114 are a steal now a days. :)
They just started at my airport...there's a flight that is at a perfect time (lands in Orlando just before 9AM) for $92 (plus fees for carry-on and checked bags), but I've never flown them before and I'm nervous! Have you flown Frontier before?

Ariel484

What are you flying for W&D? I'm on a Frontier flight Thursday morning. I don't like that they charge for carry-ons but it's still cheaper than the other options, which aren't many since we lost the Continental/United hub.
Southwest out of CAK. Can't do CAK this time because my husband will be coming right from work so the timing won't work for him. The Frontier flight I'm looking at for January is super tempting...

atrus79

They just started at my airport...there's a flight that is at a perfect time (lands in Orlando just before 9AM) for $92 (plus fees for carry-on and checked bags), but I've never flown them before and I'm nervous! Have you flown Frontier before?

Not only have I flown them before ... I have flights scheduled for Spetember (Disney Cruise) and January for the race with them. Smaller airline so it's really no hassle. Mind you its no frills either, but if it gets the job done and costs me less I'm down with it :)

Mad Stitch

Southwest out of CAK. Can't do CAK this time because my husband will be coming right from work so the timing won't work for him. The Frontier flight I'm looking at for January is super tempting...

Ah. I'm so close to CLE that any money saved by flying out of CAK would be lost to parking and gas, on top of the additional time out of my day it would take to get to and from there.

Ariel484

Not only have I flown them before ... I have flights scheduled for Spetember (Disney Cruise) and January for the race with them. Smaller airline so it's really no hassle. Mind you its no frills either, but if it gets the job done and costs me less I'm down with it :)
Thanks for your opinion...I ended up going with something else but I'll definitely keep Frontier in mind for the future. :)
Ah. I'm so close to CLE that any money saved by flying out of CAK would be lost to parking and gas, on top of the additional time out of my day it would take to get to and from there.
Ah. We like to fly Southwest and the only fly direct to Orlando from CAK, not CLE. So it normally ends up saving us a decent amount of time to drive to CAK. It's not ideal though.

Ariel484

Well, I'm halfway there - a RT ticket I'd been looking at on United dropped down $90 so I went ahead and grabbed that. Direct flights at good times. :)

Now I need their 1-way fares to drop. My husband will fly down a couple of days after I do but I want us to fly back on the same flight, and the 1-way ticket for that flight is listed at $450! :eek: Soooooo I need that to drop down a LOT. That's way more than I just paid for the RT ticket, and I've booked this same flight before as a 1-way ticket for more in the $130-$150 range. I was stunned to see that price.

FerretAfros

I'm taking Frontier for W&D. I've flown with them before, but it was before the implemented the new rules, so I'll be interested to see how it works. Even with baggage fees, it's still way cheaper than anything else I've found, since I bought it during a sale for new routes

That said, it's a new route that they haven't done before (IAD to MCO) and there's only one flight daily. The timing is perfect for me, but part of me is worried what might happen if I run into a delay or cancellation
Now I need their 1-way fares to drop. My husband will fly down a couple of days after I do but I want us to fly back on the same flight, and the 1-way ticket for that flight is listed at $450! :eek: Soooooo I need that to drop down a LOT. That's way more than I just paid for the RT ticket, and I've booked this same flight before as a 1-way ticket for more in the $130-$150 range. I was stunned to see that price.
That's a crazy price! If it doesn't go down, you might want to consider searching for a roundtrip ticket original from MCO, and using the first leg of that trip for your return flight (and just don't show up for the return of that 'trip'). For some reason, it's occasionally cheaper to book a round-trip than one-way

Ariel484

That's a crazy price! If it doesn't go down, you might want to consider searching for a roundtrip ticket original from MCO, and using the first leg of that trip for your return flight (and just don't show up for the return of that 'trip'). For some reason, it's occasionally cheaper to book a round-trip than one-way
I KNOW. :rolleyes: Luckily I can see the seat chart so I know there are still plenty of seats left. I think I'll wait awhile before I do anything but the thought of just booking the RT did occur to me. It would still be way more than we want to pay.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I "corrected" my proof of time by filling in the boxes and pull-downs accordingly like @LindsayLoves mentioned earlier. Didn't change the time I was submitting...but it did ADD 3 minutes to my anticipated finish time. :mad: From 4:28 to 4:31. So if 4:30 is the difference between 2 corrals I may have just set myself back one. Oh well.

LindsayLoves

I "corrected" my proof of time by filling in the boxes and pull-downs accordingly like @LindsayLoves mentioned earlier. Didn't change the time I was submitting...but it did ADD 3 minutes to my anticipated finish time. :mad: From 4:28 to 4:31. So if 4:30 is the difference between 2 corrals I may have just set myself back one. Oh well.

I "corrected" my time as well by entering all the info and it put me back from 3:43 to 3:49. Annoyed? Yes, a little bit, but I need to remind myself that I am not trying to PR and to go with the flow. Totally messing around with it I entered a 10 mile time of 1:20 (which is what I am hoping for in my 10 mile race in September, which is 4 seconds a mile faster than my half time) and it dropped me down to 3:47. Yes, its a faster time but a shorter distance, I feel it would be more weighted towards half and full finish times.

Ariel484

I "corrected" my time as well by entering all the info and it put me back from 3:43 to 3:49. Annoyed? Yes, a little bit, but I need to remind myself that I am not trying to PR and to go with the flow. Totally messing around with it I entered a 10 mile time of 1:20 (which is what I am hoping for in my 10 mile race in September, which is 4 seconds a mile faster than my half time) and it dropped me down to 3:47. Yes, its a faster time but a shorter distance, I feel it would be more weighted towards half and full finish times.
Actually I was wondering if they are adding on extra time for Dopey runners, to sort of accommodate for fatigue after the other races. Would be curious to hear if anyone running the half, full or Goofy fills in the boxes and what happens to their anticipated finish time.

atrus79

Actually I was wondering if they are adding on extra time for Dopey runners, to sort of accommodate for fatigue after the other races. Would be curious to hear if anyone running the half, full or Goofy fills in the boxes and what happens to their anticipated finish time.

A few friends are running the half so I asked if I could login under their name/bday and see what happened when I changed the time. In their case, the anticipated finish changes to the exact time that they put in ... I think the Goofy would be the best case to look at to see if the times are increased comapred to Dopey.

In my personal case, I think they added too much time to the estimated completion time for the full ... more than half an hour over what 'double' my half time is. In training, I am running parallel to that per/minute mile for longer distances so the extra half hour wouldn't be needed ... although character stops are another story ;)

Ariel484

A few friends are running the half so I asked if I could login under their name/bday and see what happened when I changed the time. In their case, the anticipated finish changes to the exact time that they put in ... I think the Goofy would be the best case to look at to see if the times are increased comapred to Dopey.
Well so far it looks like the half times stay the same and the Dopey times increase...hmmmm.
In my personal case, I think they added too much time to the estimated completion time for the full ... more than half an hour over what 'double' my half time is. In training, I am running parallel to that per/minute mile for longer distances so the extra half hour wouldn't be needed ... although character stops are another story ;)
Yeah, character stops are the X factor that they never add in! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom