Wait time for Seven Dwarfs?

Beckett

Original Poster
Hi! :) First of all, I'm new here, and I have to say thank you for all of the advice on this page.:)

I wanted to know, how long is the wait time without fastpasses for the new Seven Dwarfs ride? And are there many possibilities of actually getting a fastpass for it online? If this has been asked before, sorry!:angelic:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
If you plan to ride it without a fast pass either...
1. get there right at park open and your wait will kind of depend on how fast your can get there.
2. ride it whenever and deal with the 75+ minute wait times
or
3. get in line right at the end of the night, at park close. We did this and it was about 30 minutes for us to get on.

kalel8145

We just got back. July 3rd to July 12th. We went to MK twice. Wait time for the mine train was never less than 75 min both times we were there. We luckily had 3 FPs for it.

Metilinos

Is it worth the 75 minute wait? We plan on going for the long weekend of October 10-13. Gonna get a fast pass for it but in the event we for some reason can't. Well.

BigTxEars

I would wait 45 mins or so, I love the ride but I am not a good person at waiting :( But if you are then I would go ahead and wait the 60 to 75 mins to ride it. I think you will enjoy it.

It also matters when you are going back after this trip. If you are going again soon you can wait and ride it next trip, if you are not going back soon then ride it this time for sure.

Metilinos

I'm gonna aim to go again for a full week+ in March but I think I may hit it this time around. I love the movie and my girlfriend is really interested in it. Plus the whole idea of the mine and the shining gems gets me all stoked to see it :p I dunno why.

Aurora1

Hi! :) First of all, I'm new here, and I have to say thank you for all of the advice on this page.:)

I wanted to know, how long is the wait time without fastpasses for the new Seven Dwarfs ride? And are there many possibilities of actually getting a fastpass for it online? If this has been asked before, sorry!:angelic:

Just came back a few days ago and both days we spent at the MK, the line was 60 minutes at the shortest, and that was at 12AM. I got FP+ ahead of time, but I heard one person mention that they got a FP+ right as they walked in the gate.

BigTxEars

I'm gonna aim to go again for a full week+ in March but I think I may hit it this time around. I love the movie and my girlfriend is really interested in it. Plus the whole idea of the mine and the shining gems gets me all stoked to see it :p I dunno why.

Oh the shinning gems were awesome :)

disney4life2008

We just got back. July 3rd to July 12th. We went to MK twice. Wait time for the mine train was never less than 75 min both times we were there. We luckily had 3 FPs for it.

were the 3 FP all on the same day? for my august trip i am showing almost no availability so I am trying to figure out if I will be able to get another FP+ for it the day of

cw1982

were the 3 FP all on the same day? for my august trip i am showing almost no availability so I am trying to figure out if I will be able to get another FP+ for it the day of

I would say odds of getting a FP the day of are next to null. In your case, chances may be a bit better since you're going solo, but DH and I were only 2 people and we couldn't get any times to show up even two days out. They may come and go as people change their plans, but at that stage of the game you'd have to be pretty persistent and be willing to take whatever time you can get. Odds are probably better at about 1-3 weeks out IMO.

Good luck!

disney4life2008

I would say odds of getting a FP the day of are next to null. In your case, chances may be a bit better since you're going solo, but DH and I were only 2 people and we couldn't get any times to show up even two days out. They may come and go as people change their plans, but at that stage of the game you'd have to be pretty persistent and be willing to take whatever time you can get. Odds are probably better at about 1-3 weeks out IMO.

Good luck!

Agreed. Its funny at a little over 30 days out the ride had the whole day to choose from. I tried to change my time yesterday and everything is gone except for the final hour or two of the night.

cw1982

Agreed. Its funny at a little over 30 days out the ride had the whole day to choose from. I tried to change my time yesterday and everything is gone except for the final hour or two of the night.

Honestly, I loved riding it at night! There was something cool about being on the ride in the dark that IMO just wouldn't have been the same in the daylight. I wouldn't hold my breath for getting an extra fastpass for it, but if you happen to have done everything else you want during the day and feel like trying to ride during Wishes one night, the line might be a little shorter (albeit not significantly, but still...) and it might be worth it.

StarWarsGirl

Back in June, 2 hours all day and at 1 am still 50 minutes, and the park was not crowded. At 1 am everything else was 10 minutes or less.

Either get a FP or hit it first thing.
FPs day of will not happen for 7DMT. If you plan on riding it more than once, you will need to combine getting a FP with hitting it as soon as you enter the park or right before closing, preferably not on an EMH night. As far as booking a FP, just keep trying. Something will most likely open up before you get there. You can even try once you get there. Just don't count on getting more than one per day.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
There is some shade in the queue because there are a lot of trees and then when you get closer you are under cover. There are also a lot of fans in the forest area of the queue, which are good because it kept me cool but bad because it messed up my hair.

R W B

Is it worth the 75 minute wait? We plan on going for the long weekend of October 10-13. Gonna get a fast pass for it but in the event we for some reason can't. Well.
It's worth what ever you want it to be. I waited 2 hours for test track on my last trip but I know not everyone will. I personally won't wait 15 min for Peter Pan but others will wait 45+. It's all personal preference.

minniemickeyfan

Thank you all for your answers :happy: another quick question: is the wait area for the ride in the shade?
The first part of the line wanders outside and part of its shaded. There are lots of fans. I was surprised at the number of fans going too. The 2 times we rode in June there were cast members with a cart full of cups of ice water they were handing out, very nice. The line also goes inside quite a bit too with some interactive things to do so it's not so bad. Our 75 min wait was actually 60 and seemed to fly by. The ride is definitely worth the wait too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom