Waldorf Astoria Shuttle

DisneyGirl3820

Original Poster
Hi, this is the first time our family will be staying off-site and the kids and I are not too thrilled (I like being on the monorail line), but my husband wants more of a vacation feel. Can anyone tell me about the Waldorf shuttle service to and from the hotel. Is it convenient to get to the parks or do they just drop you in a parking lot somewhere, is it fast or do you make a million stops, etc.
Thanks!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have yet to experience it first hand so take this with a grain of salt. From what I have heard it is one of the better off property shuttle services, but considering how bad they are as a rule, that is not saying much. From what I have been told it does a pickup at the Waldorf as well as its sister resort the Hilton and then heads to Disney. What I have not been able to find out is where they actually go in Disney. Many of the off property shuttles drop you at the TTC and require you to use Disney transportation from there. Given that they have a set schedule that varies from park to park I think they might have a dedicated bus for each park, but I would not quote me on that. About the biggest disadvantage is that they do not continue to run buses way after closing like Disney does. If you miss that last bus, you have to grab a cab.

Like I said earlier, all this information is second and third hand, so do not take it as the gospel.

DisneyGirl3820

Original Poster
Thank you very much for the information, Master Yoda. I didn't realize some shuttle services off-site were that bad. Hoping this one works out. Thankful for your response, I am.

JCtheparrothead

I am a Wyndham Bonnett creek owner (right next to Waldorf) and we have used the bus before. Here is their schedule.

There are several buses that run back and forth to the parks so you are never waiting for 1 bus to make the whole circuit. The buses travel to MK, AK, Epcot, DHS, and DTD.

The MK bus travels back and forth on a 30 minute schedule. There is a driver break between 11:30m and 1pm, then the buses travel every hour until Dinner (roughly 630) then they resume every 30 minutes until 1 hour after the park closes.

The Epcot, AK, and DHS buses travel every hour for the whole day. They start 1hour before and 1 hour after the parks open and close.

The DTD bus travels every 2 hours and start 1 hour after DTD opens and closes.

If you ever get caught in a jam or need to get back between the bus schedule you can look for the Bonnett Creek bus. The BC resort is right next door to WA and The Hilton and you can walk from there easily. The WA has really nice buses though. I would prefer them to the Disney transportation or the BC buses.

have a good time. It is a really nice hotel.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The Waldorf schedule is currently:

MK - from 8:20am, every 30 mins, at 20 past, and 50 past the hour, until 1 hour after park close

Epcot - from 9:05am, every hour until 8:05pm

Studios - from 9:15am, every hour until 7:15pm

AK - from 8:40am, every hour until 5:40pm

teacher2

Hi, this is the first time our family will be staying off-site and the kids and I are not too thrilled (I like being on the monorail line), but my husband wants more of a vacation feel. Can anyone tell me about the Waldorf shuttle service to and from the hotel. Is it convenient to get to the parks or do they just drop you in a parking lot somewhere, is it fast or do you make a million stops, etc.
Thanks!
I see that you have planned to stay off site. I always have stayed onsite but want to save some money this time. Could you let me know if you did stay at the Waldorf and how it was. I have not planned it yet but want to go this coming August 2013. I am like you I have always been on monorail line or boats...

DisneyGirl3820

Original Poster
Hi, yes, we stayed at the Waldorf and it was a nice hotel but I'm not sure if we would do it again. I found the buses to be a pain. You have to stick with the schedule and the bus drops you off for the MK in the transportation parking lot so you STILL have to take the monorail. We're going back this Fall and I have been rethinking staying off-site again. When we were on the monroail line life was SO easy ;-) I felt very disconnected with everything staying off-site and I didn't even feel like I was at Disney World. Good luck with your trip planning!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom