Walt Disney Treasures

Firebird

I think Goofy and the black and white mickey will definately be in the next series. I very much doubt Dr. Syn will be. BUT I do think the True Life Adventures are likely as they could fit all of them on the two DVD's where as there are hundreds of Wartime Movies and Behind the Scenes stuff. I hope they do release the Reluctant Dragon.

MKCustodial

Original Poster
Originally posted by MKingdom25

I am mainly interested in buying the Disneyland DVD. What were the 4 episodes like and was there much behind the scenes?

I'd love if they released something like that related to WDW.

And those news about the next Treasure series sound pretty good, especially Mickey II, Goofy, Disney Studios and Wartime Cartoons.

Monorail_Green

Originally posted by MKingdom25

I am mainly interested in buying the Disneyland DVD. What were the 4 episodes like and was there much behind the scenes?

I bought the Disneyland, USA DVD last week and it is phenomenal. It has four complete episodes from the Disneyland series from the 1950s and the 1960s:

(1) The Disneyland Story - from 1954. The first episode of the series where Walt introduces the concept of Disneyland the place and Disneyland the television show to the public.

(2) Dateline Disneyland - from July 1955. This was the one I had been waiting to see all my life (yup, all 21 years!)!!! This is the complete footage of the live broadcast of the opening day of Disneyland!!! It is so funny to see how every now and then the announcers screw up or to see the ordinary people running from the camera! It is also cool to see what is looked like when it first opened that day!

(3) Disneyland after Dark - I believe, 1957? Walt Disney takes us on a tour of DL after dark to show the types of attractions and shows there are for visitors to the park.

(4) Disneyland 10th Anniversary Show - 1965. This show is awesome for it shows Walt giving us previews of Pirates of the Carribean and The Haunted Mansion!!!

There is commentary from Leonard Maltin, and as a bonus too, there is a small documentary [pretty crappy in my opinion:p] but the real prize is the extra images. There has to be over 40 images of the original attraction posters for rides in DL from Haunted Mansion to the Flying Saucers to the Grand Canyon!!! I would definitely recommend buying this

But it is in limited edition - only 150,000 but you can pick it up at a best buy/circuit city/etc etc. Hope that helps!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom