Walk me through it....

AVeryDifferentDisneyDad

Original Poster
Ok. So, I have bits and pieces of info, but could we chat and create a thread about Disney World now... how it will operate in this new period?

I read the fantastic review from the front page, however, who can buy tickets? When? Where from? Will prices not jump up since fewer guest can enter? (This normally happens in a supply & demand market)

People who booked months ago can go now? Are they limiting hotel room rentals, as well?

You get the gist. As everything officially comes back online, I like to see and hear options for going. Is it possible to take an unexpected quick trip down? Or should I just plan for some Spring of 2023 Trip kinda thing?

😁

I miss my Happy Place!!

Shouldigo12

MissViv

It looks like tickets are available for purchase today. Also, resorts are listed as available for October when I am planning to attend and it doesn't look like resort prices have increased as of yet.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Are there quarantine issues with entering and exiting Florida?

Entering yes: https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/orders/2020/EO_20-166.pdf . It was extended 60 days to September the 5th.

Returning to wherever you originated, its dependent on that state if you have an additional quarantine period.

Since we don't live in a police state, it's your personal recognizance that's being tested (and lots fail badly, that's why things are as bad as they are)

thomas998

Ok. So, I have bits and pieces of info, but could we chat and create a thread about Disney World now... how it will operate in this new period?

I read the fantastic review from the front page, however, who can buy tickets? When? Where from? Will prices not jump up since fewer guest can enter? (This normally happens in a supply & demand market)

People who booked months ago can go now? Are they limiting hotel room rentals, as well?

You get the gist. As everything officially comes back online, I like to see and hear options for going. Is it possible to take an unexpected quick trip down? Or should I just plan for some Spring of 2023 Trip kinda thing?

😁

I miss my Happy Place!!
Well if the Virus had never happened and Disney had just decided in the goodness of their heart to limit the number of people that they allowed in the park to some very low level then yes, prices would go up because the demand was high for the park and cutting supply would allow for a higher price... However you are forgetting that demand has dropped like a stone. It would not surprise me if Disney's daily capacity for the next few months will be lower than their new virus limited capacity... if that is true then they aren't going to be able to raise prices as the market would suggest that if they wanted full virus limited numbers they would need to lower the prices.

I visited an aunt a couple of weeks ago and where she lives there is an annual festival complete with a carnival. We normally visit her in around the same time each summer and the kids will go to the festival. This year I took them and it was as if we had stepped into another world. Where once we would have had to park in some place a half mile from the festival and walk to it, this year we parked right by it, I mean I could have rolled down my window and spit on it. The place probably had more people manning the booths and carnival than they had visitors. And this was in a state that was mask optional and where restaurants and bars were open for business. The reality is a large percent of the population isn't willing to risk going out and that is going to impact demand for places like Disney - demand is a key to whether you can raise prices and I don't think Disney can even if they want to.

AVeryDifferentDisneyDad

Original Poster
With the 14 day quarantine requirement entering the state, then, yes, that will severely limit the average family from taking advantage of the small crowds. But, I can only speak to my part of the East coast, there a whole lot of people around here that would go in a heartbeat...

But I am perplexed... I see people on social media driving down to the Keys left and right from the Carolinas. They stay, eat, party, etc then come back home after a few days of sun and fun.

Who is making anyone quarantine? If I land at Orlando Airport then show up at my Disney resort to check in... I am free to come and go? Guess the poster was right about us not living in a Police State.

Interesting....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom