Walt Disney 100 yrs. Theater

cuteypatooty78

Original Poster
How many of you like the Walt Disney theater they have at WDW now? I really wanna see that when we go! I've seen that in the pre show area they have the original models of Disney's ideas of E.P.C.O.T. Anyone else want to share what their favorite part of this attraction is?

ToTBellHop

It's very much like what you see in castles or palaces all around the world. It is a safety hazard to allow people to take pictures of these artifacts...but, they usually sell postcards of them in the gift shops...as for the theatre, I love the movie. Even though most of the artifacts will have to leave at the end of the 100 Years of Magic Celebration, I hope the movie stays.

Kellylynn322

The whole attraction was worth the time spent in it. Between all the nostalgia between his desk and the Hallmark crown given to him and the movie afterwards, it was definetly worth spending a decent amount of time in.

jmarc63

When I was there on the lkast few trips before 93 I had no problem with taking any pic in the attraction. At the time it was still filled with Walts artifacts from the Disneyland/wonderfulworld of color TV show days and the Model of WDW that was originally installed at the preview center on preview drive. for the preview showings of WDW prior to opening

JLW11Hi

I think that this is a great attraction. I video taped the whole museum part without any trouble.

Note: Take your time here! Dont let the crowds push you through to the end like I did. I wish I could have spent more time here, not just looking at all of the artifacts they have on display, but also reading the small thingies they have all over the place. I hope that they extend keeping the museum for a while (I have heard that they may extend the celebration like they did the millenium celebration). The movie was also great.

bearboysnc

I can't believe they finally put the original Dancing Man on display. Before there was COP, before the Tiki Room...there was the Dancing man. I've read about for decades. I didn't know it still existed.

YES, I felt rushed too. The American public show no respect in a museum type setting. Take your time.

This could be fleshed out and made into a permenant attraction. Why keep all these things in the Archives if they're never seen by anyone?

Snow White 27

Originally posted by DisneyWorld30th
Was that theater always tthere? Or was it built for the 100th?

No, I remember it at one time as an area for when Armageddon first came out where you could see how it was made, but before that I think it was just part of the soundstage tour?!? But I am not quite positive!

JLW11Hi

I am pretty sure that the building that houses the theater was once a Sound Stage. Correct me if I am wroung, but I think that most of the buildings back there on Mickey Avenue are sound stages. Disney has not really needed the sound stages for a while, due to lack of offers for filming in Florida, so I think that they are going to be filling up a lot of the stages with attractions for a while (i.e. Millionaire, One Man's Dream)

NADisney

The Theater was part of "BackStage Pass" attraction, at the end of the walking tour of the soundstages and recording room a film was shown showcaseing future disney films and tv programs by Mickey M. and Eisner. As for the museum ,many of the items will be relocated to Disneyland for the 50th Celebration.

My favorite part is the models and Mickey Mouse Club items,I wish they talked about Annette ,I just love her so.

:sohappy: :sohappy: :wave:

sig

The Film

No one has mentioned the film, what did you think? My sis and I loved it, we were moved to tears! glad we had our sunglasses to put on before left the theater!:cry:

jmarc63

Is this display on mainstreet in MK or at DS

Last time I was there it was in the Hospitality house just to the right of the entrance

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom