Walt Disney Travel Company UK-tickets etc?

pjulie75

Hi My Fellow UK Travellers:wave:
We have booked our holiday through Walt Disney Travel Company and had confirmation from Virgin Holidays. We have arranged flight, car hire, hotel POFQ and tickets, wondered what we should be getting before departure, do we get the park tickets?

Ghall

We booked our holiday with Disneyworld.co.uk and I was just wondering the same thing when should we get some documentation as we arrive at the Beach Club Resort on the 25th June but leave for the US on the 18th June. Just sent them an email so hopefully I will get something in the post very soon. Last time we booked with them we just got a letter confirming our hotel accommodation and park passes. When we got to the resort our park passes were just added to our room key. I suppose that it might be the same when you book with Virgin. You probably get a confirmation letter and then your park passes will be added to room key on arrival at the resort.

Upvote 0

sueuk

We always go with Virgin; you get airline documentation, vouchers for 'other' theme parks (if booked), and confirmation documentation for car hire and your resort. Your theme park entry is on your Key to the World which you will get at the resort check in desk. Also if you are flying with Virgin you should get info about the DTD check in for your return flight (if not - ask about it, because it saves having luggage with you on the last day). Have a great time. :wave:

Upvote 0

pjulie75

Original Poster
Hi Again

It mentioned when we booked we get a round of Mini Golf, preferential fireworks viewing, etc, how do we get this??

How is Virgin to fly with, I have kids who are 6?

Thanks for replies, I am getting really excited 30 days to go:sohappy:

Upvote 0

heliumalias

Virgin are one of the better airlines. My only major complaint is that the seats are tiny in comparison to BA/United/etc which can prove uncomfortable on long haul flights. There's a pretty good entertainment service that will keep your kids occupied (it includes plenty of kid-suitable programming and games) and the food is reasonable. i believe they also give kids a special goody bag with stuff in it to keep them occupied. The food's also reasonable. Don't forget to request a kid's meal well before you fly.

Upvote 0

pjulie75

Original Poster
You'll either get a voucher (or similar) in with your travel docs or be prepared to go to 'the welcome meet' on the day following your arrival

Oh no, "the welcome meet" we haven't done that in years, been stung at a few of these before, hopefully it might come in the post or a might sneakily send my husand to this:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Oh no, "the welcome meet" we haven't done that in years, been stung at a few of these before, hopefully it might come in the post or a might sneakily send my husand to this:ROFLOL:

:ROFLOL:

I know what you mean - we did 'the meet' on our first ever trip when we had to go and collect our Disney Passes - NEVER AGAIN !!!! What a waste of a perfectly good morning

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
If you booked with Disney Travel wont your communication come from them? I know that ours has, although we didn't book flights.

Also I think you may get tickets, card style, as the Disney system used to struggle with continuous stays of over 10 days, and some folk may not be staying on property all the time but have purchased tickets.

Upvote 0

adrianuk91

We booked our holiday through virgin last year and got the documents and stuff about 2 week prior to departure so I would imagine you would get all you flight documents about then. Virgin are good, they have decent food and you get a drink aswell and a choc-ice on top of your meal, the only complaint we had was that both our flights we delayed, other than that it was as good as a nine hour flight can be.

Upvote 0

sueuk

Go onto the Virgin website, then 'my booking', and you can request kids meals, specific seats etc. We've been lucky, we've used Virgin for years and have only had one delay. ps There is always a charity envelope in your goody bag on the flight - we use them to put all our 1cents in each night and end up with 2 stuffed envelopes - and more -to hand in on the return - I suppose every little helps (and it gets rid of all your copper!!!)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom