Walt Disney World Cast compliment feature comes to My Disney Experience

JohnD

Agree with everyone above, this feature is useless if you cannot put the cast member's name in it
Then let them know. Click on “App Feedback” instead which does have a “description” field, BTW.

DAFBFB1C-DBE7-4B92-A06F-42C7333A0FD5.png

nickys

Premium Member
Which accomplishes nothing for the individual CM who did something above and beyond that warranted recognition and just allows the company to say "hey, everything is going great here."

Please, folks, compliment the Cast Member specifically even if it means taking a little extra time to do it the effective way. It matters. They made the effort and it's worth it in return.
I know a lot of people use GuestServices@disneyworld.com and use the CMs name, location etc.

Do you know if there’s a better way than that generic email address for compliments?

MarvelCharacterNerd

I know a lot of people use GuestServices@disneyworld.com and use the CMs name, location etc.

Do you know if there’s a better way than that generic email address for compliments?
I literally wait in line at City Hall or equivalent guest services location to leave compliments usually (I take notes on my phone of the cm's name and location and time of magic-making to help leave specific details for the compliment when I can). Though recently I had such a terrific waiter at a character meal that at the end of the meal, I asked to see his lead and gave my praise directly that way.

But I believe you can also leave a tweet/message on the parks' social media accounts with the hashtag #castcompliment and leave the details that way, too.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I literally wait in line at City Hall or equivalent guest services location to leave compliments usually (I take notes on my phone of the cm's name and location and time of magic-making to help leave specific details for the compliment when I can). Though recently I had such a terrific waiter at a character meal that at the end of the meal, I asked to see his lead and gave my praise directly that way.

But I believe you can also leave a tweet/message on the parks' social media accounts with the hashtag #castcompliment and leave the details that way, too.
The Twitter handle is @CastCompliment.

Chomama

I had an amazing cast experience this weekend and wanted to let leadership know. I forgot as we left the park and tried on the app. Useless as I can’t add the attraction or the cast member name. I am already home. Any suggestions? Thanks!

RoadiJeff

I had an amazing cast experience this weekend and wanted to let leadership know. I forgot as we left the park and tried on the app. Useless as I can’t add the attraction or the cast member name. I am already home. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Sometimes if you leave a review (google, yelp) about a place and mention the cast member by name I've heard it gets them noticed.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Write an email. It will get the job done.

NelleBelle

Love this! We went out of way to make sure that we left a compliment for a bus driver that saw us waiting at the CR after our late dinner at CG. We were going to take a bus back to Epcot and walk through the park back to YC. He pulled up and asked where we where headed and told him our plan. He asked if we just wanted to go to the resort and drive us directly there!
It will be so much easier to compliment more CM (and hopefully h to my get them) using this feature!

MarvelCharacterNerd

Love this! We went out of way to make sure that we left a compliment for a bus driver that saw us waiting at the CR after our late dinner at CG. We were going to take a bus back to Epcot and walk through the park back to YC. He pulled up and asked where we where headed and told him our plan. He asked if we just wanted to go to the resort and drive us directly there!
It will be so much easier to compliment more CM (and hopefully h to my get them) using this feature!
My first time at WDW, I had a totally opposite experience with a bus driver. I was so new to the system since I'd never been before and was at a resort hotel late one night that wasn't where I was staying. I knew enough to know I couldn't get directly back to my hotel by bus, so I went to a bus stop and saw the only bus there - it had a sign for one of the parks, I started to get on it, figuring I could get back to my hotel from the park.

The bus driver tried to discourage me from climbing aboard - said "no no no I'm done" and shook his hands at me to shoo me away. I was tired and I didn't want to sleep at the bus stop and he wouldn't tell me anything besides "no" even when I said something to the effect of I was trying to get back to my hotel. So when he said nothing else, I just sat down in one of the front seats and he shrugged and crossed his arms and wouldn't do anything.

I started getting worried when he wouldn't tell me anything about how to get anywhere and he wouldn't move the bus. So I finally got out (and then he immediately drove off) and wandered around the hotel in the dark till I found a person - not even cast I think - and I all but begged asking "how can I get back to my hotel? The bus won't take me anywhere!" The person explained once the parks closed, the buses didn't go back to them and that I had to find a bus going to Downtown Disney (at the time) and then take a hotel bus from there. I was exhausted and grateful that a random stranger had helped (southern hospitality!) and seriously ed off that that cast member bus driver hadn't simply told me the same thing, just "no I'm done! no I'm done!" and then refusing to tell me anything else. (To be fair, i don't think English was his first language, but I would think he could have said more to a tourist standing there alone in the dark with no idea how to get back to their hotel.)

NelleBelle

My first time at WDW, I had a totally opposite experience with a bus driver. I was so new to the system since I'd never been before and was at a resort hotel late one night that wasn't where I was staying. I knew enough to know I couldn't get directly back to my hotel by bus, so I went to a bus stop and saw the only bus there - it had a sign for one of the parks, I started to get on it, figuring I could get back to my hotel from the park.

The bus driver tried to discourage me from climbing aboard - said "no no no I'm done" and shook his hands at me to shoo me away. I was tired and I didn't want to sleep at the bus stop and he wouldn't tell me anything besides "no" even when I said something to the effect of I was trying to get back to my hotel. So when he said nothing else, I just sat down in one of the front seats and he shrugged and crossed his arms and wouldn't do anything.

I started getting worried when he wouldn't tell me anything about how to get anywhere and he wouldn't move the bus. So I finally got out (and then he immediately drove off) and wandered around the hotel in the dark till I found a person - not even cast I think - and I all but begged asking "how can I get back to my hotel? The bus won't take me anywhere!" The person explained once the parks closed, the buses didn't go back to them and that I had to find a bus going to Downtown Disney (at the time) and then take a hotel bus from there. I was exhausted and grateful that a random stranger had helped (southern hospitality!) and seriously ****ed off that that cast member bus driver hadn't simply told me the same thing, just "no I'm done! no I'm done!" and then refusing to tell me anything else. (To be fair, i don't think English was his first language, but I would think he could have said more to a tourist standing there alone in the dark with no idea how to get back to their hotel.)
Maybe he was the same bus driver we had coming back from the MK one afternoon last April (half joking). We waited about 30 minutes for a bus to pull up for YC. We all climb on and wait for everyone else to board. Once everyone is onboard, the driver said he was just waiting for his relief driver. We waited and waited and watched the bus driver actually start to get mad and blow up. Someone actually had the nerve to ask him what would happen if he didn’t show up; the driver actually said we would have to wait for ANOTHER BUS!! That set the entire bus off. So after waiting a good 40 minutes (on top of the 30 we initially waited) the driver slammed his backpack into the locked cabinet and finally got us underway to the YC!! It was SO awkward and silent on the ride back😬

JohnD

I started getting worried when he wouldn't tell me anything about how to get anywhere and he wouldn't move the bus. So I finally got out (and then he immediately drove off) and wandered around the hotel in the dark till I found a person - not even cast I think - and I all but begged asking "how can I get back to my hotel? The bus won't take me anywhere!" The person explained once the parks closed, the buses didn't go back to them and that I had to find a bus going to Downtown Disney (at the time) and then take a hotel bus from there. I was exhausted and grateful that a random stranger had helped (southern hospitality!) and seriously ****ed off that that cast member bus driver hadn't simply told me the same thing, just "no I'm done! no I'm done!" and then refusing to tell me anything else. (To be fair, i don't think English was his first language, but I would think he could have said more to a tourist standing there alone in the dark with no idea how to get back to their hotel.)

Being that late, the bus driver could have driven you directly where you needed then taken the bus back to dispatch or wherever. One morning, I got up real early because I had a breakfast ADR at Poly and was staying at a value. So I went to the bus depot expecting to catch a bus to MK then having to boat or monorail over to Poly. I boarded the MK bus when it arrived. It was so early and no one else boarded that the bus driver drove me direct to Poly!

MarvelCharacterNerd

Being that late, the bus driver could have driven you directly where you needed then taken the bus back to dispatch or wherever. One morning, I got up real early because I had a breakfast ADR at Poly and was staying at a value. So I went to the bus depot expecting to catch a bus to MK then having to boat or monorail over to Poly. I boarded the MK bus when it arrived. It was so early and no one else boarded that the bus driver drove me direct to Poly!
Could have. But he simply refused to do anything until I got off the bus - and then he took off and left me alone in the dark with no idea how to get back to my hotel.

Thankfully, Random Stranger told me what to do.

#notmagicalbusdriver

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom