Visiting the second week of November

SulleyanBoo

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/vacationplanner/vacationclimatology/monthly/USFL0372
-weather averages for Orlando according to The Weather Channel ^^

I live in Florida so im hoping that its going to be nice this fall/winter. Normally around this time, its a little hot during the day and very very nice at night. You can still wear shorts during the day and a long sleeve shirt or even a short sleeve tee and bring a light jacket. At night, wear jeans and a regular top with a jacket. IF there is wind at night, it can be a little chilly (for me, im a born and raised Floridian) :p We did go in November once 4 years ago and it rained and was humid for a whole day. Florida weather is extremely un predictable but November is usually one of our morew pleasant months.

Hope this helps!

luv

If you are coming from a cold climate, bring the jacket...you may need it, you may not. On a typical day, I'll wear shorts and short sleeves, with a jacket at night. It can get very cool. It can stay very warm/hot.

Like a lot of the country, we had a war winter last year. I was wearing shorts and short sleeves through most all the winter. But there are times in October where I will need capris and a light jacket. Not now, that's for sure! But it happens, especially later in the month.

So much depends on where you are visiting from. Native Floridians are whipping out winter coats for 60 degrees. Many cant even comprehend the difference in temperature between freezing and zero. When you explain that it is the same difference as the one between 95 and 63, you can see in their faces that they can't understand how much colder than ice you can be. They're wondering how it is possible. "Cold" is a very different concept to people from Texas than it is to those from Minnesota.

All summer, I heard my northern friends telling me it was worse where they were because their high was three to seven degrees above ours. But it wasn't worse there. Our humidity makes it rougher to spend summer here than there. When people visit me in the summer, I try to prepare them and I hear, "No, it's really hot and humid here, too." And then they get here and "get it." Hot and humid in Chicago is very different than hot and humid in Orlando.

Magical Dreamer

We've been going on this week for several years now and the weather has always been perfect!!

Sunny blue skys...high around 82F....nights usually a sweatshirt with shorts. Some of the lowest precip of the year.

We'll see you there!!

Magical Dreamer

Up to the Sunday prior to Thanksgiving their pretty low. Thunder Mountain would generally be 10 to 15 minutes.....Mansion and TOT about 10 min. Later night during EMH it's walk on.

We really enjoy walking regular pace through all those turstiles.

Going the week prior to Thaksgiving week was the best tip I ever got.....we don't even consider any other dates.

luv

Do you think Veterans Day being the Monday of that week (11/12) will impact crowds??
I would check the UG or touringplans.com on that, especially since there are marathons that weekend. I think it is totally likely, but I'm no Len Testa.

luis71091

Depends on where you're from! I think, in my situation - from the UK - Florida in Nov would be warmer than our summer.
It is, I live in Miami, and the highs are still in the 80's in Nov. With Fl you never know what the temp is going to be though. It's a day by day kind of thing. It should be comfortable though, not too hot, and def not too cold. Jeans and a T should be ok.

Rob562

I'll be there at the same time. The weekend you arrive might be a little busy as it's the end of "Jersey Week" as well as the final weekend of Food & Wine. But once you get into Monday (or Tuesday for Epcot) things should settle down again.

-Rob

tink27

We travel around november 5/6th to 19/20th every year and we find it to be a great time to visit, sure you need a jacket at night but we find the days to be mainly warm and sunny but coming for the uk its warmer than our summer, but last year it was humid for around a week and extremely warm even the night times did not require a jacket so the weather like everyone else has said varies alot but the crowds are low imo, the longest are for soarin and mid way mania, the rest we usually on ever que for around 30 minutes or so, sometimes alot less, have a great trip though, we fly out november 6th for 15 days so fingers crossed for the weather :)

chipndale76

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. I'm from NJ, so it will be nice to travel down south as we're beginning to get cold here. I just added an extra night to our trip, so we'll be there from 11/9 through the 16th. I can't wait, not even sure of what number trip we're on, def double digits- but this will be our youngest child's first trip ( he'll turn three on 11/19. 35 days and counting...

Frank Rizzo

Thanks everyone. I'm from NJ, so it will be nice to travel down south as we're beginning to get cold here. I just added an extra night to our trip, so we'll be there from 11/9 through the 16th. I can't wait, not even sure of what number trip we're on, def double digits- but this will be our youngest child's first trip ( he'll turn three on 11/19. 35 days and counting...
Hi my Mom and I are also traveling to the World from NJ during this time! Can't wait to be there this time of year as I am usually there during the peak times of the year and this should be a lot less crowded. Have a great trip!

chipndale76

Original Poster
Hi my Mom and I are also traveling to the World from NJ during this time! Can't wait to be there this time of year as I am usually there during the peak times of the year and this should be a lot less crowded. Have a great trip!

You too! I love going in the fall instead of the summer. We've done October before but this will be out first trip visiting when everything is decorated for Christmas. Can't wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom