waiting for October pricing..

bjlc57

We are just about under our 6 month window for some reservations and yet there is no October pricing as of yet.. and i am concerned.. No deals at all right now.. and there are 9 of us going.. why is the pricing so late?

bjlc57

Original Poster
very very disappointed in the offer from Disney..VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED.. 10% off during a slow time.. when at Christmas i could get 20% off .if not more.. VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED..

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

very very disappointed in the offer from Disney..VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED.. 10% off during a slow time.. when at Christmas i could get 20% off .if not more.. VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED..
What is this “slow time“ you speak of? There is no slow time anymore. With MNSSHP in Aug-Oct, those months are a huge draw now, especially in October when kids have already been in school for a month or two and parents are not worried about taking them out for a few days.

Your logic of a bigger discount during the holiday does not hold true.
Just for an example-not actual rates:

Oct $300 per night with 10% off is $270
Dec $400 per night (holiday rate) with 20% off is $320

The “bigger” discount doesn’t always mean more savings.

Upvote 0

bjlc57

Original Poster
Except it's not a slow time. October has become one of the busiest months of the year for WDW.
how is it that every day i read in the newspaper or hear on tv that the parks are down in attendance? which one is it.. are they "extremely busy? or are they slow? " checking the disney stock.. which is now below 90 dollars a share.. it seems that slow is answer... and again.. booking for 9 people.. if the pricing is so crazy HOW CAN THEY EXPECT US TO COME AGAIN? i am committed to this trip.. but my daughter has 3 kids.. right now it looks like they are going to spend 10 grand to come on one vacation.. and they are cutting cost as much as possible..staying at pop.. fighting for the lowest air fare.. but now where as everything was inclusive ( Magical Express) its all an add on.. its crazy pricing right now..

Upvote 0

Disstevefan1

We are just about under our 6 month window for some reservations and yet there is no October pricing as of yet.. and i am concerned.. No deals at all right now.. and there are 9 of us going.. why is the pricing so late?
Its possible since October is now a more desirable time to go, there will be no October deals?

Our family knew for decades Sept and October are great times to go.

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

how is it that every day i read in the newspaper or hear on tv that the parks are down in attendance? which one is it.. are they "extremely busy? or are they slow? " checking the disney stock.. which is now below 90 dollars a share.. it seems that slow is answer... and again.. booking for 9 people.. if the pricing is so crazy HOW CAN THEY EXPECT US TO COME AGAIN? i am committed to this trip.. but my daughter has 3 kids.. right now it looks like they are going to spend 10 grand to come on one vacation.. and they are cutting cost as much as possible..staying at pop.. fighting for the lowest air fare.. but now where as everything was inclusive ( Magical Express) its all an add on.. its crazy pricing right now..
And it is here to stay. They don’t really care if you come again. There is a steady stream of first timers right behind you that know no difference and pay the current prices without a temper tantrum.

Upvote 0

bwr827

how is it that every day i read in the newspaper or hear on tv that the parks are down in attendance? which one is it.. are they "extremely busy? or are they slow? " checking the disney stock.. which is now below 90 dollars a share.. it seems that slow is answer...
You’re not really making sense. It can be slow right now and busy (or busier) 3 months from now in October.

Upvote 0
And it is here to stay. They don’t really care if you come again. There is a steady stream of first timers right behind you that know no difference and pay the current prices without a temper tantrum.
The last times I went to WDW: 2009, 2012 and 2016. We are going this fall in 2024 and are paying through the nose for the "big experience." Same for those previous trips.

But I know being "back" and "paying attention again," I'm coming to terms with the price points and the loss of the little things. We're really being nickel and dimed in a way that I'd expect from a County Fair experience. But what do they lose?

How about my 2029 trip. My 2033 trip. I already know those aren't happening if i see the seams like this.

I will do alot to make sure my family and i have a great time. but instead of shooting the moon once every four or five years, it'll be once every ten. Or just once more. Or maybe never again. Depends on the kids at this point. . . but I know I won't be driving the enthusiasm bus into the station anymore and its a big wide world.

Kinda sad. I wish the people in charge could read this.

Upvote 0

bjlc57

Original Poster
so basically if you are not a kool aid drinker.. whereas every thing disney is perfect .. you get admonished here.. and i dont understand that thinking.. and this was not WALT"S belief as well.. Walt always felt the parks were for every one and not the ultrarich.. but i guess if i speak my onions so to speak i will get criticized.. and that's a shame because we all should be pulling for what the parks are supposed to be as opposed to the direction they are going..

Upvote 0

bwr827

so basically if you are not a kool aid drinker.. whereas every thing disney is perfect .. you get admonished here.. and i dont understand that thinking.. and this was not WALT"S belief as well.. Walt always felt the parks were for every one and not the ultrarich.. but i guess if i speak my onions so to speak i will get criticized.. and that's a shame because we all should be pulling for what the parks are supposed to be as opposed to the direction they are going..
I’m sorry this has been your experience. It may be a misunderstanding, as I think I and others thought you were seeking input or insights into your plans and possibility of discounts.

It sounds now like all you really wanted was to vent. And maybe to have others chime in with “Yeah, Disney sucks!”

If that’s what you’re looking for, there are many threads where you can find those comments.

Upvote 0

MarissaBullock

I totally get your frustration. Planning a trip for 9 people is no joke, and waiting on those October prices is stressful. From my experience, Disney sometimes drags their feet on releasing prices and deals, especially if they’re anticipating a high-demand season. It sucks when you’re trying to lock everything down. My advice? Keep an eye on the website and maybe even set up some alerts if you can. Also, don’t hesitate to call Disney’s customer service – they can sometimes give you a heads up on when the prices will drop. Fingers crossed for some good deals soon! Hang in there!join some Disney planning groups on Facebook or forums – people often share when they spot new deals. It can be really helpful to have a community looking out for you.

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

I totally get your frustration. Planning a trip for 9 people is no joke, and waiting on those October prices is stressful. From my experience, Disney sometimes drags their feet on releasing prices and deals, especially if they’re anticipating a high-demand season. It sucks when you’re trying to lock everything down. My advice? Keep an eye on the website and maybe even set up some alerts if you can. Also, don’t hesitate to call Disney’s customer service – they can sometimes give you a heads up on when the prices will drop. Fingers crossed for some good deals soon! Hang in there!join some Disney planning groups on Facebook or forums – people often share when they spot new deals. It can be really helpful to have a community looking out for you.
October-timed/fall/winter discounts have already dropped. The OP doesn't like them.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom