Walking from Hollywood Studios

cjgtigger

We are staying at POR and want to play Fantasia Mini Golf and then eat a "Kitchen Sink" at the Beach Club...

Can we hop a bus to Hollywood Studios and walk to Mini Golf then to Beach Club?

If so - how long of a walk will it be?

Thanks,

The Mom

Premium Member
Do you normally do a lot of walking? I ask because that would make a difference. I walk at least 1&1/2 mi/day, sometimes 3, in the FL heat and humidity. So it isn't much of a walk for me. I THINK it's about 1&1/2 miles, but I'm sure someone else has the exact distance.

Upvote 0

promod1955

we took a disney bus to the swan and dolphin. I cant remember what stop we got off at, but the mini golf is right across the street. We had a great time.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

I stayed at the Boardwalk and didn't think the walk to minigolf or hollywood studios was bad at all. You should walk from DHS to Beach/Yacht club. Stop there, take a break & get the kitchen sink. Then head over to minigolf. It would break up the walk a little bit and get you out of the heat. :)

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
But they want to play golf before eating. Take the bus to DHS, then the boat to The Swan, cross the street and play golf, then walk to the BC. Relax! You're on vacation. ;)

Upvote 0

Rob562

Here is the shortest walking route from the Studios to Fantasia Gardens, it's just shy of 1 mile:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1287397
(Unless you want to cut through the Swan's parking lot, but that's a negligible difference)
Just take the path that veers off to the right after you pass under Buena Vista Blvd to cross up and over the canal and then follow the sidewalk along Buena Vista BLVD until you get to Epcot Resorts Blvd
If you walk all the way along the canal to the Swan before heading to the golf course, you're actually doubling back and walking farther than needed (though admittedly, it's only about 1/8 mile farther, and probably a bit more scenic than walking along the road...)

If you take the boat, it's about a 1/4 mile walk from the S&D boat dock.

And then from Fantasia Gardens to Beaches & Cream is about 2/3 of a mile:
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2998984
(I'm guessing on the exact location of Beaches & Cream, I don't recall where along that stretch between the Yacht and Beach lobbies it is)
Again, you could take the boat from the S&D to the Yacht Club, but it'd only be saving you about 1/3 of a mile walk.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Rob562

Holy smokes! I never realized that gmap pedometer worked for Disney since it doesn't work for my hometown!

All depends on how far you can zoom in on the aerial photos.

Also, Gmap Pedometer recently installed an "upgrade" to make mapping out routes easier, in which it automaticallt snaps the route to a street. That's great if you'd biking or walking along streets, but not if you're walking on paths not marked on the map. You have to make sure to switch it to "Manual" mode first. (First time I used it after the change, it took me a few minutes to figure out why it was all messed up)

-Rob

Upvote 0

justdru

All depends on how far you can zoom in on the aerial photos.

Also, Gmap Pedometer recently installed an "upgrade" to make mapping out routes easier, in which it automaticallt snaps the route to a street. That's great if you'd biking or walking along streets, but not if you're walking on paths not marked on the map. You have to make sure to switch it to "Manual" mode first. (First time I used it after the change, it took me a few minutes to figure out why it was all messed up)

-Rob

Yea, I hate the automatic thing myself, I think it kind of defeats the purpose of having it. My area doesn't have aerial maps at a good enough zoom level to really get to take advantage of the manual mode. You can kind of guesstimate where trails and things are in map mode but that's about it.

That's great for Disney though - I'm glad it's there! Thanks for sharing!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom