Walking from SSR to OKW?

Plowboy

We'll be staying at SSR the first week of December and I've been making our ADR's the last 10 days or so. We're doing Olivia's for breakfast one morning and I was looking at Google Maps and I see something called the SSR nature trail (?) and what may be cart paths for the golf course in that area. My question is "Is it possible (or practical) to walk from SSR to OKW?". My second option would be take the boat, but I believe we'd have to go to Disney Springs first, then change boats to get back to OKW. Additionally, I'm unsure what times the boats begin running. I suppose we could taxi, but as close as the two resorts are a taxi might be overkill. Can anyone enlighten me as to the easiest way? Thanks.

anchorman314

I don't think the boats would run early enough for a breakfast ADR? And while I do recall seeing some people walking along the golf cart paths, you're looking at over 1.25 miles from the start of the path at SSR to Olivia's. It would certainly work up quite an appetite. It looks like a taxi might be your best bet at that time of day and for that origin/destination.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
I would walk. That's what, a 30 minute stroll before breakfast. Perfect!

I have seen someone say the route isn't lit, so if it's still a little dark then bear that in mind, especially if you have young children.

Upvote 0

Plowboy

Original Poster
I don't think the boats would run early enough for a breakfast ADR? And while I do recall seeing some people walking along the golf cart paths, you're looking at over 1.25 miles from the start of the path at SSR to Olivia's. It would certainly work up quite an appetite. It looks like a taxi might be your best bet at that time of day and for that origin/destination.
We do 3-4 miles near every morning, so the distance is nothing. Just need to watch out for errant golf shots! Thanks.

Upvote 0

Plowboy

Original Poster
I would walk. That's what, a 30 minute stroll before breakfast. Perfect!

I have seen someone say the route isn't lit, so if it's still a little dark then bear that in mind, especially if you have young children.
No little ones. Thanks for the reply!

Upvote 0

Worldlover71

I would probably walk. If the weather is bad though, or for someone else reading who couldn't manage that walk, your resort can often make arrangements to get you to an early morning ADR at another resort. You would need to speak to the cast member at the concierge desk. If the ADR is later, they would probably suggest walking/boating to DS and then taking a bus/boat to OKW.

Upvote 0

UncleFastpass

I have walked and ridden a bike between OKW,SSR&DS many times, it is a nice walk.You mention a taxi,consider Uber as I believe they are cheaper and will pick you up right at your unit and is very convenient for resort to resort travel.

Upvote 0

22YrsDVC

The walk is a lovely one, but remember that the path from Saratoga Springs brings you to the very bottom of Old Key West, and you still have the rest of the resort to walk through. That, and it's not only golf carts you have to watch for, quite a lot of grounds keeping and mouse-keeping use the path with their carts. Can you say reflective vests?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom