Visiting Sept - March? Don't bother!

Damien666

Ok, BTTF is closing in Sept. and Jaws is closing to get ready for HHN.

Even with two attractions closed you still have a lot more to do then AK.
(BTW, Twister is a better show then some people say.)
Nemo, I think your taking things to the extreme here. I know BTTF was a good attraction but things must move on sadly.

Michael72688

NemoRocks said:
It is officially time to panic....

:eek: :cry: :eek: :cry: :eek: :cry: :eek: :cry: :eek:

If this thing actually becomes TRUE....my USF ROTM ride count stops at 78. I will keep my AP for the time being but only because I need it to get into TNA Wrestling events. I will not go on any rides, I will not buy any merchandise/food, I will just go straight to the line to get into the show.

Thanks for _______ up, Universal. :mad:

Actually Universal is doing the right thing. The ride is terrible and needs to go.

Legacy

NemoRocks said:

:eek: :cry: :eek: :cry: :eek: :cry: :eek: :cry: :eek:

If this thing actually becomes TRUE....my USF ROTM ride count stops at 78. I will keep my AP for the time being but only because I need it to get into TNA Wrestling events. I will not go on any rides, I will not buy any merchandise/food, I will just go straight to the line to get into the show.

You sure James?

No more Halloween Horror Nights?

No more Mummy?

No more Incredible Hulk?

Come on, buddy? What are always telling the Disney-freaks?

It's just a theme park...

jozzmenia

cmatt said:
well again people become sensationalist by the hear say of others *got to love this forum for this sometimes*

Ill be going....

Ill be enjoying it....

Two rides out of a WHOLE park isnt that much....

so - *meh* - im not exactly bothered about this apparent *news* ;)

i was thinking that too. How does closing 2 OLD rides reduce universal to a 1/2 day park?? :confused: USF still has The mummy, shrek, terminator, men in black, earthquake, twister :dazzle: , jimmy neutron, etc. not to mention shows, food, etc. then there's IoA right across the way...I'm going to orlando 8/30 - 9/5. i hope everything's open, but if not, there will still be plenty to do...

jozzmenia

NemoRocks said:

:eek: :cry: :eek: :cry: :eek: :cry: :eek: :cry:

you're being sarcastic right? :lookaroun

jozzmenia

Michael72688 said:
Actually Universal is doing the right thing. The ride is terrible and needs to go.

i think with back to the future they should do what Disney did to Alien Encounter (which was not a good idea for disney but would work in this case for universal...) and what they did with hanna barbera - they should use the space and concept but change it to an updated movie. i like BttF the movie but it's old. cant think of what movie would take its place, but something. many IRobot or Independence Day, mission impossible, superman - SOMETHING.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Michael72688 said:
The right thing would've been to give it a proper refurbishment a long, long time ago. The screen needed desperate cleaning, some of the DeLoreans needed their effects to work again, and the motion system could've used some work (went on USH's last year and it was perfect). I can't believe Bob Gale (who is still very close to the BTTF universe, going to the screenings/Q&A sessions, conventions, etc.), Rob Zemeckis, or even Steven Spielberg, who got E.T. Adventure the 20th Anniversary refurbishment, never stepped in and had something done about it.

Hopefully it will stay at USH like E.T. Adventure stayed here....

Legacy said:
You sure James?

No more Halloween Horror Nights?

No more Mummy?

No more Incredible Hulk?

Come on, buddy? What are always telling the Disney-freaks?

It's just a theme park...
Alright, so after thinking about it I realize I went overboard right there. :eek: :lol: I still love everything in USF (except for Earthquake :mad: ) and I can't imagine not doing something while I'm there for TNA (the whole thing I said had nothing to do with IOA, BTW....I still would've gone :lol: ). It just ______ me off because they sent the thing to an early grave (it still had a few years left IMO). I hope they at least announce a closing date because I would like to be there on the last day (it would be really cool of them to do a Kong-sized bash too since it's one of their signature attractions). When I go to the park next week I'm going to take a ton of photos of the whole thing and then put together a "memorial article" of sorts (I already wrote an article on the ride and how it came into place a long time ago for IOAHQ that has yet to see the light of day online since the HQ closed before it was going up so a lot of stuff from that will be included).

So yes, I will still be doing HHN, ROTM, and Hulk (although I seriously haven't been on it since the last HHN :lookaroun ). :p :wave:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
jozzmenia said:
:eek:

I wouldn't oppose an I, Robot attraction there, but World Expo would need to be changed to "Will Smith Expo." :lol:

I'd like to see War of the Worlds in the spot, even though I think it'd be great as a Twister replacement (and done the same way too unless they forked over the cash to do it Spidey style, which would be AWESOME :lol: ). At this point I'd even take The Fast and the Furious. Anything but The Simpsons would be fine....they are making a HUGE mistake if they actually go with that (even Family Guy would be better :lookaroun :lol: ).

JROK

The building is large enough that they could put in a Spider-Man style attraction... I'm deffinitely not against that... especially if they can improve even more on the ride... but if they bring The Simpsons into the park, I will chain myself up to the building and do some hippy protesting!!

This seems to be truely sad...

figment1988

i already heard the sad news, and as for writing a letter to the CEO of Universal orlando, i already made an open letter about this. we must try to keep BTTF: The Ride from going the way of the Ghostbusters and Kongfrontation.

Julius & Boobah

Original Poster
I'm all up for updating, and my knee jerk reactions to hannah barbera and Hitchcock were similar... I just wish more notice had been given or that they would just put it in Nickleodeon's buolding or build a new one.

I know it's cheaper to whack it in BTTF's but universal need to know that they need to spend money to make money. Beside USF doesn't need a new ride yet! It's just had w few in the last 4 years or so IOA is SCREAMING out for one.

I DO believe it will be a half day park during this time though, imagine MGM without RnR or TOT it's the same for me! Or MK wthout SPace and Splash mountain... they're two highlights for me and I believe that Universal are having two flagship rides closed at the same time.

I'm upset BTTF has to go but like I say I trust Universal when it comes to updates (mummy is also great) however I think Jaws should reamin open during this time.

coasterphil

The only thing I don't get with Universal is if they aren't going to add anything new to the parks, the least they can do is keep things updated and running properly.

Julius & Boobah

Original Poster
The thought of an I-Robot attraction is really cool, that and War Of The Worlds I'm totally with JROK on the whols Simpsons thing :hurl: YUK!

They have some cool movies to make some even cooler attractions from BUT EVERYONE knows BTTF even kids. My little cousins who are 4 and 7 know the BTTF films. They should have maintained it better IMO I just think it would be better for USF to add ANOTHER attraction to add to their list instead of chopping and changing all the time.

kcnole

every rumor I'm hearing on every other site is saying it's going to be remade into a simpson's ride along to open around the same time the movie opens in theatres.

Legacy

Julius & Boobah said:
Can we sabotage it? I.E what happened with Van Helsing LMAO!!! :drevil:
The movie flopped.

I'm kinda looking forward to it, as it does hold a lot of potential. I hope it has a different name then "Sprint for Springfield" but it will be something new and different.

CTXRover

I love the BTTF movies, but never really cared for the ride. Especially in the back seat where I spent most of time trying to prevent my head from being slammed into the back of the headrest instead of enjoying the ride.

Anyway, BTTF is an older film so I can understand the ride being a target to be redone, even if I think Earthquake is even more worthy of being replaced.

However, if all they do is change the film and modify the cars a bit with some paint as they did with Hanna Barbara to Jimmy Neutron I will be a little disappointed. It obviously makes sense to do that financially so I can completely understand that choice, but I'd rather see them try something new.

I'm also not a fan of the Simpsons rumor. Maybe the movie being released next year will spark more interest in the series, but otherwise The Simpsons are well past their prime and certainly there are more relevant UNIVERSAL-OWNED properties they could exploit in a new ride. Why does Universal turn to so many outside companies' films for their ride ideas? The Simpsons are certainly still very popular, but there are equal if not better choices within their own film and TV library they could choose from.

kcnole

The name I heard was "Simpsons Springfield Sprint"

I don't really love that name, but it's not horrible. I'm imagining the ride will be themed to some sort of race through springfield where we literally run into the characters and locations from the show throughout. As a fan of the Simpsons I'd like to see that, but I'd rather see it go in the Jimmy Neutron area than BTTF. I'd rather see BTTF stay and just get rehabbed so it doesn't get you sick when you ride it.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
kcnole said:
I'm imagining the ride will be themed to some sort of race through springfield where we literally run into the characters and locations from the show throughout.
That would be MUCH better in Neutron's place....something like that should in no way be allowed to take up a huge Omnimax screen with eight-passenger personal simulators.

JROK

I think the reason the Simpsons rumor keeps appearing is because one person started it on one board, then somebody from there took it to another board, then somebody from there to another and so on... I'm really skeptical if it is coming from within the company...

I think that GE/NBC are really unsure if they want to dump a lot of money into the parks still... This year's Halloween Horror Nights already had some budget cuts and an eigth house was cut from the budget... We can only imagine what other cuts are happening... it's a shame, but that's what happens when you don't have somebody like Disney giving you tons of money...

I did however notice that Universal Hollywood has now purchased ad space at the Dodger's stadium on the outfield wall... I think it may be do to the fact that HHN is returning to that park this year and maybe they're trying to spread the word...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom