Waited for bus in rain for 45 min before reaching covered area…

Djsfantasi

I read all sorts of horror stories on this forum. With one exception, I’ve never had a disaster. 1) I rarely if even stay to park closing 2) I never try to get on the first buses to anywhere 3) I’ve always got the first bus to arrive. The one disaster was at Animal Kingdom where there was an hour+ delay before a bus arrived.

Ricky Spanish

So basically we're back to pre pandemic experiences?
Its always been my family's rule of thumb that if you can't swiftly weave through the crowds at closing then duck into a gift shop for 15 minutes and then don't break your legs on the way to the bus and you'll find one waiting for you to hop right on.
We did this when we were there earlier this month.
MK closed at 9pm. We would take our time walking down Main Street and either find a bench or sit by the planters by where they rent wheelchairs and scooters.
As we enjoyed a cool drink, we watched the crowd empty out.
When the people were gone we walked over to the ASMovies bus stop and got right on the bus.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
We did this when we were there earlier this month.
MK closed at 9pm. We would take our time walking down Main Street and either find a bench or sit by the planters by where they rent wheelchairs and scooters.
As we enjoyed a cool drink, we watched the crowd empty out.
When the people were gone we walked over to the ASMovies bus stop and got right on the bus.

We were known for doing this back in the day when staying offsite as well. We have so many pics of our car being the only one left in the area lol.

AFoodie

At least some of you folks are here on vacay and only have to deal with the Florida rain during your trip. We have to live it every summer, day after day.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
At least some of you folks are here on vacay and only have to deal with the Florida rain during your trip. We have to live it every summer, day after day.
1625143018808.png

G00fyDad

Sure keeps the water bill down to get that St Augustine grass thick and green!
All I remember about living in Jacksonville was that sand was everywhere. E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E. :( Our backyard had some grass but it was not thick and lush. LOL

Freddie46

Meanwhile, my part of the country is experiencing unseasonably high temps and drought. Fire danger is high and we’ve already had several forest fires; something we don’t normally have to worry about until at least August.

When we get to Florida, we usually have our fingers crossed for a Florida rainstorm! Our first trip had one (late Feb in 2015). We were prepared with ponchos though. While the majority of the people left the park (AK), we stayed and enjoyed no wait times on anything. After 2-3 times on Everest, they stopped making us get off and go through the que to get back on. We just stayed in our seats for the next ride. It was amazing! We were soaked, but had a blast!

Smiley/OCD

It's not any better waiting for the Skyliner...we were there in May staying at POP, and had no choice but to take the Skyliner to HWD and Epcot...the lines were horrible!! (I understand at that time they weren't loading to full capacity), but there SHOULD be busing options to those 2 parks. Maybe run the buses every 30 mins., but give guests a choice. The way the lines were set up at IG, not only do you have the rain to deal with, but with no coverings, you've got the hot sun to bake you waiting as well. The lines for the transfer at CBR were no better.

Lilofan

Meanwhile, my part of the country is experiencing unseasonably high temps and drought. Fire danger is high and we’ve already had several forest fires; something we don’t normally have to worry about until at least August.

When we get to Florida, we usually have our fingers crossed for a Florida rainstorm! Our first trip had one (late Feb in 2015). We were prepared with ponchos though. While the majority of the people left the park (AK), we stayed and enjoyed no wait times on anything. After 2-3 times on Everest, they stopped making us get off and go through the que to get back on. We just stayed in our seats for the next ride. It was amazing! We were soaked, but had a blast!
FL is getting their daily rainstorms and Hurricane Elsa impacting the state earlier in the week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom