Visiting Sept - March? Don't bother!

Julius & Boobah

Original Poster
I've just heard from a reliable source that both Jaws and BTTF will be closed during these months to cut down on "running costs" however tripe like BeetleJuice, twister and Earthquake will still run! :hammer:

Thanks Universal! My girlfriends 2nd trip to USF and Still can't ride jaws because you spent $30 million on Sylvester McBean.... :brick:

USF will basically be a half day park during these months so I wouldn't bother if I were you. Go to Animal Kingdom where there will be much more to do :mad:

JROK

News to me... I have a few friends that work Jaws and they haven't told me anything about this... I know they're using the Jaws queue in October for Halloween but that's not going to impede on the normal operations of the attraction... well, especially if it's not running...

I can understand Jaws costing a lot to run with the natural gas fire and all, no worse than Earthquake though, but why would BTTF be closed?

JT3000

Julius & Boobah said:
I've just heard from a reliable source that both Jaws and BTTF will be closed during these months to cut down on "running costs" however tripe like BeetleJuice, twister and Earthquake will still run! :hammer:

Thanks Universal! My girlfriends 2nd trip to USF and Still can't ride jaws because you spent $30 million on Sylvester McBean.... :brick:

USF will basically be a half day park during these months so I wouldn't bother if I were you. Go to Animal Kingdom where there will be much more to do :mad:

Strike One. :hammer:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
It's a damn shame but I can understand Jaws being closed like it was last year, but BTTF? The only way I could see it down if it was finally getting a refurbishment.

Julius & Boobah

Original Poster
JT3000 said:
Strike One. :hammer:

Care to elaborate?

I'd put money on this happening. I really hope I'm wrong though I really do. I don't get why they'd close BTTF either. IMO it should be one of the cheaper attractions to run as it has high capacity and uses a couple of fog effects and that's it.

But what I heard was "no re-habs they're closing the attractions to cut costs after Sylvester McBeans cost them $30 million to get back up and running".

kcnole

Are they really that stupid to close Jaws again after all the flack they received from closing it not too long ago. Looks like I'll definitely have to get it in on my trip in late August then. I've never ridden Jaws. It's been closed everytime I've visited, from my trips as a child to my trips later on in life.

cmatt

well again people become sensationalist by the hear say of others *got to love this forum for this sometimes*

Ill be going....

Ill be enjoying it....

Two rides out of a WHOLE park isnt that much....

so - *meh* - im not exactly bothered about this apparent *news* ;)

JROK

Michael72688 said:
I cant imagine they would have these two rides closed for Halloween Horror Nights, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Dont think its gonna happen

I'm with you on that... plus last year everyone got ed about Jaws being closed... I don't see this happening...

pheneix

Go ride BTTF while you still can. If you believe the rumors, it is not closing due to cost cuts and its not going to be temporary either.

Jaws should still be open though.

Mr Bill

I've gotten word that the ride will be getting a new film based on the third movie. I'd call it nothing more than a rumor now though.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
pheneix said:
Go ride BTTF while you still can. If you believe the rumors, it is not closing due to cost cuts and its not going to be temporary either.

Jaws should still be open though.
:confused:

It's funny, this morning everything (MIB, Jaws, ROTM, Shrek, etc.) was pretty much a walk-on until 11am or so but BTTF had a 25 minute wait at 9:45am (and I waited the whole time too). :lol:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Julius & Boobah said:
It is officially time to panic....

:eek: :cry: :eek: :cry: :eek: :cry: :eek: :cry: :eek:

If this thing actually becomes TRUE....my USF ROTM ride count stops at 78. I will keep my AP for the time being but only because I need it to get into TNA Wrestling events. I will not go on any rides, I will not buy any merchandise/food, I will just go straight to the line to get into the show.

Thanks for _______ up, Universal. :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom