Pre-Trip Walking the World Alone

Hey all! This will be my first pre-trip, and second attempt at a trip report... the first one didn't go so well haha.

But anyway, I'm Megan. I live in Western NY and work as a waitress. I've been to WDW 29 times so far, and have fell in love with completely new things in the last few years than when I was younger. Recently I've wanted to spend most of my time wandering around World Showcase, watching the street shows in DHS, and chilling out at Petals Pool Bar (because I love Johnny :inlove: :joyfull:).

Ok so...

Who: Just me! First solo trip ever... we'll see how this goes.

When: May 29 - June 2

Where: POP Century... I actually really like this resort.

So far I'm really just winging this entire thing. I've made tentative plans based around the EEMH. I am NOT a morning person! I've made 2 ADRs at Sanaa for lunch, and Mama Melrose for dinner. Still looking in to possibly booking more. I may even add the dining plan if I think it will be worth it for me.

This was a very last minute trip. Seriously. I worked a whole lot last month, and was counting all the money I never spend and said "I think I want to go to Disney...", and 3 days later the trip was booked. I'm going again in September with my family, but I really wanted to try going alone. A lot of the time I get stressed out when the whole family is there because I get dragged away from the things I want to do to run to the next ride across the park. I want to try a slower paced trip where I can do what I want and not worry about pleasing anyone else.

So... yeah, we'll see how this goes. Ha. ;)

MagicMegan

Original Poster
OH! And he's a pic of me from a few trips ago... apparently I don't make it in to too many pictures while we're on vacation.

553982_10152163147835291_284554474_n.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I've gone on quite a few solo trips to WDW over the years and never regretted one second of them!! :happy: And what's surprised me even more, is that plenty of others have as well. I've found that out from reading the forums here.

Trust me, you'll have a great time. And be sure to take advantage of the Single Rider lines at many of the more popular attractions. Enjoy!

BAChicagoGal

Don't stress over solo. It's certainly better than never going at all. For me, I actually prefer it in many ways. Have fun planning, and enjoy yourself. Think of all the time you will save, not looking over your shoulder for the other guy, or in my case, running after everyone else because they won't slow down.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I go solo most of my trips, since I participate in runDisney races (and I could never get my daughter to even agree to WALKING the Princess 5k with me). Don't be afraid of going solo. Strike up conversations with people on your resort bus ("I love your Ears/blouse/shirt/pin/bag - where did you get it?") or queue ("boy, it is sure warm - I'm from [place] - is it normally this warm?" "Have you ridden this ride before? It's my first time"). Or the "I'm eating at [restaurant] for the first time. Have you eaten there? What would you recommend?"

People love to talk about themselves and why they love Disney. I sometimes just walk around the resort/parks just to see things I might miss in my rush to get to my FP+ or ADR.

More importantly, you can go back to your resort room whenever you want...and not have to worry about your traveling companions objecting ("but we've only been in the MK 7 hours - I'm not ready to go back to the room!")

Don't sweat it - you'll have fun!

amjt660

Premium Member
Hi Megan
29 times ! - Wow
But now it will be new and different as a solo trip

I have never done solo in the US but have done 2 Japan solo trips.

I joke that the magic is different by not having someone close to share it with.
But during the one trip I was at the park from 7am to 10pm on my own

During that time I had no arguments over what ride to go on next, where to eat and ....
only used the restroom 4 times ( that is like only a few hours with DW and 2 DD !!!)

Enjoy the trip
Looking forward to the PTR and the TR
Following along

Max

MagicMegan

Original Poster
So I decided last night to throw my ADRs out the window... and cancelled every single one. o_O

I guess I decided that I don't really want to have to worry about being somewhere for a meal, because I can pretty much eat what I want, when I want, where I want. I had 2 lunches set up, but I don't usually eat early in my day, and if I sleep in a bit I probably won't want something large enough to make a sit down worth while.

My only plans that I REALLY want to stick with are going to Epcot on the 29th, since it's my first day there, and the last day of F&G. But I'm not even sure that will be happening since a friend from another site will be down there that day and we might be meeting up in DTD that night (It will always be DTD to me... cough).

MagicMegan

Original Poster
I went grocery shopping today and decided to pick up some cereal bar things to take with me. I'm not really a breakfast person, so figured I can just throw a couple of these in my bag and go out the door each day.

MagicMegan

Original Poster
So, I leave on Monday at 7am... and I basically have nothing ready. I'm heading in for my 5th closing shift in a row (apparently being good at your job just gets you closing shifts until you DIE!), and still work Friday and Saturday this week. Here's to hoping I don't forget to pack underwear or something. :confused:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
So, I leave on Monday at 7am... and I basically have nothing ready. I'm heading in for my 5th closing shift in a row (apparently being good at your job just gets you closing shifts until you DIE!), and still work Friday and Saturday this week. Here's to hoping I don't forget to pack underwear or something. :confused:

Make a list of things to pack....with undies at the TOP. That has always worked for me, unless I forget to put something on the list.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom