Walt Disney: One Man's Dream

DinoInstitute

the more i think about it the more i think this will be the TSL model
SWL will be a D23 reveal for both coast and Avatar will be opening soon so why show the model
According to the site which shall not be named, it's going to be a Dr. Strange meet and greet.

I hope you're right though. I think TSL would be one of the more interesting models to see just because many of us really want a clear picture of how this land will really end up looking. In a way, I'd kind of rather not see the Pandora model yet just because I want there to still be as much mystery, intrigue, and discovery when I first visit the land. If more information about it is out there I won't be able to resist :p

roj2323

Despite the title of that article, he provides no evidence to support that...

"This could be for a new exhibit, but this space is right next door to the theater where the Dr. Strange sneak peek is being shown."

I have to think it's most likely the Avatar model as the project is far enough along that they want to show it off to build anticipation.

toolsnspools

Quick question about the models. Do they have a usefulness from a construction perspective, or are they merely built to convey the vision to those who need to approve the $$$ and possibly advertise? I always imagine the models being in the construction trailers for reference, but that could be completely made up in my mind.

Rteetz

Quick question about the models. Do they have a usefulness from a construction perspective, or are they merely built to convey the vision to those who need to approve the $$$ and possibly advertise? I always imagine the models being in the construction trailers for reference, but that could be completely made up in my mind.
They are most definitely used in a construction perspective. 3D models, blue prints, and actual models are used for a lot of theme park construction.

toolsnspools

They are most definitely used in a construction perspective. 3D models, blue prints, and actual models are used for a lot of theme park construction.
So the timing on moving the Pandora model makes a lot of sense. The exteriors are close to complete, with the exception of the finish work, so the model would be less useful to them now on-site. It's still close enough if they need to go back to reference something.

YodaMan

Maybe this is where the Moana meet and greet is going? And will open when the Moana preview inevitably starts in OMD? And perhaps the Princess test at World of Disney is to find a way to handle meet and greets that don't have room for a queue?

Bacon

Maybe this is where the Moana meet and greet is going? And will open when the Moana preview inevitably starts in OMD? And perhaps the Princess test at World of Disney is to find a way to handle meet and greets that don't have room for a queue?
Maybe its a mag for all previews

Brer Oswald

I know I'm a little late, but I talked to a cast member who claimed John Lassiter himself decided against closing OMD. Don't know how accurate that may be, but the CM seemed pretty adamant.

Goofyernmost

I know I'm a little late, but I talked to a cast member who claimed John Lassiter himself decided against closing OMD. Don't know how accurate that may be, but the CM seemed pretty adamant.
I don't think that John Lassiter has the power to do that. He is part of the package with Pixar and I don't think, I could be wrong) that he has any say about other aspects of the park(s). Unless, he has been promoted and I didn't hear about it (always possible) he has a lot of influence over Pixar related stuff, but, not so much the rest of the company.

Brer Oswald

I don't think that John Lassiter has the power to do that. He is part of the package with Pixar and I don't think, I could be wrong) that he has any say about other aspects of the park(s). Unless, he has been promoted and I didn't hear about it (always possible) he has a lot of influence over Pixar related stuff, but, not so much the rest of the company.
Isn't he one of the heads at imagineering? These days he does more at Disney than he does at Pixar.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I would hope this is true. OMD is a must-do every single trip for us.

My heart just about bursts when the audience (occasionally) applauds at the end of the film.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom