News Walt Disney Company plans to spend $17 billion at Walt Disney World over the next ten years

SamusAranX

You know you look just as idiotic saying this as the people who praise Iger for everything (no on here is praising Iger for everything).
I am not saying Iger has never done any good...the problem is he has fallen into the same "traps" that Chapek got raked over the coals for. And now some are trying to excuse Disney's mediocre stock performance and concerning parks situation(s); but when it happened with Chappie they wanted him out. Ding dong, the witch was dead? No. I give credit for him solving the initial "brand withdrawals" of the mid 2000's, but his currency is running short. Edit: @Sirwalterraleigh help me out, your way with words is better ;)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yeah but just wait until word gets out D’Amaro is welcoming everyone on the resort tv now. People will be coming like crazy. Lol

Whoo boy, the amount of inappropriate comments I could make responding to this one post would likely get my comment deleted and me put in time out.

So they are now trying to leverage Josh's charm with CMs on the general public? Not exactly a dumb move. But it's not going to move the needle on spending in the swamps over the next decade.

SamusAranX

What are those? Be specific
Thinking they can shift the deck chairs rather than actually invest in increased capacity at the parks via Genie+, refurbs instead of brand new attractions, etc.
Failing to increase value or bring back perks that made staying onsite worth it
Layoffs (something Chapek got slammed for).
Continuing the devaluation of some IP's (Star Wars)
Couple I can think off my head.

Let's make a couple things clear that i do not think:

1. This isn't the downfall of Disney; they will be sticking around but it's worth debating if they will be the powerhouse they have been the past 5+ years
2. I don't care about politics and the "fight" disney is in.

But to truly turn things around from being "stuck in the mud", i don't think Iger is the guy. Feel free to disagree.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Thinking they can shift the deck chairs rather than actually invest in increased capacity at the parks via Genie+, refurbs instead of brand new attractions, etc.
Failing to increase value or bring back perks that made staying onsite worth it
Man everyone here is talking about big picture industry stuff and you’re going with ‘bob hasn’t added any new attractions’ in his first six months… while under intense market pressure…???

Srsly?

I can’t take you seriously after that

SamusAranX

Man everyone here is talking about big picture industry stuff and you’re going with ‘bob hasn’t added any new attractions’ in his first six months… while under intense market pressure…???

Srsly?

I can’t take you seriously after that
Iger was here before Chapek. My whole point was Iger hasn't shown anything to me in the OVERALL latter years of his WHOLE, combined tenure to justify that he can necessarily move the needle out of a rut ACROSS the board (parks, movies, streaming, etc.). I am not just talking about his return for six months. these have been multiyear issues under his tenure.

As a guy who loves the parks, that of course has been my main focus; the past decade of not enough investment and wringing out every penny while not maintaining value.

Why ask for my reasons and opinion only to belittle it and "crunch" it down to a nice little sound bite that doesn't represent my full opinion? I listed multiple reasons. So likewise: "I can't take you seriously after that" :rolleyes:

Trauma

The next few earnings calls are going to be fun !

I’m going to be floating in the pool, pour myself a drink.

Tune into the call, have the penguin tell me what song is playing.

Then smile away as I listen to Iger try to re arrange the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom