Visiting other resorts....

Orange Dog

Original Poster
I see quite a bit of info about visiting other resorts, and viewing fireworks or strolling the grounds, etc. Is this totally acceptable? We are staying at the Beach Club, and thought about staying after our dinner at Fort Wilderness to watch the Electrical Parade- would this be OK?

DManRightHere

I believe you can even drive to other resorts (may not be all of them on monorail loop though). Just tell them you are eating and/or shopping.

pixiesteno

We have even driven over to other resorts to look around and because we were Disney guests, as noted from our parking pass, they let us in. If you are not driving you can always use Disney transport to resort hop. We like to do this as a break during the day from the parks. It is especially fun during the Christmas holiday time to see all the resort themed decorations.

kimberlymautz

On my last trip in December 2011 we spent a lot of time at Poly (mostly because my friend was a cast member there) and no one said anything to us. We also went to GF and wandered as well and everyone was really nice.

WillCAD

If anything, Disney encourages resort-hopping because it naturally leads to guests booking return visits.

That's true.

Disney didn't just put all of those great restaurants in the resorts for the people who are staying there, they put them in the resorts to encourage Guests to visit many resorts, thus increasing the possibility that they'll stay there later.

Think of it this way: If you're staying at a Value or Moderate, but have dinner at Boma, wouldn't the lobby of AKL make you want to stay at AKL on a future trip? Wouldn't eating at WCC make you want to come back and stay at Wilderness Lodge?

Crazy like a fox. And that's why the WDW transportation system is not limited to Guests of the resorts - Disney knows that if you hop on a boat from International Gateway and explore the Epcot resorts, you're more likely to want to stay at Yacht Club or Boardwalk on a future trip. It's simple salesmanship - show the product to people, and some people will want the product.

Resort hopping is one of my favorite activities on vacation. I have visited all of the WDW resorts, eaten in many of the restaurants, browsed all of the gift shops, explored the grounds, taken thousands of photos, and the visits have definitely influenced me to stay in one or two additional resorts. I've also explored the resorts at Universal, and a couple of off-site places (I like visiting Gaylord Palms during the holiday season, for the decorations, the Ice! exhibit, and the terrific Mediterranean buffet).

So, OrangeDog, feel free to explore Fort Wilderness, watch the EWP, and enjoy the atmosphere. Note: If your stay happens to fall during the Halloween or Christmas time frame, be sure to walk around the camp site loops and enjoy the decorations that Guests put up around their sites. They are often more spectacular than the Disney decorations.

JIMINYCR

The Electrical Parade is fun and different, if youve never seen it before its worth seeing. It isnt a very long presentation though. Resort visiting/ wandering is a great way to change up the day and do something other than or in addition to the parks. The food courts have different food and snack selections to try. The gift shops although they carry a lot of the same things , if you look around you can find some resort specific items, occasional different pins and unique gift items. They all have different charm/ theming and location about them and its a great way to see someplace that you might want to try out on a future trip. Youll find something at every one that will make you glad you visited.

KikoKea

If you enjoy landscaping and interior design, you'll love resort hopping! We really like seeing how they decorate each resort- AK is really awesome, and we always sit by the fireplace at WL. Look for small details in everything. And, during the holidays the resorts are beautiful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom