Walt Disney Brazilian World

Hi folks,

I'm returning from my trip to wdw right now. I've been there from 30/1 to 01/2.

My first impression was crowds:

- MK was very crowded on sat 31/1: POTC had 40 minutes @ 11:30 PM. Big thunder 60 minutes @ 11:45 PM. Haunted Mansion, 45 minutes.
- Epcot, the same on fri 30 and sat 31. Figment had 20 minutes when i've never waited anything there.

The second thing was a huge amount of Brazilian people... and not just @ the parks, also @malls, shopping, restaurants, minigolfs. I've been there different times of the year... and i think this is getting worse than ever. They're really rude, skip lines... even i know when a minivan is being driven by brazilians.

Looks like i'll take a big break from wdw.

Leo!

Original Poster
For this and more... i think i will be out of anything disney for a long time.

This is my 5th year in a row going at least 1 time per year (sometimes 3 same year) and what i've found was more crowds, a more rude crowd, more expensive costs and, what 3 or 4 years ago was a simple but quick ride... now is a 45-wait-ride (not talking about big rides) even in a time of the year that is not crowded "in planning".

The problem: my family loves WDW. Maybe next time i'll try staying on Universal.

Looks like Disney is investing in more and more capacity, not in a magical experience.

Callum Chambers

Whilst behaviour of tour groups can be irritating, people should be careful when stereotyping entire nations. Some american tourists have disrespectful attitudes whilst abroad too yet not every American tourist is that way! In my opinion, I find the ECV culture irritating on a par with the chanting plainly because I'm not used to it at home.

LondonGopher

This is exactly how American tourists are seen in places like England.

Not exactly...;)

About six months ago, I was trying to get off my train and out of Oxford Circus station (in central London). I was on my way to the dentist. About a dozen young American tourists were blocking the whole platform, taking selfies in front of the trains/signs...I think sometimes holiday-makers (whatever their ethnicity) forget that THEIR holiday destination is somebody else's HOME.

As for the Brazilians, I had a sad and interesting conversation with a TM at SeaWorld last year. We had just ridden Antarctica, but couldn't get through to get any decent snaps of the penguins as a giant group of Brazilians was jumping up and down in front of the habitat, shouting and taking photos of each other. The TM said to me, "They keep us in business during our slow times. They spend A LOT of money. So we just let them do whatever they want."

Now I know this was an exaggeration - but - if this situation bothers you/us, then we MUST contact SeaWorld/UNI/WDW and let them know. The Orlando theme parks aren't anybody's HOME (Sorry, DVC) but many of us are protective of them, and the experiences we have in them.

Watch that casual racism in your e-mails and letters, though. :cautious:

Raven66

We were there this past October and only saw a small group of them once and that was in Epcot. They don't know what personal space means but other then that they were fine. Thankfully!

mousehockey37

We were there this past October and only saw a small group of them once and that was in Epcot. They don't know what personal space means but other then that they were fine. Thankfully!

It seems it's all about the time of year and when their breaks are. Also, in October, Disney has its hands full with F&W and the Halloween parties going on, so you could probably imagine that the "group travel deals" aren't exactly the greatest for them at that time.

It's hard to avoid the stereotypes, but it's harder to avoid it when you see a huge group in matching shirts with flags and they are chanting, cutting lines, and showing no regard for the other guests. Do I understand that not all people from outside the US are like this, yes. A few bad eggs do spoil it for the ones that follow and if more rotten bunches keep coming, it sets a trend. Are there individual visitors from other countries that come over and maintain themselves and adhere to the rules? Absolutely. Those are not the people we're talking about here unfortunately. We've all been witness to it, and at some point, we've all be stereotyped into "that" kind of tourist.

SnarkyMonkey

I believe if you put that large of a group of American teenagers together in the parks you would be equally annoyed.

Yes. My comment early about Americans in England was based on my own observations. Encountered several groups of very rude American tourists - some teenagers, some grown adults. This is always quite embarrassing.

PMC0849

When we were there last January/February, we saw a lot of these groups. Now, I don't remember them being particularly rude, but they were large groups, taking up a lot of space. It was annoying when you were going to get in line for something and a group of over 25 people get in the line right before you, D'oh!

rkelly42

I've done the marching band trips (Disney Magic Music Days)... We behaved. My band in HS had about 140 members in it.
Maybe your group behaved themselves, but I have been to WDW during early dec during pop warner. I have run into more issues with the kids during pop warner than with Brazilian tour groups. Yes the tour groups are large and can be rude and annoying, but no more so than our own American teenagers.

ItlngrlBella

I think any lage group/people enmass, will most likely will have its challenges and annoyances - it's just the Brazil contingent has their own unique style!

mousehockey37

Maybe your group behaved themselves, but I have been to WDW during early dec during pop warner. I have run into more issues with the kids during pop warner than with Brazilian tour groups. Yes the tour groups are large and can be rude and annoying, but no more so than our own American teenagers.

This may be, but the pop warner kids are also not out upending the pool areas either (this happened within the last year or two). Also, after the fight in the food court with them, I've heard it's been better. So, I guess it's all based on what you see, but you don't hear too much about pop warner in comparison to the internationals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom