• Yacht club

• Polynesian

• Grand Floridian

• Contemporary

• Swan

• Dolphin

Results are only viewable after voting.

pinnacle06

An aside: If your whole vacation experience revolves around "bus hell" and "agonizing waits", maybe a car rental is in order. Just sayin...

Maybe if we were staying in the all star resorts I would agree. Transportation should not be a concern staying in a deluxe.. It just shouldn't be. Just pointing out the fact that AKL does not come close to others in this respect.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Yacht Club, hands down. Absolutely perfect resort. Peaceful, quiet, beautiful lobby and rooms, excellent bars and restaurants, ALWAYS spotless, most friendly CMs, and great proximity to Epcot and HS. Also, they serve food very late at the lounges and ESPN Zone is open late as well. Good luck getting food after 11 pm at AKL.

We have stayed Club Level at many of the deluxes and again, YC wins without a doubt. I seriously think Disney secretly treats YC as the "flagship resort" rather than GF. Every time we have stayed Club Level it was more than just having the extra amenities. By day two the CM's knew what beer I preferred. When we would return for an afternoon break I didnt even have to ask, As I stepped off the elevator the CM would just ask how many Sam Adams I would like, lol, and even have a large bottle of Evian sent to the room for my wife. We get this type of service EVERY time at YC. Other deluxes have been hit or miss, even on club level.

Aside from the great service, the resort is always sparkling clean. BC is a great resort too, but YC has a more peaceful environment and you still have access to Stormalong Bay (the pool). The proximity to Epcot and HS eliminate the need for bus service there. For days at Epcot or HS it is extremely quick and easy to return to the room for a break or to swim.

I think @surfsupdon is 100% correct about AKL being voted more due to its price and more people have stayed there. Dont get me wrong, AKL is an amazing resort. We have stayed there many times and we love it but we have experienced horrendous bus service on more than one trip. We have had rooms that had amazing views of the Savannah but were a loooooooong walk from the front. We have returned at 10:45 to find The Mara already closing and no way to get a meal w/o driving somewhere or ordering pizza. Even though its a great resort, it has its drawbacks.

JusticeDisney

I have a question. I've heard time and time again how Disney gives its resorts a special "feel" or theme that sets its properties apart. If that's true, how do you explain the Contemporary doing so well in this poll?

216bruce

Maybe if we were staying in the all star resorts I would agree. Transportation should not be a concern staying in a deluxe.. It just shouldn't be. Just pointing out the fact that AKL does not come close to others in this respect.
We always are in Deluxe resorts and don't have a problem, including a few stays at AKL. Is the issue the transportation time, bus frequency, or just a sense that Deluxe occupants deserve more? Curious.

pinnacle06

It is a combination of all three. Not the deserve more part but I think part of staying at a deluxe resort should be first class transportation. It just seems that AKL has the worst transportation of any deluxe I have stayed at. Other deluxes have been great. It is in a tough location so should have more buses servicing the resort. Over an hour door to door to the magic kingdom is crazy. That was the norm this past week.

Pluto15

Original Poster
With almost 200 votes cast AKL remains the front runner and has been in poll position the entire time. I would really like to see if another 100 votes changes the position or it remains in the number one rank.

Both lodges have been the front runners. It's great reading everyone else's views and experiences.

Looking forward to my upcoming vacation to AKL :)

Little Green Men

I have a question. I've heard time and time again how Disney gives its resorts a special "feel" or theme that sets its properties apart. If that's true, how do you explain the Contemporary doing so well in this poll?
Because it's the only resort in the world that overlooks The Magic Kingdom, with a monorail that goes right inside of it, has some of the biggest rooms at WDW, is one of the few resorts where making the rooms more "modern" makes 100% thematic sense?

Pluto15

Original Poster
It is so cool to see that there is such a diverse showing in the polls.
I agree. I often hear that the only worthwhile delux are the MK loop resorts and whilst I think the three are great I personally love the lodges snd think they have so much to offer as a stand alone resort and also one in the heart of disney. I'm really surprised They have both been the lead the whole time in the poll even at 50 100 150 and 200 votes. I would love to get to 250 votes to see if the trend and split is the same. It's also so much fun reading everyone's posts.

Lucky

I think WL and AKL are getting a lot of votes because people are taking price into account. In terms of value for money they rank higher than if you're only comparing their amenities with other deluxes that go for twice as much.

Pluto15

Original Poster
I think WL and AKL are getting a lot of votes because people are taking price into account. In terms of value for money they rank higher than if you're only comparing their amenities with other deluxes that go for twice as much.

I agree but a vote for your favourite isn't akways the same as a vote for value for money

216bruce

After reading a few comments regarding price, expectations and price and "deluxeness" I'd add, for us, POR is right up there with WL and AKL. Theming, value, amenities and the all important 'boat that goes somewhere'. If it had been a DVC resort we probably would have bought there. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. (So is resort greatness).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom