Wait while I take a picture, I cant eat any more, NO KIDS! Sept 2012 Trip Report

If you need a little background on me any my wife please visit my Pre Trip Report HERE.

So with no more delay here it goes.....

We had counted down from 344 days for our arrival day. Finally it was here and all was set. So we hit the road around 8am EST and headed I-75 Sound Bound!!

i-gm5Bh9f-M.jpg

Not too eventful during our trip. However I must point out while needing to fuel up before leaving Georgia we decided to visit what we felt was a pretty good deal on fuel. $3.69 per gallon.

i-N8J7NK8-M.jpg

After I swiped my card and started fueling I noticed the price was a lot different from what was on the sign. I told my wife. Wow this gas is $3.74 a gallon. Confused I kept pumping and started looking around. Then my eyes were finally able to focus on the VERY tiny notice on the right side of the HUGE Citgo sign. Notice picture zoomed in below...

i-4GWTHKb-M.jpg

Needless to say when you first get into Valdosta, GA and see a Citgo gas station, just drive a few mile further down and you will find plenty of gas stations with the same pricing and no need to pay with cash or a special gas card. Stay away from Citgo!!

Anyway nothing was going to get me upset so off we go with a tank full of gas and before we knew it....

i-7tSQLhQ-M.jpg

The Florida State line and Ron Jon Surf shop signs!!! Ahead of schedule and making great time!

Of course my first stop when entering Florida is...

i-MB458Xn-M.jpg

Thats right!! The I-75 Florida Welcome Center!!

i-9SvdBjC-M.jpg

Nothing like finally being back in Florida! This is by far my most favorite State Welcome Center!

Pat was kind enough to offer me a free cup of Orange Juice and Grapefruit Juice.

i-V59FMkL-M.jpg

After that its always fun browsing the brochures.

i-mXLMx4K-M.jpg

So we are back on our way and once we get on the Florida Turnpike the signs point the way!

i-FMX9nSx-M.jpg

But before you can get there you have to pay the toll!!

i-3hK7N8c-M.jpg

And once you go through a lengthy countdown and make all your ADR's and travel all that way...

You arrive here........

i-GrF5WL9-M.jpg

ctosh

Love your report!! The photos are great!! I love the O'hana food pics... we have never done the dinner but it's on the top of our list for the next trip.
Looking forward to the next posting!!

nngrendel

Original Poster
Love your report!! The photos are great!! I love the O'hana food pics... we have never done the dinner but it's on the top of our list for the next trip.
Looking forward to the next posting!!

I would recommend you putting it on the top of your list. Its worth it. Just be hungry.

And thanks for the compliments.

DisneyFreakEst1994

Ohana and Night of Joy all on your arrival day??? I'm so jealous. I was desperately trying to go to Night of Joy but no one would go with me. Hopefully next year. Also, I love your trip report! Keep it coming!

nngrendel

Original Poster
Ohana and Night of Joy all on your arrival day??? I'm so jealous. I was desperately trying to go to Night of Joy but no one would go with me. Hopefully next year. Also, I love your trip report! Keep it coming!
I agree. I only wish I had a day of rest after a 7 hour drive to really enjoy Night of Joy. We were pretty tired and ended up leaving before Third Day was finished. Just a very long day.

nngrendel

Original Poster
LOVING THIS TRIP REPORT!!! and plus...I TOO AM A CARNIVORE ;) the sunrise photo is by far my fave shot so far. Thats the sort of photo i want to take on my next visit! keep it coming :)
Thanks. Its one of my favorites too. If I had not stayed extremely late at the MK to get shots of Main Street empty this might be my fav.

Just so everyone knows this is a HDR merge of three shots.

nngrendel

Original Poster
that POP photo is beautiful!!!!
Thanks. Got up early before the rain started. Rained all morning and didnt stop until sometime after lunch. However the clouds were perfect for some sun rise shots. Wish I would have stayed out longer but needed coffee. :)

minnielaw

Yay!! Can't believe your trip has already come and gone! We started our countdown at 345 days and now we are 11 days out!!

I am so pumped to read this TR...I cannot wait until we do our first WDW trip without the kiddos.

Pictures are gorgeous and in 18 days that Banana Bread Pudding has my name all over it!! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom