Walt Disney World adds princess dinner at Cinderella Castle

Next Big Thing

Original Poster
Beginning this week, Walt Disney World guests have another opportunity to dine with their favorite princesses. Dinner at Cinderella’s Royal Table, which is located in Cinderella Castle in the Magic Kingdom, has become Fairytale Dining. Previously, evening diners were greeted by members of Cinderella’s royal family, including the Fairy Godmother and her mice.

Now, guests usually can expect to see Snow White, Jasmine, Aurora and Belle during breakfast, lunch and dinner. The royal beauties stop by each table to chat, pose for photos and sign autographs. In addition, guests greet Cinderella in the castle lobby, where a PhotoPass photographer documents the fun. A photo package, which is included in the price of the meal, is given to each family by the end of the meal.

Be aware that there is no guarantee which princesses will circulate in the restaurant. This is an important footnote for my family because my children certainly have their favorite characters. When we have visited Cinderella’s Royal Table, we explain to them that other than Cinderella, we don’t know for sure who will greet us. (Ariel typically does not appear at the castle; Norway’s Princess Storybook breakfasts, lunches or dinners at Epcot are her only venues.)

Visiting Cinderella’s Royal Table for lunch has been a birthday tradition at our house for years. Of course, my daughter is thrilled to see her aristocratic friends, but my son is fascinated by being inside the castle. He enjoys seeing all the nooks and crannies, and the view of Fantasyland is beautiful. It is a special treat, though, because it isn’t inexpensive. Breakfast is $49.65 for adults and $32.22 for children ages 3 to 9; lunch is $53.38 for adults and $33.46 for children ages 3 to 9; and dinner is $59.61 for adults and $35.95 for children ages 3 to 9.

In my experience, reservations for Cinderella’s Royal Table have filled up very quickly in the past. I have called when the reservation lines open in the morning exactly 180 days ahead of the desired date and still been on hold for an hour, only to find certain times filled. Hopefully, adding another daily seating will ease the scheduling crunch, making more little princesses — and their fairy godmothers — happy.
http://thedailydisney.com/blog/2010/02/walt-disney-world-adds-princess-dinner-at-cinderella-castle/

radiohost

I don't like this...

Don't we have at least two other restaurants that are exactly like this?!?!?!

Seems like this takes away from the Cinderella Theme....

Next Big Thing

Original Poster
I don't like this...

Don't we have at least two other restaurants that are exactly like this?!?!?!

Seems like this takes away from the Cinderella Theme....
That's what came to my mind first as well.

It does seem like the breakfast seating will still be the way it has been though, as it only mentioned lunch and dinner.

Mr.EPCOT

I'd prefer they get rid of the characters altogether and knock down the price about half so that maybe I would gain some kind of desire to eat there.

Crazy4WDW1

We used to eat lunch there all the time before it became a character meal. The Major Domo's favorite pie was my fav. We loved David, one of the waiters. He was always entertaining. I miss eating there. :(

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'd prefer they get rid of the characters altogether and knock down the price about half so that maybe I would gain some kind of desire to eat there.

I had the lunch there about 4 years ago on my children's first trip; it was a treat for my daughter more than anything else. But, once the "royalty" moved on I found the food somewhat mundane and the overall experience less than stellar for their asking price.....

Figment82

Completely agree - I despise character meals. I know most people love them, but I personally like eating my food without characters coming up behind me every 5 minutes. The Crystal Palace used to be our favorite place for breakfast before Pooh and his friends moved in...

Mr.EPCOT

Completely agree - I despise character meals. I know most people love them, but I personally like eating my food without characters coming up behind me every 5 minutes. The Crystal Palace used to be our favorite place for breakfast before Pooh and his friends moved in...

I don't have any problem with the idea, I will even enjoy one every once in a while, but there's an appropriate time and place for them, they shouldn't completely take over any restaurant 24/7. You should be able to have a classy meal at Royal Table, where if you're paying through the nose, it's for the food and the mood instead of for the 'privilege' of interacting with a giant anthropromorthic mute rat every few minutes. It's a big problem at the Contemporary, too. The Concourse is a perfect locale for a nice meal with wonderful atmosphere, but it is totally destroyed by Chef Mickey's, and totally annoys everyone staying in the Tower at same time. Why wasn't it put in The Wave location instead, where it'd be isolated and thusly could have as much fun down there as they want. Or better yet, send it back to the now half empty Downtown Disney from whence it came?

brkgnews

I don't mind character meals (though I certainly don't go out of my way to do them, I do understand their popularity); but I like the non-character option to be there. Liberty Tree was a perfect example. No characters at lunch, characters at dinner. You could pick the experience you wanted. Same way (before) with the castle. You could experience the atmosphere at lunch without the character experience AND cost ;)

Ignohippo

Please. Ask any girl if they would rather see four princesses or one princess, a couple of mice and a fairy godmother and I guarantee 99 out of 100 would much rather see the princesses. I'm shocked that there could even be a debate as to whether this is a good idea or not.

SoccerMickey

Please. Ask any girl if they would rather see four princesses or one princess, a couple of mice and a fairy godmother and I guarantee 99 out of 100 would much rather see the princesses. I'm shocked that there could even be a debate as to whether this is a good idea or not.

Not everyone that visits Walt Disney World has or is a 4-year old girl. It seems Disney is really catering to this demographic lately though.

Ignohippo

It's one restaurant for heaven's sakes IN THE CASTLE! What, do you want "Dinnertime With Stitch" in the castle? No, not everyone going to WDW has a 4 year old girl but why does everyone assume a princess experience would only appeal to a 4 year old girl!?

I have a boy and he's going to Fairy Tale Dining in a couple of weeks. He's got a crush on the princesses and is going to love every minute of it.

BTW: young girls are an enormous demographic for the park (especially now with BBB being so successful). Why wouldn't they try to cater to them?

WDW1974

I don't mind character meals (though I certainly don't go out of my way to do them, I do understand their popularity); but I like the non-character option to be there. Liberty Tree was a perfect example. No characters at lunch, characters at dinner. You could pick the experience you wanted. Same way (before) with the castle. You could experience the atmosphere at lunch without the character experience AND cost ;)

I strongly dislike character meals.

I HATE the notion that they are a vital part of a magical WDW vacation.

I wonder how we ever made it through the 1970s and 80s without them. Or lived thru the 90s when they were around but with moderation.

Disney has taken a magical location for ALL guests and turned it into an overpriced extention of their Jon-Benet Boutique. Used to be I could at least have lunch or dinner at Cindy's ... not anymore.

And LTT is fine, so long as you get out before dinner.

Don't even get me started on Crystal Palace.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
:hurl::hurl::hurl:

Enough of this, it seems like all WDW cares about is 5 year old girls. They just announce plans for an entire land dedicated to playtime with princesses, now they continue to hijack the MKs only high class option for food.

The only news we should be hearing about CRT is that they are eliminating all characters on the restaurant floor. Instead we are getting a room full of princesses for $55 a plate. Outrageous.

And this is all coming from someone who enjoys character meals. I actually like Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace. But the castle is not the place for this. Terrible job Disney, TDO continues to alienate their adult customers.

Figment82

It's one restaurant for heaven's sakes IN THE CASTLE! What, do you want "Dinnertime With Stitch" in the castle? No, not everyone going to WDW has a 4 year old girl but why does everyone assume a princess experience would only appeal to a 4 year old girl!?

I have a boy and he's going to Fairy Tale Dining in a couple of weeks. He's got a crush on the princesses and is going to love every minute of it.

BTW: young girls are an enormous demographic for the park (especially now with BBB being so successful). Why wouldn't they try to cater to them?

The problem is not which characters are appearing at CRT, it's the fact that now every single meal at CRT involves characters. It's great that your children love the character meals, but not all of us have children, and not all children like character meals (I was terrified of the characters when I was younger - eating a meal with them walking around would have traumatized me!).

So I think what everyone is saying is that character meals are fine in moderation, but there should also be non-character meals as well to balance it out, and provide a cheaper, quieter alternative.

Future Guy

I understand where the folks who dislike this news are coming from and I respect their viewpoint, but I personally can't get upset about a restaurant where attractive women come to my table and pretend to like me.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I understand where the folks who dislike this news are coming from and I respect their viewpoint, but I personally can't get upset about a restaurant where attractive women come to my table and pretend to like me.

Yeah, but you could go to Vegas and have dinner a lot cheaper. And the definition of "friendly" out there is much different too! :D

MMFanCipher

I think having Princesses at CRT is justified, but I could see cutting back a little at Crystal Palace. Didn't they stop character meals at LTT? :shrug:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I think having Princesses at CRT is justified, but I could see cutting back a little at Crystal Palace. Didn't they stop character meals at LTT? :shrug:

They did, then started them up again when CP went down for refurb. It's assumed they will end the character meals once again after CP opens back up, but I haven't read anything "official" either way.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom