waitlist...

DEJ

Original Poster
Has anyone out there experienced being on the waitlist? I was put on it some time ago, but just the other day I went to log into my dashboard and noticed they have posted the job again? I was told I was in consideration and just needed to wait for an opening. Hoping they offer it to me and maybe they posted it to get more applicants?

macefamily

It's crazy in our house because my son was accepted for custodial in the fall, but my daughter hasn't heard anything yet. My son has until Sunday to accept, but it's contingent on my daughter receiving an offer and accepting. The thing is, my daughter was a lifeguard last fall at The Contemporary and left in good standing. Not sure why she's not getting an offer. Hang in there. Many people on the waitlist eventually receive an offer.

DEJ

Original Poster
It's crazy in our house because my son was accepted for custodial in the fall, but my daughter hasn't heard anything yet. My son has until Sunday to accept, but it's contingent on my daughter receiving an offer and accepting. The thing is, my daughter was a lifeguard last fall at The Contemporary and left in good standing. Not sure why she's not getting an offer. Hang in there. Many people on the waitlist eventually receive an offer.

I worked for Disney way back in 2009 and left in good standing as well. I was told by my recruiter that I qualified for the position but just have to wait for an opening. But then when I see the job being advertised its nerve wracking. Its also so hard to get any sort of answers from disney, good luck, I hope they both get an offer!

DEJ

Original Poster
This is for anyone who stumbles upon this thread in the future and is looking for answers about being placed on the waitlist. I originally applied for a Disney World job about 6 months ago, 3 months ago I was interviewed and placed on the waitlist, and just a few days ago I received an offer of employment. It is nerve wracking and scary to be on the waitlist, but patience truly is a virtue, and the time will come. I was even concerned because the job I was waitlisted for was posted again on the career website, but alas, I got an offer, and I couldn't be happier. Good luck to everyone trying to get a job!

macefamily

My son officially accepted this weekend. We paid his deposit so he's locked in. The daughter was down there with her boyfriend last year in the College Program so they had each other. But my son is going down solo. There were four friends who interviewed and three of them received offers, but in the end, they all backed out. I guess we'll have to make a few trips from PA this fall and head to FL to visit him.
Congrats on getting your Disney offer.

HauntedMansionFLA

This is for anyone who stumbles upon this thread in the future and is looking for answers about being placed on the waitlist. I originally applied for a Disney World job about 6 months ago, 3 months ago I was interviewed and placed on the waitlist, and just a few days ago I received an offer of employment. It is nerve wracking and scary to be on the waitlist, but patience truly is a virtue, and the time will come. I was even concerned because the job I was waitlisted for was posted again on the career website, but alas, I got an offer, and I couldn't be happier. Good luck to everyone trying to get a job!
What area did you get offered or did you have options? Congratulations

Fexizian813

Has anyone out there experienced being on the waitlist? I was put on it some time ago, but just the other day I went to log into my dashboard and noticed they have posted the job again? I was told I was in consideration and just needed to wait for an opening. Hoping they offer it to me and maybe they posted it to get more applicants?
Call and ask them to have your recruiter call you find out why that is

Fexizian813

I worked for Disney way back in 2009 and left in good standing as well. I was told by my recruiter that I qualified for the position but just have to wait for an opening. But then when I see the job being advertised its nerve wracking. Its also so hard to get any sort of answers from disney, good luck, I hope they both get an offer!
I would call Disney castings and ask them to have the recruiter get in touch with you they will call you back

Fexizian813

I would call castings if that’s the case

Fexizian813

I am on wait list and getting frustrated because I have a lot of experience and I hear other people getting hired in other rolls or for Star Wars park in retail stores

I am on wait list and getting frustrated because I have a lot of experience and I hear other people getting hired in other rolls or for Star Wars park in retail stores

THIS!! Very much this! I applied around the beginning of May, and when I had my interview on May 23rd (I believe),I had said that I could start in August. Well, my availability changed at the beginning of June. So I got in contact with my recruiter and changed it. So finally the other day, I got an email asking if I was still interested to stay on the waitlist. I of course said yes. Today, I looked on the careers site, and saw that the job I’m waiting for: Full Time Custodial, was open today but had since then closed. I’m just full of anxiety. I keep watching my email like a hawk because I was originally told when my start time was in August, that I’d hear back either before that start date or after. The waiting game is so fun.🙃

Fexizian813

THIS!! Very much this! I applied around the beginning of May, and when I had my interview on May 23rd (I believe),I had said that I could start in August. Well, my availability changed at the beginning of June. So I got in contact with my recruiter and changed it. So finally the other day, I got an email asking if I was still interested to stay on the waitlist. I of course said yes. Today, I looked on the careers site, and saw that the job I’m waiting for: Full Time Custodial, was open today but had since then closed. I’m just full of anxiety. I keep watching my email like a hawk because I was originally told when my start time was in August, that I’d hear back either before that start date or after. The waiting game is so fun.🙃
I would call castings and ask them to have your recruiter call you back and tell the recruiter you saw an opening on Disney web site maybe the recruiter can help you

Thank you for telling me that! That’s a great idea! I was thinking about calling tomorrow anyway because I was wondering if the job being removed was for me or someone else! So having them tell the recruiter to call me back is a much better idea! I will let you all know how it goes!

Albert12345

I was also put in the waitlist about a week ago for part time ride/ attractions. Does anyone know how long the waitlist typically is. I hope it’s soon.

Fexizian813

I was also put in the waitlist about a week ago for part time ride/ attractions. Does anyone know how long the waitlist typically is. I hope it’s soon.
Hi
If you don’t get a email in 6 months from the date of your interview you have to reapply again.It happened to me the first time I applied I had to reapply Twice good luck I hope we all on wait list don’t have to do that

Fexizian813

I would call castings and ask about her application and explain the situation and see maybe she missed an email from them

Fexizian813

Hi how do you see on the dash board that they put job postings I usually go to there web site to see the job openings

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom