Walking from Wilderness lodge to hoop dee do ?

kelknight84

You had a nice bus driver. I have stayed at WL many, many times (four times in the last year) and the internal bus always drops off at the
Settlement Depot.
To get real technical the WL / FW bus goes between the lodge and settlement but then at settlement turns into the yellow internal bus and continues to the Outpost. So you are both right.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
@Tuvalu. Want to make sure I understand the bus between Ft. Wilderness and WL, as I'm staying at Ft. Wilderness next month for only the 2nd time in 6 years. You catch that bus at the Settlement, which is over by the boat dock, correct? I've got a golf cart reserved, so getting to that bus stop won't be an issue.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
@LAKid53
Bus stop #1 at the WL is for MK and Ft. Wilderness (separate buses but the bus stop is shared.) The Ft. Wilderness bus will stop at the Settlement Depot (which is a short walk to Pioneer Hall/boat dock.) I have never stayed on that bus to the Outpost (as @kelknight84 mentioned) but I know that when you board the bus for WL at the Settlement Depot, the bus returns directly to the Lodge and does not go anywhere else.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
@LAKid53
Bus stop #1 at the WL is for MK and Ft. Wilderness (separate buses but the bus stop is shared.) The Ft. Wilderness bus will stop at the Settlement Depot (which is a short walk to Pioneer Hall/boat dock.) I have never stayed on that bus to the Outpost (as @kelknight84 mentioned) but I know that when you board the bus for WL at the Settlement Depot, the bus returns directly to the Lodge and does not go anywhere else.

Thanks. I knew which stop at WL is for Ft. Wilderness - I stay at WL DVC for nearly all my 5-7 trips a year but no room at the inn during GE preview days next month - but wasn't sure where its stop is at Ft. Wilderness.

Commander Buzzy

Can vwrify that bussed from the lodge are definitely dropping off at outpost. had a bus of about 30 people (including myself) coming back from Villains Aftter Hours drop off at Outpost. Yes, normally the bus does drop off at Settlemnt but because of the construction of the new resort, they are dropping off at Outpoat.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Can vwrify that bussed from the lodge are definitely dropping off at outpost. had a bus of about 30 people (including myself) coming back from Villains Aftter Hours drop off at Outpost. Yes, normally the bus does drop off at Settlemnt but because of the construction of the new resort, they are dropping off at Outpoat.
Were you on the internal bus that only runs between the Lodge and the campground? If you were coming back from Villains After Hours, you were on a bus from MK (not an internal bus) which does drop off at the Outpost and not the Settlement Depot.

@LAKid53 you should check about the current bus stop location upon your arrival, in case construction has altered the former internal route. Or just ride your golf cart to the Settlement Depot and take the boat!

Last edited:

Commander Buzzy

There was absolutely 0 busses running from magic kingdom to the campground. The bus dropped everyone off at the lodge and were made to transfer to another bus from the lodge to the campground. And THAT bus droppes off at the Outpost

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom