Visiting the boardwalk after Epcot closes.

tentaguasu

Original Poster
I've never been to the boardwalk, and was looking forward to trying it out on this trip. I hear that it's much better to go in the evening.

If I stay at Epcot until illuminations ends, and then wander out to the boardwalk Will that be an active time to see some of the street performers and things?

Also, I would have to get back to pop century later. If I take a leisurely stroll through the boardwalk area, peek in a few places, check out some street performers, But don't eat anything or get drinks, will I have any transportation problems getting from there to downtown Disney and then back to pop century?

Cmdr_Crimson

I've never been to the boardwalk, and was looking forward to trying it out on this trip. I hear that it's much better to go in the evening.

If I stay at Epcot until illuminations ends, and then wander out to the boardwalk Will that be an active time to see some of the street performers and things?

Also, I would have to get back to pop century later. If I take a leisurely stroll through the boardwalk area, peek in a few places, check out some street performers, But don't eat anything or get drinks, will I have any transportation problems getting from there to downtown Disney and then back to pop century?

Nope...The busses to DTD go until 2AM.....However DTD Has changed it's hours everything there closes at 12am. Just a heads up if you decide to go look around after your venture through the Boardwalk...

castlecake2.0

Its a nice walk after IllumiNations, you can do a full circle around the lagoon and check out the Yacht and Beach Club as well. You can utilize Disney Transport or also take a cab from one of the resorts, it might be worth the cash for a quick trip back to your Resort.

graphite1326

I asked a CM how I would get back to POP if I stayed too late at Boardwalk. She told me upon reentering EPCOT tell them your car is in the parking lot and they will let you through.

Bairstow

When we were there in October, the street performers were still out in full force after Illuminations for their final shows and acts, so unless they've changed things you'll have a bit of time.

Also, for transportation back to pop, check the park hours and see if a late showing of Fantasmic is running. If it is, you might be able to ride a water taxi to Disney Studios and catch a bus from there.

Mickey1984

Slightly off subject, what would happen if last bus was missed out of Boardwalk at 2am? How would the OP get back to their hotel? Or is it not possible to miss it as they sweep the area to make sure everyone has left?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Slightly off subject, what would happen if last bus was missed out of Boardwalk at 2am? How would the OP get back to their hotel? Or is it not possible to miss it as they sweep the area to make sure everyone has left?
The easiest solution would be to take a cab.

Quite honestly, I would advise taking a cab regardless if the buses are running or not.
The absolute minimum time it will take you to get a bus from the Boardwalk to Disney Springs then back to Pop is around 40 minutes. In all probability, you will spend more than an hour waiting and riding on buses.

A cab will get you there in 8 minutes and will cost around $10.

Bairstow

Well they definitely don't "sweep" the area. Resort guests from the Boardwalk, as well as Yacht/Beach are allowed to walk around the boardwalk area all night long if they wish. Anyone is, really; this area never "closes".

Rob562

I asked a CM how I would get back to POP if I stayed too late at Boardwalk. She told me upon reentering EPCOT tell them your car is in the parking lot and they will let you through.

I think that would really depend on how late beyond Epcot closing you're trying to do that. If it's within an hour or so (especially if people are still leaving Epcot) then you're all set.

But if you're talking 3 hours after the park has closed, after the park has been swept by Security, they may not let you through. (In that case, you'd probably have to take a cab from one of the hotels around to the parking lot.)

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom