Walk Through the Shops

BG Rugger

Original Poster
Many of the shops down the main entrance-way to the parks ( i.e. Main Street USA at MK ) are connected, so if you want to beat the heat walk through these instead of the sidewalk. Its something small, but a nice relief on the hot days.

CAPTAIN HOOK

It sure is a good way to cool off - but beware - you'll end up losing a few $$$ as there is bound to be something in one of the shops that you didn't know that you didn't want. :lol:
It will also take you twice as long than staying outside and walking along Main Street

JackSkellington

I love to shop on Main Street after hours. The lights and sounds are magical. And there are not a whole lot of people there. It is a very fun time to enjoy some quality shopping. And you meet all kinds of people there. Itskinda like a meet and greet with other day guests.

surfsupdon

This is THE place to walk should there be an afternoon parade or Spectro and youre just so tired and wanna get back....speedy!!

Nansafan

When Main Street is crowded, someone in our group will say, "take the stores". This lets everyone in the group know we will be taking the store route and hustling through to reach the end of Main Street.

figmentmom

Yep, we've walked through the stores many times to avoid the rain...however, it's a toss-up. Which is worse, getting thoroughly soaked in a downpour, or getting a little wet, and then freezing in the air-conditioning??? :lol:

Woody13

Oh my! :eek: Main Street was so much better when it had the penny arcade, the magic shop and all the other individual stores.

surfsupdon

Originally posted by Woody13
Oh my! :eek: Main Street was so much better when it had the penny arcade, the magic shop and all the other individual stores.

And was better even though you HAD to walk outside to cross through the Main Street Flower Market in all its beautiful glory. Horrible it is gone, and replaced with a store selling general stuff sold everywhere!!

Yet the Mickey and Minnie picture with them at the Market is still used in advertising and other publications.

Punkss

I loved walking around the Main St. shops when i went when i was 9!

Just one question is there a jewellery shop or similar in the parks? Would love to get the gf a little something!

disneyash

Aw some of my fondest memories are hauling A#$ through those shops trying to get out of MK at the end of the night before having to wait an hour + for a bus or monorail back to the resort. It also works in MGM too! Not quite as well (you actually have to walk outside a couple times), but good enough to bypass a lot of tired stroller parents as we all file out of Fantasmic.

eastvillage

Woody13 said:

I totally agree. I went back last June for the first time in 14 years and was VERY disappointed that they had knocked out all the walls and joined most of the stores. Totally takes away the quaint atmosphere of Main Street! Now it just feels like one big attempt to push Disney merchandise.

The Penny Arcade ruled - used to play the fortune teller machine every time. I wish they would bring the Penny Arcade back...

melbatoast

Punkss said:
I loved walking around the Main St. shops when i went when i was 9!

Just one question is there a jewellery shop or similar in the parks? Would love to get the gf a little something!

Try Uptown Jewelers in Magic Kingdom, Sunset Club Courture in MGM or The World of Disney store in Downtown Disney, which has a room with jewelery(or did as of 2004, when I last went)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom