News Walt Disney World casting for performers to play Asha from the upcoming animated musical 'Wish'

osian

"She cares about the people of Rosas and is proud to live in the Kingdom of Wishes"

I guess we know what the next World Showcase country will be then.

drnilescrane

Is this expected to do well in theaters?

It's performing decently on tracking (high awareness and intent to watch) and the company clearly believes in it (unlike Strange World and Lightyear). But this is also 2023 - who knows what a post Elemental animated release looks like.

I'd also not expect another WDAS release until Thanksgiving 2025.

TheMaxRebo

Who? I say that facetiously. Great. You get to meet a character that no one knows who she is because the movie hasn't yet been released.

They did this for the Frozen characters and that worked out pretty well

I like this - good promotion for the movie. Glad to see they are pushing it more and trying different things to build up excitement to see the movie - things like this, releasing a new song each week, etc.

kevlightyear

Do the performers get to see a screening of the movie or are they just going off the trailers and maybe a basic script/outline given to them by entertainment?

mightynine

I always tell my friends and family to meet me at the World Showcase Friendship Ambassador Gazebo. So many great memories of our times at the World Showcase Friendship Ambassador Gazebo.

osian

Wishistan?
Y'know, I was only being facetious, sarcastic or whatever, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility or what they could try and do.

We already have a fictional country represented as a major attraction in a World Showcase pavilion, because it's "similar to" the pavilion it's been put in. Apparently, the Kingdom of Rosas is located "off the Iberian pensinsula", which could be construed as Morocco, so is likely to be similar. Hence there is now a use for the recently deceased Morocco pavilion. It's just the next step to make an entire World Showcase pavilion a fictional country, like we have an entire World Discovery pavilion dedicated to a fictional world.

Horrific isn't it?

Drdcm

Y'know, I was only being facetious, sarcastic or whatever, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility or what they could try and do.

We already have a fictional country represented as a major attraction in a World Showcase pavilion, because it's "similar to" the pavilion it's been put in. Apparently, the Kingdom of Rosas is located "off the Iberian pensinsula", which could be construed as Morocco, so is likely to be similar. Hence there is now a use for the recently deceased Morocco pavilion. It's just the next step to make an entire World Showcase pavilion a fictional country, like we have an entire World Discovery pavilion dedicated to a fictional world.

Horrific isn't it?
Real countries are overrated. Too many potential controversies 😉

brb1006

Who? I say that facetiously. Great. You get to meet a character that no one knows who she is because the movie hasn't yet been released.
This isn't a new thing. There was a time when Disney Characters from upcoming Animated Films were meetable at the Disney Parks prior to hitting theaters. The 1980s and 1990s era of the Disney Theme Parks comes to mind.

brb1006

They did this for the Frozen characters and that worked out pretty well

I like this - good promotion for the movie. Glad to see they are pushing it more and trying different things to build up excitement to see the movie - things like this, releasing a new song each week, etc.
Heck, Olaf hosted the original incarnation of "World of Color Winter Dreams" weeks before Frozen hit theaters. Alongside including "Let It Go" before it became huge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom