News Walt Disney Co. forms strategic alliance with Impossible Foods to make the Impossible Burger the Preferred Plant-Based Burger of Walt Disney World

mdcpr

I tried an Impossible Burger--and was sick for about 3 days afterwards. I looked up the ingredients because I was surprised at my allergic reaction. It turns out one of its ingredients is soy leghemoglobin which releases a protein called heme--and the FDA was concerned about it because it has never consumed by humans! Well, I guess they eventually changed their minds - $$$. As for WDW, they picked the wrong Franken-foods developer. Should have gone with Beyond Meat.

tnemgif

I thought the existing WDW veggie burger was pretty good. Not amazing, but tasty. I may be in the minority, but I’m a little sad to see it replaced!

Cmdr_Crimson

Impossible food in a nutshell....
a28a3bba1beee5aa95139c20087e2668.gif

dreamfinder

Never opposed to new veggie friendly options, slightly surprising they locked into a vendor that still has a limited product line vs some that offer alot more options. Case in point, at Biergarten, asking for the plant based options they bring out the fishless fish filets or the beefless beef tips. I don't believe that Impossible has either equivalent currently.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I tried an Impossible Burger--and was sick for about 3 days afterwards. I looked up the ingredients because I was surprised at my allergic reaction. It turns out one of its ingredients is soy leghemoglobin which releases a protein called heme--and the FDA was concerned about it because it has never consumed by humans! Well, I guess they eventually changed their minds - $$$. As for WDW, they picked the wrong Franken-foods developer. Should have gone with Beyond Meat.
I can't believe they've chosen to partner with a product with so many allergens seeing they claim to be an allergy safe eviorment:cautious:

Disneyson

I really do enjoy Impossible Burgers, I had my first one during the Party for the Planet - the sliders. Really excellent. As for allergens — often when people make certain dietary choices, they must concede with others. For example, I have a nut allergy, and it is very difficult to do that and a vegan diet, for example. One has to pick their poison sometimes, and I think this is a wonderful idea for some people.

It’s kinda funny, people didn’t really have issues with Regal Eagle.

Figgy1

Premium Member
What ingredients do you think are allergens? I am allergic to coconut but I am the only only one I know of that is.

View attachment 451835

Water, Soy Protein Concentrate, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavors, 2% or less of: Potato Protein, Methylcellulose, Yeast Extract, Cultured Dextrose, Food Starch Modified, Soy Leghemoglobin, Salt, Soy Protein Isolate, Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E), Zinc Gluconate, Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin B12.

Contains: Soy
I just checked and this is the updated ingredient list. They've eliminated the gluten/wheat that was the biggie they got rid of. Still soy and yes coconut allergies are a thing. Many more with soy than coconut but more than you would think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom