Walk up dining luck in 2022?

heath.sneyd

Original Poster
I'm over here pulling my hair out, about to say screw food, I'm drinking my dinner every day in in WDW...

Party of 8, trying to get remotely close together, and we aren't even looking at fancy dining, just something to pacify everybody.

I DID manage to get Crystal Palace, 2 parties of 4, only 5 minutes apart, but that's as close as I can get. Every other day, every other park, hours apart from each other.

So, what's the success rate of walking up these days, in a world of got to reserve everything? How have y'all fared with the idea, if you have attempted it, or witnessed it?

I'm about to send out MDE invitations to everybody and wish them the best of luck... I see there's an Applebee's 12 minutes away...;):cool:

Worldlover71

Have you tried the restaurants in hotels near the parks you're visiting? They are often easier to get into than those in the parks. With a party of eight though, it still might be tricky. You might have better luck with 4 and 4 like you did with CP.

RememberWhen

When are you going? We’ve done adrs for pretty big groups with varying success. Splitting the group into 4 and 4 is a good idea. We did that and had good luck approaching the podium ahead and letting them know that we were one big party and if it was possible we’d like to be near each other. Be kind and understanding if they can’t make it happen.
You can/should also try slightly off times. 3:30pm, instead of noon or 6.
We’ve also had good luck with touringplans reservation finder.

heath.sneyd

Original Poster
Have you tried the restaurants in hotels near the parks you're visiting? They are often easier to get into than those in the parks. With a party of eight though, it still might be tricky. You might have better luck with 4 and 4 like you did with CP.
Yeah, my wife mentioned the same thing right after I posted this. We'll be making trips just us after this, so she mentioned doing that to even check out the resorts in person as well. We already booked date night at Trattoria al Forno at Boardwalk as well.
When are you going? We’ve done adrs for pretty big groups with varying success. Splitting the group into 4 and 4 is a good idea. We did that and had good luck approaching the podium ahead and letting them know that we were one big party and if it was possible we’d like to be near each other. Be kind and understanding if they can’t make it happen.
You can/should also try slightly off times. 3:30pm, instead of noon or 6.
We’ve also had good luck with touringplans reservation finder.
Last week of June / First of July. Yeah, exactly, peak. LoL May look into TouringPlans though, I've always heard good things about them.

RememberWhen

Yeah, my wife mentioned the same thing right after I posted this. We'll be making trips just us after this, so she mentioned doing that to even check out the resorts in person as well. We already booked date night at Trattoria al Forno at Boardwalk as well.

Last week of June / First of July. Yeah, exactly, peak. LoL May look into TouringPlans though, I've always heard good things about them.
Touringplans itself is great. Give the reservation finder a try. You’ll need an account, but you can make a free one. We’ve had good luck. Also, check the day of and night before as people will cancel to avoid the fee.

christine7257

Another tip ... check OpenTable for most of the Disney Springs restaurants (know Homecomin' is NOT on OT but think most of the rest are) as well as the Swan and Dolphin restaurants. Agree that the reservation finders can be very helpful. If you're willing to be flexible we've had good luck night before/day of ... as someone said above, there are a lot of cancellations -- though I only have experience with parties of 2-4, not sure about parties of 8. Many of the restaurants (& Nomad Lounge) manage walk-up lists via MDE and we've had luck with that as well -- but again, as a smaller group. Lastly, I'll say there are some pretty good quick serve options these days and I think mobile ordering makes the whole process easier. We like Docking Bay 7 in Galaxy's Edge/Hollywood Studios, Satuli Canteen in AK, haven't been yet but hear good things about Connections in EP. Good luck! Hope you have a great trip!

I'm over here pulling my hair out, about to say screw food, I'm drinking my dinner every day in in WDW...

Party of 8, trying to get remotely close together, and we aren't even looking at fancy dining, just something to pacify everybody.

I DID manage to get Crystal Palace, 2 parties of 4, only 5 minutes apart, but that's as close as I can get. Every other day, every other park, hours apart from each other.

So, what's the success rate of walking up these days, in a world of got to reserve everything? How have y'all fared with the idea, if you have attempted it, or witnessed it?

I'm about to send out MDE invitations to everybody and wish them the best of luck... I see there's an Applebee's 12 minutes away...;):cool:
best is to do like me, uber it to a waffle house before hitting Theme park, its Faster, Cheaper and Now a days, taste better the theme park stuff lately.

DfromATX

We were a party of 7 and I was able to get most everything (back in 2018), but I was online right at 6 a.m. eastern time. I take it you are past your 60 days? If you haven't already, I would look at some of the hotels near whatever park you will be at each day - like on your MK day, try for 'Ohana (although that one may be hard) or Sanaa on your AK day, etc. I remember back in the earlier days, we were able to walk in to lots of places - I know Chef Mickey's at least twice when the kids were little and Sci Fi too. Those days are gone. Good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom