Waiters/Waitresses Question

mortimor

Original Poster
Does anyone have any knowledge on the procedure for becoming a server in one of the table service restaurants. I have always thought that would be a fun place to work. I would think the servers would make a fare amount of money off of tips. I have seen the related jobs on the employment website and I am guessing most of the positions are filled from within with people moving up from the kitchen or host positions.

csaribay

Does anyone have any knowledge on the procedure for becoming a server in one of the table service restaurants. I have always thought that would be a fun place to work. I would think the servers would make a fare amount of money off of tips. I have seen the related jobs on the employment website and I am guessing most of the positions are filled from within with people moving up from the kitchen or host positions.

There is a very large internal waiting list for tipped food and beverage positions at Walt Disney World. All current Cast Members on this list, regardless of whether or not they are in food and beverage or have any experience, will receive open roles (based on union seniority) before any external candidates.

I realize that this is probably not the news you want to hear, but the bottom line is the following: at this current time, in order to be placed into a tipped role at a food and beverage location, you will need to first be a Cast Member and attain a substantive base of union seniority in another hourly role. Tipped roles in full service food and beverage locations are in high demand as they are ones where there is a very real potential of high earnings - relative to other operations roles at Disney.

mastif

I too have always wondered this. Thanks for shedding some light. I was thinking of moving back to the area, and have been seasonal a few years. Guess that will help!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom