Waitlist advice

Mallowdogs

Original Poster
I applied for a Disney security role on December 29th 2018. During my phone interview, I told the interviewer that I would not be able to start till around February 15th. She said that my time frame was fine. She then said I might not get the offer of employment today (January 7th, 2019) but I’ll get it soon. The next day I got an email saying I was put on the waitlist for a security role. She also said that if anything changes to let her know. So acouple weeks after my phone interview I called the job line and told them my time table has been moved up a week to around February 6-8 and the person said they would email my interviewer that. Fast forward to today (February 6th, 2019) and I still haven’t received an offer yet. I also see that they are doing an online job fair for security today because they need people. I’m starting to get really frustrated. Has anyone ever experienced anything close to this? The thing I’m most frustrated about is the person that interviewed me made it sound like I would get an offer really soon and never even said the word “waitlist” during the phone interview.

PS: I have an associates degree in criminal justice and I have a Florida drivers license. So nothing should be holding me back.

tbfl19

I applied for a Disney security role on December 29th 2018. During my phone interview, I told the interviewer that I would not be able to start till around February 15th. She said that my time frame was fine. She then said I might not get the offer of employment today (January 7th, 2019) but I’ll get it soon. The next day I got an email saying I was put on the waitlist for a security role. She also said that if anything changes to let her know. So acouple weeks after my phone interview I called the job line and told them my time table has been moved up a week to around February 6-8 and the person said they would email my interviewer that. Fast forward to today (February 6th, 2019) and I still haven’t received an offer yet. I also see that they are doing an online job fair for security today because they need people. I’m starting to get really frustrated. Has anyone ever experienced anything close to this? The thing I’m most frustrated about is the person that interviewed me made it sound like I would get an offer really soon and never even said the word “waitlist” during the phone interview.

PS: I have an associates degree in criminal justice and I have a Florida drivers license. So nothing should be holding me back.
I'm kind of experiencing the same thing. Interviewed today and the Recruiter said she was supporting/recommending me for the role. I had some travel plans for May, but after getting home (and realizing I've waited SO long for a WDW position to come up), I decided to rearrange. I called the job line, they emailed the recruiter, but that whole "we'll keep your info on file for 6 months - if you don't hear anything within 6 months, reapply" thing keeps echoing in my mind...

Since it has been a few months since you posted this, do you have an update? Did you ever get offered the job?? I'm interested to hear... especially since they had a security H/H position on the job boards a few weeks ago. Let me know! :)

Fexizian813

I would call castings before your 6 months from time of interview or you have to reapply again but call castings ask to talk to supervisor or tell them to have the recruiter call you back

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom