Walt Death Cartoons

jamesinorlando

Banned
Original Poster
I can remember seeing some images on a documentary of cartoons in American papers the day after Walt's death.

If I recall,one was of Mickey sat on a stool upset and looking at a picture of Walt. The other was of Mickey's face imbedded into a drawing of the world, crying.

Anyone know where i can get these pictures online?

Wilt Dasney

What??? :veryconfu :veryconfu That's not even funny (assuming it was supposed to be).

It wasn't a joke.

mickey_suicide.jpg

mickeysuicide.jpg

Officially licensed Mickey comics from back in the day.

cb3k

What was the intended purpose of these comic strips? Were they created by Walt early in his days? If anyone can shed some light on this topic, I'm curious as to what in the world these were for.

Boray

Those cartoons are a bit disturbing. I guess I'd like to think that Mickey is eternally happy. What a downer... :(

raven

I can remember seeing some images on a documentary of cartoons in American papers the day after Walt's death.

If I recall,one was of Mickey sat on a stool upset and looking at a picture of Walt. The other was of Mickey's face imbedded into a drawing of the world, crying.

Anyone know where i can get these pictures online?

I've tried searching for it too with no luck. I know it's on the DVD "Walt: The Man behind the Myth" because I have it in my collection.

CThaddeus

It may be copyrighted or something, so I'm not going to scan and post it, but a small print of the Mickey Earth crying is in the book:
Disney: The First 100 Years by Dave Smith

I've seen both cartoons somewhere together in one book, but for the life of me I can't find it right now. I'll let you know if I find it.

DiPSU224

I have a picture of the cartoon of Mickey's head shaped like the Earth and him crying. Is that the one you're referring to? I took a picture of the picture hanging at One Man's Dream this year. If you PM me your email, I can send it to you. For some reason the settings on my computer won't allow me to post pics on here....

fizzle75

I'm assuming this is the picture you are talking about. I first saw it several years ago in the documentary Walt-The Man Behind The Myth and fell in love with it. While on our one year anniversary at WDW in April of 2006 I stumbled upon it in One Man's Dream and I couldn't resist snapping a pic of it. It is an incredibly moving picture. Walt's death was momentous at the time, he had greatly affected the whole world and the whole world missed(and still misses) him greatly. At the end of the Walt documentary there is a segment where some of the animators and friends of Walt are recounting where they were and how they felt when they heard Walt was dead, it is incredibly moving. During this segment they show several pictures of artwork that ran in newspapers and magazines after Walt's death. If you haven't seen this documentary I highly recommend you run out and buy it, it is fantastic. And while you're at it be sure to pick up Frank and Ollie!

Matt

Oops! Almost forgot, here's the pic...
mickeyglobecrying.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom