Visiting in June and Need Some Advice

ILUVTHEMOUSE

Original Poster
My family and I are coming to Orlando in June (9-18). We will be spending a week at our timeshare but we are coming in two days early to go to the beach. We have planned to visit the Universal parks this trip and I am curious about the crowds at the parks during this time.

My DH and I have not been to Universal Orlando in about 13 years so we know a lot has changed since then. I am wondering about the removal of the Universal Express Pass kiosks. Since we are not staying on property, will we be spending most of our time standing in line.

I read on the Universal website that you can purchase Express Passes but the cost for the four of us would be over $100 just for one day. I am wondering if we should forget the beach and use the two extra days and stay at Universal. The cost to stay on property is more than I really want to spend (even with AAA discount) but I also want to see as much as we can.

Are there any Universal experts out there who can give me some advice??

crazydaveh

I don't think you will be in line all day if you're there during the week. Yes, you will wait, but so is everyone else!

Here's how you get around the long waits... SINGLE RIDER LINE! I used this last weekend when every ride was running 120 minute waits! We waited at the most, 20 minutes for Hulk, and that was the longest wait. The downside is that you don't get to ride with your party, but how often do you have a conversation on a ride?

I say keep the timeshare. Universal is a great place to stay, but come spend a few days and expect to wait... This way you will not be mad when you encounter them!

There are ways around the crowds too... PM me and I'll fill you in!

Have fun!

bayoutinkbelle

I've bought the Express Pass before, but that was when I went with a friend and didn't have to shell out for a whole party. We thought the extra money spent was worth it. I also went without Express both last June-July and October. The waits weren't that long despite the crowds. I used single rider lines at times to cut down on the more popular rides. It's a good tip. Good luck!

AndyP

If you're there early you can get through around 3 big attractions without any significant wait, leaving you time later in the day to wait in line. That's my advice!

We went to Universal in July & it took us almost 2 to 3 days to see everything. It was extremely hot & almost unenjoyable to be outside. I was just there a few weeks ago & compared to the summer, the crowds were non-existent. We used the Express pass, & while it is high priced, it was well worth the money spent. We got through lines quickly & most of the attendents didn't scan our pass, so we were allowed several "express" trips per ride for that day. We didn't stay on grounds as the hotels were high, but expect to spend time getting out of the parking garages. We'd spend a good 30 to 40 minutes walking from the park to the garages & then getting off grounds. It's not terrible, but you'll be tired

JROK

But taking 30 min to get out of the parks and on the road is no different then staying at Magic Kingdom where you have to wait 30 min to take a monorail to a shuttle, then another 10 min for the shuttle to your car and 10 min to get off MK property... :p

jezzerinos

Me and the missus will be visiting in june aswell. Went last year and it wasn't too bad, but that was during april.i guess that it will be sort of similar.Fingers crossed!!

JROK

jezzerinos said:
Me and the missus will be visiting in june aswell. Went last year and it wasn't too bad, but that was during april.i guess that it will be sort of similar.Fingers crossed!!

Yea it should be a similar experiences because April is the month of Easter and Spring Break so summer time, June, is pretty similar...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom