News Walt Disney World increases hiring bonuses as high as $1500 and Job Fair at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We used to joke about flying to Vegas on profit sharing day and putting it all on black at a roulette wheel. 😂 We'd either fly home that day with no less money than we had the day before, or come back with a huge wad of 100's in our pockets.
You’re saying you can’t lose at gambling?

…how has word of this not gotten out? 🤔

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
You’re saying you can’t lose at gambling?

…how has word of this not gotten out? 🤔
Heh. My point was - You'd have ### dollars on the day before Profit Sharing Day. If you bet your PS check at the roulette table, you'd still have that same ### dollars even if you lost. You wouldn't be out anything except your profit sharing check (because we also flew standby for free). :) I guess you also had to be disciplined enough to not hit any ATM or bring any additional cash with you, so you weren't tempted to hit the tables.

Insider tip - Always bet against the Vikings if they are playing a backup QB. ;)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Heh. My point was - You'd have ### dollars on the day before Profit Sharing Day. If you bet your PS check at the roulette table, you'd still have that same ### dollars even if you lost. You wouldn't be out anything except your profit sharing check (because we also flew standby for free). :) I guess you also had to be disciplined enough to not hit any ATM or bring any additional cash with you, so you weren't tempted to hit the tables.

Insider tip - Always bet against the Vikings if they are playing a backup QB. ;)
Oh…so you’d totally lose in a fleeting moment and hate yourself when you wake up?

ok…god bless America! 🇺🇸

ps…how about the Vikings with the starting QB? I need the W tonight to preserve my fleeting interest in the rest of the season…

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Oh…so you’d totally lose in a fleeting moment and hate yourself when you wake up?

ok…god bless America! 🇺🇸

ps…how about the Vikings with the starting QB? I need the W tonight to preserve my fleeting interest in the rest of the season…
As long as you didn't bring any extra money with, not a lot to hate. 😂 But I was never one to drop a big bet like that. I'd prefer to put, say, half, on black and then hit the bar with the rest. :) Or just forgo roulette entirely and find a good blackjack table to set up shop at for 6-8 hours.

Hmmm... Tonight is a toss-up. I'd err on the side of caution and say... they'll lose. Knowing this team, though, they'll put up 45 and knock Big Ben out in the 3rd quarter.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As long as you didn't bring any extra money with, not a lot to hate. 😂 But I was never one to drop a big bet like that. I'd prefer to put, say, half, on black and then hit the bar with the rest. :) Or just forgo roulette entirely and find a good blackjack table to set up shop at for 6-8 hours.

Hmmm... Tonight is a toss-up. I'd err on the side of caution and say... they'll lose. Knowing this team, though, they'll put up 45 and knock Big Ben out in the 3rd quarter.
By all accounts…the Stillers should have a wave of momentum and Minnesota is in complete disarray…

so I’d say like 28-13 Vikings

Elfinko

As one of my former custodial cast member coworkers used to say, it depends on the type of pixie dust.

Honestly the sad part is people who have been with the company for 10+ years have seen their pay raises essentially disappear as the minimum wage has risen. It's kind of hard to stay loyal when someone brand new is making the same wage as someone with 10 years of seniority. This isn't to say WDW shouldn't pay a living wage but that long term cast with years of seniority should be making much more than the base rate. Unfortunately this is an on going issue in many fields, not just at WDW. Everything from Teachers to EMT's are seeing their loyalty and past pay raises disappear as the minimum wage rises which is making people rethink their careers.

Where I work, base pay for existing workers was increased to offset the increased starting pay of new workers. Should be working like that everywhere, but I'm not surprised it's not.

Ayla

Lucky you. DH's profit-sharing is automatically deposited into his 401k.

Ayla

Where I work, base pay for existing workers was increased to offset the increased starting pay of new workers. Should be working like that everywhere, but I'm not surprised it's not.
Same at DH's company. They also offered a huge sign on bonus ($5000+ since 2020 and 2021 have been record years for the company), a larger shift differential and a $2500 bonus to both an existing employee AND the new employee for a new employee referral. Not surprisingly, manufacturing is now fully staffed.

Lilofan

If that's the case in WDW for someone in custodial that wants to make more money , apply to be a bus driver which pays a higher hourly rate and much more responsibility that goes with it.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Lucky you. DH's profit-sharing is automatically deposited into his 401k.
To be fair, this was 7-8 years ago. They always cut a separate check because people had the option to funnel some or all of their profit sharing into their 401k. I never took it, because it was a bonus and we wanted to use it. Probably not the greatest long-term idea, but what's done is done.

Lilofan

Wow…what a refreshing rephrase of 21 Stamps “get a better job” mantra…

it’s always the worker who’s holding the worker back in the coal mine, eh?
Yea just complain to the masses and push for that $15 per hour yadda yadda doing the same job. If you want to make more income, work hard and apply for promotions. What a novel concept - moving up the food chain through promotions , earning more along with more responsibility.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yea just complain to the masses and push for that $15 per hour yadda yadda doing the same job. If you want to make more income, work hard and apply for promotions. What a novel concept - moving up the food chain through promotions , earning more along with more responsibility.
None of the “old” political ideas have worked…that goes both ways.

but here’s the problem with wdw: they need a certain level of staff…you can’t get closer to the “bone” than bare.

so how’s this gonna he solved? Tell people to “suck it up and work” so you can “experience boo bash”??

…I’ll never crap on the staff…I had too good of an upbringing for that…but it is a compromise to solve this issue.

its usually one sided…I’m glad it’s not here.

I personally don’t tell people to “drive a bus” with 50 strangers moving at high speeds and think I don’t sound like a twit.

opinions vary.

DCBaker

Premium Member
There are 2 new culinary postings today that have a 3k hiring bonus -

Elfinko

If that's the case in WDW for someone in custodial that wants to make more money , apply to be a bus driver which pays a higher hourly rate and much more responsibility that goes with it.
Why would they do that when they have the leverage to make WDW pay more, or the managers can have fun and go clean the ters.

DCBaker

Premium Member
There are 2 new culinary postings today that have a 3k hiring bonus -

Now with an additional 3k if you reside 50 miles outside the Walt Disney World Resort area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom