Voyage of the Little Mermaid show

solrpowr

Original Poster
Is it true that the Voyage of the Little Mermaid will be closing sometime in late 2007? :veryconfu I've heard that it was going on Broadway but don't if it's closing at the Studios. It's been there for a long time, almost 13 or 14 years. :lookaroun

Chape19714

No news on Mermaid right now. Although it is old, it is still a very popular attraction and still features FastPass. I doubt it's going anywhere, reguardless of it's broadway future.

Tigger1988

I haven't heard anything about it going to Broadway, with the new Tarzan show and Mary Poppins opening in Oct I doubt it will anytime soon. Correct me if im wrong

Chape19714

Tigger1988 said:
I haven't heard anything about it going to Broadway, with the new Tarzan show and Mary Poppins opening in Oct I doubt it will anytime soon. Correct me if im wrong
They are looking at 2008 for Mermaid on B-Way.

Imaginationeer

This show isn't going anywhere, in fact ive heard it is closing in September 2007 to add new effects that will be used in FNM at Animal Kingdom. Also, this is perhaps the most popular show in all of WDW.

barnum42

solrpowr said:
Is it true that the Voyage of the Little Mermaid will be closing sometime in late 2007? :veryconfu I've heard that it was going on Broadway but don't if it's closing at the Studios. It's been there for a long time, almost 13 or 14 years. :lookaroun
Beauty and the Beast has been on Broadway for several years without the show at the Studios being affected, so I doubt Broadway will be a factor on whether Mermaid closes or not at the studios.

Chape19714

Imaginationeer said:
This show isn't going anywhere, in fact ive heard it is closing in September 2007 to add new effects that will be used in FNM at Animal Kingdom. Also, this is perhaps the most popular show in all of WDW.
The Most pupular show is currently Festival of the Lion King, but Mermaid is possibly in the Top 5, nightime spectaculars exculded, of coarse.

darthjohnny

I've never heard of that. Although the Tarzan show at Animal Kingdom closed and they plan to open a Tarzan show on Broadway(or is it already open?) Voyage of the Little Mermaid is very popular. It isn't going anywhere!

Aurora8305

it is, a friend of mine just got back from New York and while there she went and saw it. But the reviews I've read haven't been positive like beauty and the beast and lion king.

I have heard the Little Mermaid rumor and also one about Aladdin, which could be successfully done, considering that there is a performance of it at DCA similar to the beauty and the beast at MGM, it even has the flying carpet flying over the audiences head.

yeti said:
I've never heard anything about VoLM going on broadway :confused:

It won't be VOLM, but a full-scale musical version of the film. There have been workshops, new songs written, and a costume & movement lab was held in London last month. I doubt that the Broadway show would affect VOLM, and I'd be surprised if it did close - I waited quite a while for it last month, and the theater was pretty full.

(And yes, Tarzan opened in May.)

Chape19714

Aurora8305 said:
it is, a friend of mine just got back from New York and while there she went and saw it. But the reviews I've read haven't been positive like beauty and the beast and lion king.

I have heard the Little Mermaid rumor and also one about Aladdin, which could be successfully done, considering that there is a performance of it at DCA similar to the beauty and the beast at MGM, it even has the flying carpet flying over the audiences head.
The DCA Aladdin Show is absolutely nothing short of amazing! Absoultely great, add some more time to it and it's ready for B-Way.

Imaginationeer said:

Actually, I've always heard that Festival of the Lion King was rated the #1 show on Disney Property. It would be interesting to see them transform The Little Mermaid into something great on Broadway!

barnum42

darthjohnny said:
I've never heard of that. Although the Tarzan show at Animal Kingdom closed and they plan to open a Tarzan show on Broadway(or is it already open?)
Tarzan is already open on Broadway (to mixed reviews). One of the reasons the AK Tarzan closed is that it had a full equity cast and live band, making it expensive to run.

Mermaid has a small cast and a click track making it much cheaper to run.

Magicalan

Were the band in Tarzan Rocks really live? I have video of the lead guitarist, and what he's playing doesn't match up with what's heard.

Chape19714

Yep, they were live. The Keyboard Lady was (I Believe) our rehersal pianist at Candlelight last year. It looked just like her, and it fit, as Tarzan was already long done for the day. I am pretty sure they were live.

Legacy

Chape19714 said:
Yep, they were live. The Keyboard Lady was (I Believe) our rehersal pianist at Candlelight last year. It looked just like her, and it fit, as Tarzan was already long done for the day. I am pretty sure they were live.
Gloria?

I wouldn't be surprise since all she does for the resort is play piano wherever she is needed. She pretty much the lead pianist for them, and she's talented enough to do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom