Walt Disney World expansion in 2006/2007 ?

NADisney

Original Poster
Soon the Disney-MGM Studios will be expanding .Some cast members all ready new about this and was told to hush about the new development.In 2006/2007 ,a new area across from World Drive,will open with a few new attractions and shows linked by a walkway or tram.Also the Monorail will be connected from Epcot to the Studios and has been on the drawing boards for years-but with no financing at the moment to expand.This is all I have for the moment from a freind of mine at Imagineering in Glendale ( he just completed work on Mission : Space).So this could be just hear say from him.

imagineersrock

though i dont know any kind of a time frame, i do however know of the mgm expansion on the other side of world drive rumor, its been around for a while actually

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Fievel
And a walkway over world drive? Yeah...that wouldn't get crowded or anything.

Actually, that is in the long-term plans for MGM--either a bridge over or a tunnel under World Dr. You could always, you know, make it wide...and theme it so you don't even know it's a bridge, like the one in Downtown Disney over Disneyland Dr. at the Disneyland Resort--you can barely notice you are passing over the road (you would have to jump in the bushes to see anything). The only problem is it would be a long walkway--longer than Sunset Boulevard...so it would need more than just soda carts. But, provided the walkway were as wide as Hollywood Blvd, for example, congestion wouldn't be a problem...

Main Street USA

Originally posted by DogsRule!
Actually, that is in the long-term plans for MGM--either a bridge over or a tunnel under World Dr. You could always, you know, make it wide...and theme it so you don't even know it's a bridge, like the one in Downtown Disney over Disneyland Dr. at the Disneyland Resort--you can barely notice you are passing over the road (you would have to jump in the bushes to see anything). The only problem is it would be a long walkway--longer than Sunset Boulevard...so it would need more than just soda carts. But, provided the walkway were as wide as Hollywood Blvd, for example, congestion wouldn't be a problem...

As wierd as that would be, I do remember hearing, from more than one source, that they've purposefully left the land on the other side of world drive untouched for Studios expansion. Interesting to think about at the very least.

Invero

That's not exactly a light walk... you're not just crossing World Drive, but you also have to walk through a lot of Backstage. The overall distance would be the equivilent of walking from the turnstiles to the very back of the parking lot... Not exactly a hop, skip and a jump away.

Now, something about the Studios that I have heard will be happening by 2005 or so... something that is very much needed... an Auxilliary EXIT onto Victory Way. The main exit is too clogged with everyone trying to exit... most of the cars are trying to get to 192, Osceola Parkway, World Drive, or I4... Victory Way provides much easier access than Buena Vista Drive... It never was created before, because Victory Way is relatively new, and the Studios wasnt thought to have the traffic it would. Won't be happening soon soon, but within the next few years.

Katherine

I think this sounds like a really neat idea, but in the wake of economics today I don't know if we'll see this happening on schedule. We'll all just have to see if things take a turn for the better or the worse this year. If they can stabilize again and gain some income back I don't see why this can't happen!:sohappy:

CAPTAIN HOOK

Either Gemini or MGM expansion - it doesn't really matter BUT Disney needs something sooner rather than later or else Universal (Studios and IOA) will permanently take too much business away.

dreamer

Originally posted by NADisney
Please don't shoot the messinger,I just wrote what I was told,thats all.

Shoot you!!? Are you kidding? This is the best rumor we've had around here for a while. It's been just "hours cut back" and "hours extended." And then "hours cut back" again.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by disneyphilip
Project Gemini ISN'T happening.

The rumors about Future World drastically changing are false.

The complete change will not happen (too expensive) but some of it certainly will--Time Racer already has a sponsor (Microsoft) and Soarin' will obviously make its debut at wdw within the next five years, and they could easily find a sponsor to that sure-hit attraction. Obviously, with those two projects along with Everest, any change at MGM is a ways off. Yes, it is a long walk across World Drive, but they could install one of those moving sidewalks along with perhaps some overhead shuttles (I could see this happening more than a monorail expansion, as this would not be NEARLY as expensive). It's doable, but not really necessary at this point--the current mass of land still has room for expansion.

imagineersrock

Originally posted by disneyphilip
Project Gemini ISN'T happening.

The rumors about Future World drastically changing are false.

why would you say that?? i mean, look at the place; it is obvious that there needs to be drastic change -now wether its called project gemini or project squiggledish is beyond me, but i can almost guarantee SOMETHING will be happening to epcot

Well im liking this rumor. MGM (disney studios) does need a little help. It doesnt need as much help as epcot but this new expantion would be awesome. It is a big walk but across world drive but a expansion is great. I would love this. I think some new rides would be great.

WDWfreak89

Originally posted by Main Street USA
Well, we've been over the monorail thing a thousand times, and it ISN'T happening.

I know its a lot of money to expand all over disney world but how much can it cost for mgm because its not far away from epcot.

WDW1971

Originally posted by Katherine
I think this sounds like a really neat idea, but in the wake of economics today I don't know if we'll see this happening on schedule. We'll all just have to see if things take a turn for the better or the worse this year. If they can stabilize again and gain some income back I don't see why this can't happen!:sohappy:

The economy will turn around. Maybe not in the next year, but it will. We're in a cyclical downturn. Most people wise to economics knew this was coming a long time ago.

The economy will strengthen. We'll blame Bush and credit whatever Democrat gets elected for blaming Bush.

Anyhow, expansion will happen at Disney. And I can see the Monorail expansion happening one day. Do I know this because I have connections? No. I know this because it's how American companies work. When the economy starts expanding more in the near future, people will have more money to spend. Disney will want more of that money. And they'll spend it.

Of course I could be mistaken and the end of the world is here.

You never know!

Merlin0402

I can't believe that this post is even getting attention. This person can't spell and has awful grammar and sentence structure. This usually means that the person is either a little kid or an idiot. Either way, why would you believe them? Do you HONESTLY see this happening any time soon?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom