Wait....What??....FP+ for BoG??

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
For a restaurant?! People use 1 of their 3 allotted daily FP+ for a restaurant? To eat? Or is the BoG FP+ in addition to the 3 for the day? Sorry, I know very little about any of this. I keep seeing the BoG FP+ postings and I'm like "Whaaaaa?!?!" :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
But be careful, remember if you pre-order your meals/pay and have a change of heart or change your plans remember to cancel those reservations and meal choices as your account will be debited if you no-show. Ouch.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Soooooo what is the purpose of making it a FP+ vs an ADR? I think I'm missing something. LOL!

Thanks for not burning me at the stake for not knowing. Most of the conversation seems to be about the availability so I wasn't sure. I couldn't imagine people would use 1 of their precious 3 for lunch. ;)

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
But be careful, remember if you pre-order your meals/pay and have a change of heart or change your plans remember to cancel those reservations and meal choices as your account will be debited if you no-show. Ouch.
Won't be a problem here specifically but good general info to have out there. ;)

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Did they change it? Cause if they did that is great! Can I get a refund? lol
No clue. I make sorta a feable little effort to keep up with what's what but the specifics I really don't know. I haven't really been on a WDW vacation in a few years and, with all I've read about MM+ etc, I don't particularly want to plan for or go on one. I just saw BoG FP+ mentioned in passing a few times and I wondered about it. ;)

TheMouseFan

Soooooo what is the purpose of making it a FP+ vs an ADR? I think I'm missing something. LOL!

Thanks for not burning me at the stake for not knowing. Most of the conversation seems to be about the availability so I wasn't sure. I couldn't imagine people would use 1 of their precious 3 for lunch. ;)
Kelly, you can still get an ADR for dinner, but lunch is quick service and the line to get in tends to build really fast, so they are offering some people a FP+ to bypass the line. You are supposed to wait for an email invite, but the website is well known on here, so people are able to get them ahead of time. We had one for our November trip and it was really nice being able to just walk in. You are able to place your order ahead of time and then theoretically can just go right to your table to wait for your food. In practice, they haven't been able to retrieve anyone's order once they check in, and you have to join the shorter line inside to place your order before going to your table.

durangojim

You can do it two ways - 1. Just make a FP+ arrival time window and show up during that time, go in, place your order, and find a seat.
The other way is 2. Still choose a time but order everything before you arrive.

MissM

Of note: I am a FL resident AP and just got invited to participate in the AP FP+ test. I tried to login on the link but it still asked for a reservation number. (Which obviously, I don't have.) So this is one thing where you still NEED a resort stay on the books before it lets you schedule apparently.

Party of 5

Of note: I am a FL resident AP and just got invited to participate in the AP FP+ test. I tried to login on the link but it still asked for a reservation number. (Which obviously, I don't have.) So this is one thing where you still NEED a resort stay on the books before it lets you schedule apparently.
I just saw another thread for AP's having the same prob. One was told to wait until you get your band to activate(?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom