News Walt Disney World holidays 2021

aladdin2007

I'm guessing the music loops are now on and playing as well?....and is the Magic Kingdom's loop the same since day 1 or how much has it changed? Was just wondering for fun.

UNCgolf

Why is the water in Echo Lake so low?

Maybe it's always that low, but it looks like it's at least a few inches lower than it should be considering the visible base on Gertie and how much empty "shore" there is between the water level and the landscaping.

MagicHappens1971

Why is the water in Echo Lake so low?

Maybe it's always that low, but it looks like it's at least a few inches lower than it should be considering the visible base on Gertie and how much empty "shore" there is between the water level and the landscaping.
It does seem slightly lower than normal. I’d assume it would have to do with the installation of the holiday decor but I’ve never paid attention in years prior so I couldn’t say one way or the other

nickys

Premium Member
Just watched a DFB episode and they said resort hopping is still not allowed - you can only go in if you are a guest there or have a dining reservation.

If you try to drive up to some resorts, you may be turned away.

If you arrive on foot or using Disney transportation - buses, boats, skyliner - then no one will check where you are staying or whether you have an ADR.

If that DFB episode suggests otherwise they are incorrect.

nickys

Premium Member
Just watched a DFB episode and they said resort hopping is still not allowed - you can only go in if you are a guest there or have a dining reservation.

I just watched that episode to check.

Although she did indeed say that resort hopping is still not back, she followed that up with “for example, if you drive your car to the Boardwalk Inn, they will stop you and ask for your ADR”.

She then rambled on about if you want to go to a particular lounge then maybe stay at that resort. What she missed out was “how about taking the bus or boat to that resort instead, or walking there from Epcot”.

cslafferty

Ok thanks. Just wondered if they had cast members standing at the entrances asking. I wondered why they were going to the trouble of the gingerbread displays if only resort guests could see them.

Monorail_Red_77

Just to state again. While drive-in resort hopping is not allowed currently. You can resort hop via WDW Transport options. I have done this all year, including as recently as Oct 24. I also, will be doing this next weekend. While it does make your hopping take a bit longer, it is still a fun way to hop around and use different modes of transportation. Here's an example of my last hop. This trip was to get some of the 50th anniversary pressed pennies as well as the new 50th anniversary medallions. I did not enter any theme parks, just used their bus stations as a hopping point. Also, I had 3 kids in tow and.... no stroller. We all walked 5.9 miles. Had meals at various resorts. Resort hopping is a fun way to spend the day.

I'm an AP so I parked at TTC.
Here's my approximate travel plan.

Monorail from TTC to Poly.
Monorail from Poly to Contemp
Bus from Contemp to Disney Springs
Bus from Disney Springs to Port Orleans - Riverside
Bus from Port Orleans - Riverside to Hollywood Studios
Skyliner from Hollywood Studios to Pop Century
Bus from Pop Century to Animal Kingdom
Bus from Animal Kingdom to All-Star Music
Walk from All-Star Music to All-Star Movies
Bus from All-Star Movies to Epcot
Monorail from Epcot to TTC

I arrived on property at about 1:30pm and exited property around 9:30pm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom