Visiting WDW with 10

syst0aac

In the Spring of 2008 we are looking to take a whole family to the Park (3 couples and 4 kids) - and we would like to stay in the Park - and have some sort of suite where we can all share the same common area. Is there anything like this available in the Park?

Thanks in advance -

justducky78

Not really sure what you mean by "in the park" but if you mean somewhere on Disney property - sure, there are lots of places you can stay.

You can pretty much rent attached rooms at any of the resorts or better yet, rent a vacation villa at the Beach Club / Wilderness Lodge / etc... which offers 1-2 bedrooms, a sitting area, kitchen and 1-2 bathrooms.

It sort of depends on how much you're willing to spend and which resort you prefer.

Upvote 0
Yes, there are. The Disney Vacation Club has "villas," the 3-bedroom variety of which can accommodate up to 12. These villas have full kitchens and laundry facilities in the room. These may be available through Disney's travel arm, but you should check out disboards.com and the forum about renting DVC points. You should also contact Pam at Kingdom Konsultants; she knows everything.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

The only problem with renting points from a Disney Vacation Club member and renting a grand villa is that it'll still be pricey, really pricey. If you're talking Spring of 2008 during Spring Break, you're still talking about over 1000 dollars a day for a grand villa.

You may want to think about renting 2 cabins at Fort Wilderness. It's not exactly the same as sharing one biggish villa, but it'll save you hundreds of dollars a night, you can still have meals together as each cabin will have a kitchen, the "common area" will be campground area, but it'll feel like you're next-door neighbors as opposed to having hotel rooms next door to each other, there will be plenty for kids to do (character BBQs, petting zoo, bikes, tennis, campfires and outdoor double features), and the bufet breakfast is tasty and one of the best meal-deals on property.

This may explain it better (there are also plenty of links to info for all the other WDW resorts, including photos)

http://allearsnet.com/acc/faq_fw.htm

Upvote 0

browniebee

You can also ask if its possible to all have rooms close together, even if each room isn't directly next to each other, the Disney people are pretty good about room requests, like asking for rooms to be close to each other.

Upvote 0

Rob562

The only problem with renting points from a Disney Vacation Club member and renting a grand villa is that it'll still be pricey, really pricey. If you're talking Spring of 2008 during Spring Break, you're still talking about over 1000 dollars a day for a grand villa.

I remember satisfying my curiosity and looking into the Grand Villas. If memory serves, it's cheaper to rent two 2-bedroom villas than it is to rent a single 3-bedroom villa (whether reserving them directly from Disney or points-wise by renting points from a DVC member)

Also, I don't believe there's a whole lot of Grand Villas in the first place. Only the Boardwalk, Old Key West and Saratoga Springs have 3-bedroom units. I don't have the figures for the other two, but SS only has 24 3-bedroom units in the entire complex. (I assume OKW and BWV are similar)

My suggestion would be to either look into getting two 2-bedroom villas somehow, or get two cabins at Fort Wilderness.

-Rob

Upvote 0

octoberbarry

We did 2 cabins with 8 people and it was an excellent experience. The only suggestion is that you DEFINITELY rent golf carts, unless you will have cars there with you. It is very good to have your own transportation within Fort Wilderness.

Upvote 0

Jessie&Buzz

We looked into renting a villa. There are 11 of us going. It ended up costing each family alot more than we wanted. We are doing 4 different rooms at POFQ. We asked for them to be as close as possible with hopefully 2 connecting since my parents help with my kids.

Upvote 0

Imaginationeer

10 people can be a little tough. I remember going with 8 people during Christmas and having nothing but problems. All the disney experience in the world wont help you!:eek:

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave: You have a long time to research everything in advance. check out all the info. on allears.net, etc. remember, privacy of some kind, kids ages, BATHROOMS. that can be a pain...waiting for everyone. can really hold you up. Best idea, probably, is Pam from KK. they can do it all for you at no cost. How can you beat that? ha.ha. Next magical vacation....38 long days! woo hoo!! Happy Halloween......:sohappy:

Upvote 0

nmj91385

We usually go with 40-50 people in december and stay at CBR. We request to all be together and we usually end up all in one building or 2 right next to each other. Disney is really good at fulfiling requests.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Ok, if you are a Grand Gathering you have a much better chance of neighboring rooms (not sure why). But get in touch with Pam, she is great. We are doing our 3rd grand gathering over Christmas/New Years staying CSR. Then going back w/40 people in June..it is so nice just giving Pam all the info and letting her deal with it all.
Btw: w/ just a bit of planning, cells phones and tylenol you can get through Christmas w/a big group at WDW! Its my most favorite time of the year.

Upvote 0

swimmom

When I looked into prices for spring break 2007, it was cheaper to get regular rooms at WL rather than a villa. I have seen families gather in lobbies. When we stayed at WL December 2005 there was a family in the lobby doing a gift exchange. The lobby at WL has a lot of seating that you could get together and even some areas on upper floors out of the lobby for a group to sit. If you are concerned about having children in bed, you could request a 1st floor courtyard room and you could sit outside by the pool.

Upvote 0

Alztybrn

If you book through the Grand Gathering (don't know if this is going to continue), it seems Disney goes a little above and beyond to see that your rooms are close together. It happened to us last year. We had 7 and a 2 y/o. Originally they told us that we did not qualify for GG because it needed to be 8 paying people. But one time while making changes to the reservation, they transfered me to GG. Even though I mentioned that one of our party was a 2 y/o, she still booked it through GG. We ened up with 3 rooms right next to each other at CBR over the 4th of July. Very impressive!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom