Walt Disney Biography Books

DisneyKrazed

Original Poster
My little brother is doing a report on Walt Disney and he needs some good books for sorces since I don't count. If anyone can recomend any good Bio's on Disney life with a reading level for around a 6th grader it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I read Walt Disney An American Original. It was a fantastic book. I don't know if it would be too hard for him. But check it out, it was really good.

mickeyfanatics

Yes, Walt Disney, An American Original is the best source, but so is Building a Company, The Roy O Disney Story. It also includes a lot of information about the brothers' partnership from Roy's point of view. There are no better sources since Bob Thomas is the official biographer for the company. You should be able to help your child read them, but they are not too difficult.

Dizknee_Phreek

i agree with both of you...i read An American Original for my AP US History class last year (it's one of the few books that i've read for school that i actually read from start to finish! i actually stayed home from school...something i never do...to finish it!) it was fantastic! some of the business details bored me a little bit, but the parts about Walt's personal life were fascinating! and it was so packed with emotion...there were many times where i laughed, but by the end i was bawling. that would be my #1 recommendation for anyone having to read a Walt Disney bio for school (or otherwise) since i was an 11th grader at the time i read it, i'm not sure how a 6th grader would enjoy it. if your brother is a fairly fast reader (which i'm not) then i would say he should read this book (of course, depending on how much time he has to read it)

wyattkelly

Might be a little offtopic, but....there's a great book called "Storming the Magic Kingdom" by John Taylor. It's an indepth story of how THe Disney Corporation was nearly dissolved in the early days of the 80s, and how the powerhouse of Eisner, Wells, and Katzenberg shot it back to the top. Learned a lot about modern business practices with this book, and some great behind the scenes stuff about the battles between Walt and Roy Disney's sides of the family for control of the company. Now if Roy Disney could get control of the company, and get a business associate as driven as he is, WDP could be saved from it's slide into mediocrity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom